• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Don't play with bats

UKDslayer

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jan 29, 2005
    Texas
    The CDC finally doing things CDC should be doing:

Summary: 3 Americans have recently died from Rabies in Bats (Idaho, Illinois, Texas).
    Moral of the story: if you see a f*cked up bat do not try to pick it up.
    And ABC journalists still can't spell-check simple words like "exposure"....

Last edited:
    Reactions: Blue Sky Country
    Apparently there is a nasty fungus killing bats across North America. I noticed no bats this summer at the Lake (cause bats eat bugs and there was plenty of bugs).

Also given Covid..have we not learned to stop fucking around with bats either in the lab or in a market?

We threw rocks at them as kids so they’d chase us...life in the woods.
    Neighborhood kids (but not myself) where I grew up hit them with badminton rackets - old nearby cemetery had huge central tree that had tons bats and lightning bugs in summer...I always thought it was a bad idea but good to know they weren't the only idiots.

Reactions: akmike47
    Apparently there is a nasty fungus killing bats across North America. I noticed no bats this summer at the Lake (cause bats eat bugs and there was plenty of bugs).

Also given Covid..have we not learned to stop fucking around with bats either in the lab or in a market?
    White nose syndrome has killed up to 90% of brown bats in some areas of US...

Neighborhood kids (but not myself) where I grew up hit them with badminton rackets - old nearby cemetery had huge central tree that had tons bats and lightning bugs in summer...I always thought it was a bad idea but good to know they weren't the only idiots.
    We never tried to really hurt them, just thought it was hilarious when they’d swoop at us. Never even got close to hitting one lol. We also caught and played with wild pigs(mean as hell), had snakes chasing us(cotton mouths, not on purpose), squirrels(had multiple I could play with), got chased by a huge beaver down a creek, lol.

Idiot got bit by an otter fishing once, it walked up and his dumbass decided to pet it.

Reactions: splean
    We would toss a tennis ball up into the air and they would dive down after it almost to ground level.

Have three bat houses at my ex's that are occupied, but I put one up at my place back in 2016 and never has been. Huge impact on mosquitos over the years, and yet neither her (with the bats) nor me (none) have had a single mosquito bite this year. Very weird. I leave my doors to the deck open in nice weather, used to be a real problem.

Reactions: Jim Out
    Have three bat houses at my ex's that are occupied, but I put one up at my place back in 2016 and never has been. Huge impact on mosquitos over the years, and yet neither her (with the bats) nor me (none) have had a single mosquito bite this year. Very weird. I leave my doors to the deck open in nice weather, used to be a real problem.
    Lets see what those bats due with Gates' genetically modified mosquitoes...

I remember, back in the day, when I did farm work, plowing/disking fields. Those F'ers would always be dive-bombing the tractor in the evenings. I had to wear a jacket with the collar buttoned up. Hated those B$#%ards! In the 70's, we had a big scare of those things and rabies. Mac
    We threw rocks at them as kids so they’d chase us...life in the woods.

I've thought of putting up a few bat houses around us here.

That, and we've been 'bee' supporters for a lot of years. Honey bees and bumble-bee's.... not the 'assholes with wings'. They get chemicaled/flamed/splaticated/with-a-vengence.

Reactions: Ravenworks
    I've thought of putting up a few bat houses around us here.

That, and we've been 'bee' supporters for a lot of years. Honey bees and bumble-bee's.... not the 'assholes with wings'. They get chemicaled/flamed/splaticated/with-a-vengence.
    Don't kill the assholes because they can be used to make anti-venom.
    We have several people from the local college that will come out and harvest them for free no matter where the nest it.

please play with bats and send in the video so others might get a laugh I mean learn ...

Reactions: stello1001
    please play with bats and send in the video so others might get a laugh I mean learn ...
    Sorry no video.
    I had to evict 2 at work a few weeks ago. They got pretty cranky. Bit the shit out of that welding rod.

IMG-2592-1.jpg

We would toss a tennis ball up into the air and they would dive down after it almost to ground level.

Is your ex living in them?

Lots of bats here. Haven't noticed any increase or decrease.

They do dive bomb when on the mower . But thats because it stirs up the bugs. Meadowlarks do that all the time too.

They do their thing and I don't mess with them one way or another. I leave them be, they leave me be lol.

Mice on the other hand can die.

Reactions: Sean the Nailer
    Lots of bats here. Haven't noticed any increase or decrease.

They do dive bomb when on the mower . But thats because it stirs up the bugs. Meadowlarks do that all the time too.

They do their thing and I don't mess with them one way or another. I leave them be, they leave me be lol.

Mice on the other hand can die.
    You mean these guys?

• Wow
    Reactions: OldSalty2
    We never tried to really hurt them, just thought it was hilarious when they’d swoop at us. Never even got close to hitting one lol. We also caught and played with wild pigs(mean as hell), had snakes chasing us(cotton mouths, not on purpose), squirrels(had multiple I could play with), got chased by a huge beaver down a creek, lol.

Idiot got bit by an otter fishing once, it walked up and his dumbass decided to pet it.
    We would toss pebbles in the air as kids and they'd swoop at it, thinking it was a bug. Bats hunt and fly by radar, emitting a high pitch noise that reflects off things called echolocation. Thats why they have such big ears.

I told that to my class in the 4th grade and everybody laughed, including the teacher. I should have told them "Ok, stay stupid, dumbfucks."

old neighbor and i used to have fires out back of our place a few summers back. we had bats that would come out and eat bugs. one in particular, we named “fat bastard”. he wouldnt swoop or weave, he’d just open his yap and fly straight and scoop ‘em up like a whale hitting the krill. he’d make a big loop, and come through about every 5 minutes.

we tipped many a beer while watching him fly by. it got to the point that all the neighborhood kids knew him by sight. he looked like a c-130 doing a low flyby; so he was pretty easy to spot.

Last edited:
    Dragonflies take care of the mosquito problem without the rabies problems.
    Dragonflies don't stick around here, very rare to see except down by a river or lake. I did buy and put out a few dozen praying manti cases for many years and they were noticeably effective, but they got harder and harder to find.

Reactions: Jim Out
    We would toss pebbles in the air as kids and they'd swoop at it, thinking it was a bug. Bats hunt and fly by radar, emitting a high pitch noise that reflects off things called echolocation. Thats why they have such big ears.

I told that to my class in the 4th grade and everybody laughed, including the teacher. I should have told them "Ok, stay stupid, dumbfucks."
    Yeah I knew all that when I was a kid, but I read a lot of magazines and books.

I was walking through the yard a few months ago and had a humming bird fly into my head at midnight, thought it was a bat for a second until it buzzed around in my face and flew off. Figured those little SOBS wouldn’t be nested up that late.

^ there are moths that are just like hummers. at night, i wouldnt be able to tell them apart other than hummers aint out at night.
    I mean I turned on a flashlight and saw hummingbirds on some flowers 8ft away. That’s how I knew it was a hummingbird.

Luckily for me not everyone is retarded...

Dragonflies take care of the mosquito problem without the rabies problems.

They do a decent job
    ^ there are moths that are just like hummers. at night, i wouldnt be able to tell them apart other than hummers aint out at night.

We call them hummingbird moths. Typically get a few each summer. Pretty cool.

I didn’t know about them till like 2 years ago.
    Took this pic cause I didn’t know what the hell it was. Sure as shit it’s a humingbird moth.

That’s a giant hibiscus. The moth is about 2” long.
    A2A6CE6A-CB10-4028-94D1-7A8C82B31211.jpeg

a2a6ce6a-cb10-4028-94d1-7a8c82b31211-jpeg.7779382

Learned something today and that moth is pretty fucking cool 🙂

I had an employee Get bit by a bat a few years ago. We were Taking apart an old mansard roof to put new slate on it. The bat bit him through his mechanic glove not bad but broke skin and pin prick of blood.
    He had to go though rabies treatment of three shots at a cost of $ 17,000 to my insurance 😳
    Don’t mess with those grumpy fuckers.