• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Don't know what to do.. Keep or sale GAP 6 Creedmor

Do both of your existing rifles have top tier scopes. If not, sell it or trade it for glass.

Yeah, 3 NF NXS 5.5x22x50 and 56. A Bushnell XRS 4.5x30x50, Vortex Viper PST 6x24x50, Zeiss MC Conquest 4.5x14x50 mildot and turrets, but I would LOVE to get my hands on a few more Bushnell's. I would probably get the 3.5x21x50 HDMR ERS with the G2 reticle and 10 mil per revolution turrets.

Call GAP and order some brass. Get a $40 set of dies from Hornady. Prime the brass dump 42gr of H4350 in it and stuff a 105 hybrid in there. Repeat. Then enjoy a flatter cartridge than your 6.5 that gives up nothing in the wind, recoils less, and is cheaper to shoot. It will be a hammer and if you still don't like it, sell it and all the components left for almost no loss.

What he said

Call GAP and order some brass. Get a $40 set of dies from Hornady. Prime the brass dump 42gr of H4350 in it and stuff a 105 hybrid in there. Repeat. Then enjoy a flatter cartridge than your 6.5 that gives up nothing in the wind, recoils less, and is cheaper to shoot. It will be a hammer and if you still don't like it, sell it and all the components left for almost no loss.

Yep!!

What he said

Mr. Gardner , Chris " Chicken" Rosson and I were shooting the other day at 1330 yards. He was shooting one of your 6 Creedmors. Jackass shot 4" group. I've already decided to keep the rifle. BEAUTIFUL rifle and as always, a damned laser beam.

If I were you I would definitely trade for my 338 Lapua and the 500 or so lapua brass, 400 or so Berger 300 and 250 otm bullets, 2k gm215m primers 4 lbs or so of h1000 and dies etc. That seems like the most logical option.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

Being everything equal in powder charge, bullet and barrel length, how much is a 243 lacking behind it in speed?

Being everything equal in powder charge, bullet and barrel length, how much is a 243 lacking behind it in speed?

I don't know for sure but I believe the capacity of the 243 is actually *marginally* greater than the cm. From experience the cm case is inherently very accurate and forgiving.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

I've got another question for you guys... I've got the Whidden FL bushing die for my 6.5 creedmor. Couldn't I just order a .270 bushing for it and it work for my 6mm creedmor ??

I've got another question for you guys... I've got the Whidden FL bushing die for my 6.5 creedmor. Couldn't I just order a .270 bushing for it and it work for my 6mm creedmor ??

I think the .270 equivalent is the 6.8. 6.5 is .264, and 6mm is .243. It's a 6.5 Creedmoor necked down to accept a .243 bullet.

I think the .270 equivalent is the 6.8. 6.5 is .264, and 6mm is .243. It's a 6.5 Creedmoor necked down to accept a .243 bullet.

Yes, that goes without saying. My question was not on caliber, but on the right bushing for my die. The neck is .272" , so I would need a .270 BUSHING. I understand the fact that its a .243 or 6mm. When I said .270, I meant .270" bushing.

Yes, that goes without saying. My question was not on caliber, but on the right bushing for my die. The neck is .272" , so I would need a .270 BUSHING. I understand the fact that its a .243 or 6mm. When I said .270, I meant .270" bushing.

10-4, excuse my ignorance on the topic. I don't have experience with bushing dies or anything to do with that. Looks like I misunderstood your question and you are trying to use your existing die for the new brass. I have never had to do that before. That is a sweet rifle you have by the way.

Last edited:
10-4, excuse my ignorance on the topic. I don't have experience with bushing dies or anything to do with that. Looks like I misunderstood your question and you are trying to use your existing die for the new brass. I have never had to do that before. That is a sweet rifle you have by the way.

No sweat man. Thank you. The rifle is most DEFINETLY sweet.
I went ahead and ordered a .270" bushing, 200 pieces of brass, and 200 105gr. Berger hybrids. got plenty of h4350, now just have to hurry up and wait !! Will probably shoot an f open match pretty soon. Just got to get to know the rifle a little better. Hell, I've only shot it 6 times.

you guys are missing the point, this is not about the 6MM having an advantage over the 6.5. The point is shoot the 6 while the 6.5 barrel is cooling off then keep rotating.
cheers.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I have a GAP Crusader 260 Remington that is an absolute laser. I would have never thought that I would spend that much money twice on rifles.
Well, I just ordered a 6mm Creedmoor Hospitaller. I convinced myself that I needed this rifle so that I could switch back and forth while the other one cooled down. I only hope that I don't wait too long to order the 3rd. It will be a GAP for sure. Probably GAP 10, and I have never had a want for an AR type rifle. It's all that damn George's fault!!!!! DAMMIT MAN!

You're right on that! I'm waiting on my third GAP right now, a 6 Creed. #Addicted...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gap for the win. I have gap 308, 223, 22, 6cm bolt guns and a gap 10 in 308 and 6cm.... It's a slippery slope