• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Down goes Mosul.

I was on an 18 man team that lived in Sadr city in an abandoned building for 15 months. We had a 75% casualty rate by the time we left. I personally think (not to be taken as fact, this is just my suspicion) that a lot of our injuries were funded by the $50k in cash we handed to this terrorist every month. The leader was named Col. Khalid. He was a former Colonel in the republican guard. The final straw was Oct. 1st, 2007 when his guys killed one of our guys, Jerome Murkerson, an outstanding man with 4 kids. He was shot in the head during a raid, while we were staged outside. Coincidentally, Col. Khalid was also shot in the head the next night. Supposedly it was with a .308 at a distance of around 250 yards, but all of us 18 guys were busy giving each other back rubs, so it wasn't us, says the IG's report. Here is a picture of me (left side of the picture) with my mentor on my first jump in the unit. Gerry, the guy on the right, was shot in the elbow and lost his left arm.

FbeKvyX.jpg

This is a picture of Col. Khalid inspecting one of his bombings that killed 22 Iraqi soldiers before his brain exploded. The date on the picture is wrong, that picture was taken in August of 2007.

8xUdtfl.jpg

Someone asked me how I can smile....If you were married to this, and had these three kids, you'd smile too. If it weren't for them I wouldn't smile. Hell, I wouldn't even be here.
pnN353k.jpg

EYVPn2S.jpg

Reap the whirlwind Khalid, you son of a bitch.

tell your story delta....your boys deserve it to be heard and never forgotten.

I was on an 18 man team that lived in Sadr city in an abandoned building for 15 months. We had a 75% casualty rate by the time we left. I personally think (not to be taken as fact, this is just my suspicion) that a lot of our injuries were funded by the $50k in cash we handed to this terrorist every month. The leader was named Col. Khalid. He was a former Colonel in the republican guard. The final straw was Oct. 1st, 2007 when his guys killed one of our guys, Jerome Murkerson, an outstanding man with 4 kids. He was shot in the head during a raid, while we were staged outside. Coincidentally, Col. Khalid was also shot in the head the next night. Supposedly it was with a .308 at a distance of around 250 yards, but all of us 18 guys were busy giving each other back rubs, so it wasn't us, says the IG's report. Here is a picture of me (left side of the picture) with my mentor on my first jump in the unit. Gerry, the guy on the right, was shot in the elbow and lost his left arm.

FbeKvyX.jpg

This is a picture of Col. Khalid inspecting one of his bombings that killed 22 Iraqi soldiers before his brain exploded. The date on the picture is wrong, that picture was taken in August of 2007.

8xUdtfl.jpg

Someone asked me how I can smile....If you were married to this, and had these three kids, you'd smile too. If it weren't for them I wouldn't smile. Hell, I wouldn't even be here.
pnN353k.jpg

EYVPn2S.jpg

I've said it before. I'm sorry for all of your loss, but I'm happy you made it out. You have a beautiful family, and I wish you all the success in the world. You deserve it.

Rot in Hell Col Khalid. I really hope it was an M24 that exploded your head.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

It must be tough living in a time of shattered illusions but better shattered with hope of renewed clear vision than being stuck with your head up your ass until your time on this planet is over.

I would sympathize more but i'm thinking it's time for those whom had it too good for too long to feel how it is when you relax and forget your heritage and roots.

Schadenfreude just keeps you warm all night, doesn't it?

I can see it now. The Quds forces telling their puppets in the Shiite Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki government to conduct airstrikes on the Sunni targets that Saudi, Turkey, the Gulf States,Jordan, etc. all support. Because after all, the rocket surgeons in the west know how to pick winners.

Or, just send cash, more weapons and conduct airstrikes for Iran's puppet the Shiite Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki government. Because this time they will share power with the Sunni.Really they will this time.

Delta4-3 has the best six reasons to do nothing. Him,his buddy,wife,daughters. Perhaps its time for the regional governments to get involved.

Having gone on some ops with the Kurds, and having a Kurd translator in Sadr...I pitty the fool that starts a gunfight with them.
Im a little burdened by this whole ordeal, because as you mentioned in not so many words...the deaths of several brothers seems to go down in value as time goes on. (Not to me, but from a world standpoint)
There are several US citizens who's first names are Colonel and General that should be executed for facilitating the deaths of our soldiers directly. For instance, when we were taking back Sadr city in 2007, General P. was having our 18 man team pay a certain terrorist $50k a month, for no good reason, and supply him with weapons. 6 guys from my unit were killed directly by some of the precision rifles we provided this guy. We passed this info up the chain and were told to shut up and fuck off more or less.

hell with writing it down ...I would take it to 60 minutes............

Delta4-3, thank you for your service. Our nation will be forever poorer for the lack of the friends you lost. Book or no book, story or no story, that is up to you. It is good to remember the past and to honor those who have paid too much.....Just remember, we live in today. The ultimate tribute we can pay to those who have passed before us is to make the most of our today's.

FbeKvyX.jpg

8xUdtfl.jpg

pnN353k.jpg

EYVPn2S.jpg

That is one fu(ked situation for sure. Glad that POS was dealt with properly. x2 the world is that much colder without those buddies of yours. Sounds like youre keeping your head up though. Anytime youre near Gwinnett County Ga give me a PM Ill fund some brewskis and range time if possible.

AFA writing the book, Id listen to yourself before anyone else. If the contents of said book were damning enough, Ive no doubt the right people could turn you into the next Edward Snowden, or worse. You could might pull it off by using a pseudonym and not revealing your identity to anyone, even the publisher. As said though, if the contents are damning enough, there is still a high risk of you being found out and disappearing. Whats even more fu(ked is the same people assigned to disappear you would likely have been called "buddy" back around the timeframe you were in Iraq(and they likely were there too). Stay low out there brother.

Sunni's being bank rolled by the Gulf States and the Saudis. The Shi'a being backed by Iran. This is no surprise people. I can guarantee they had better leave the Kurds alone!!! The Kurds have been getting training and weapons from Israel, for use of there airport and proximity to Iran. Watch Jordan and see how long it takes for King Abdalla to be assassinated and his country turned into a new base for terrorist.

I for see Israel hitting Iran and at some point having to deal with these jihadist neighbors that are more radical than currant regimes. I could see Russia getting involved, and yes they do have enough troops to have a multi front.

Israel won't bomb Iran, it certainly won't engage a land war against ISIS when they have all that space to vanish into. No-one's going to attack the Kurds. Iraq will become a weird state where the oil fields will magically have law and order around them up to the ports and pipeline and the rest will turn into shit. Maybe even Xe will be welcomed back to spread liberty and freedom.... There will be plenty of misery and suffering for all the normal people who didn't want to do anything other than get on with their lives. Perhaps for them being nuked would be blessing.

In between your collective nuke'em fetish you may wish to pause for thought about what China would do about all this (hint: not stay quiet), what THAT would mean and how much of your daily lives would be impacted by $1,000pb oil. I'm guessing all that glass would give you something to look into when you wonder how did it all go so wrong...

US Contractors in Running Gun Battles as they E&E

Breaking: US Security Contractors Engage in Gun Battles to Escape Iraq | The Gateway Pundit

The Washington Post inexplicably buried the lede in Thursday night’s story on U.S. contractors starting evacuations from Iraq.

One has to read to the ninth paragraph (out of eleven) to read of the report that U.S. security contractors traversing embattled areas are engaging in gun battles as they try to evacuate other civilian contractors:

“Contractor evacuations began Wednesday, if not earlier, said Ginger Cruz, CEO of Mantid International LLC, a consulting firm that works with numerous companies in Iraq…

“On Thursday, the electronics giant Siemens was working to get about 50 employees out of Baiji, Cruz said. It was not clear exactly what their operation there entails, but the company announced in February that it had signed a deal to provide service and maintenance to a large gas power plant there. The oil refinery city is some 130 miles north of Baghdad.

“Cruz said that her firm has recommended using teams of U.S. and Kurdish private security firms to evacuate the contractors because the semi-autonomous Kurdish government in Iraq’s north had sent its security forces known as pesh merga to take control of the city of Kirkuk after Iraqi security forces abandoned their bases and equipment and fled. The Kurdish forces now control roads in the region.

“Negotiations were ongoing to secure the safety of foreign personnel in Baiji and to get them out of harm’s way. U.S. security contractors involved reported that they engaged in gunfire to get through the region, Cruz said.”

Now it's really going to get interesting as Iran has begun to add to mix. I would imagine that the Qods Forces is already operating in Iraq with the IRGCGF elements not too far behind. I would love to see Iran come into Iraq in force and let them get a taste of what a war zone is like - not like Syria where they only are using advisers. They have been causing chaos for years with their proxies. Time for them to get some of the medicine that they dealt to U.S. forces. I think we still have some EFP's in the inventory from cache raids. Time to put them back to work against the Iranian ground forces with no up armored vehicles. It's time to bleed those MF'ers and make them pay with their limited state treasure...this could get good if we could play the pay-back game.

http://hotair.com/archives/2014/06/...tionary-guard-headed-to-iraq-to-take-on-isis/

Last edited:
Now it's really going to get interesting as Iran has begun to add to mix. I would imagine that the Qods Forces is already operating in Iraq with the IRGCGF elements not too far behind. I would love to see Iran come into Iraq in force and let them get a taste of what a war zone is like - not like Syria where they only are using advisers. They have been causing chaos for years with their proxies. Time for them to get some of the medicine that they dealt to U.S. forces. I think we still have some EFP's in the inventory from cache raids. Time to put them back to work against the Iranian ground forces with no up armored vehicles. It's time to bleed those MF'ers and make them pay with their limited state treasure...this could get good if we could play the pay-back game.

Here comes the, er, cavalry? Iranian Revolutionary Guard heads to Iraq to take on ISIS « Hot Air

There will be plenty of time. I have a feeling things are just getting started!!

The Iranians have been in the mix for a long time. There was a group of Iranians killed in Iraq 7 years ago, wearing ACU's, carrying M4's/16's.

"And the number of the armie of the horsemen were two hundred thousand thousand"

Something to think about but probably not to discuss here.

"And the number of the armie of the horsemen were two hundred thousand thousand"

Something to think about but probably not to discuss here.

...and my rifles all be named DEATH.

Wow, just wow. No other comment on the Kool-Aid drunkenness that I just witnessed. Wow.

What is its with Iraqi fighters? It seems the only people who will actually fight are the extremists. They are the only ones with any balls. The Iraqi Security Forces reportedly have thrown down their weapons, thrown away their uniforms, and have gone to their homes. Just like most of them did during the initial invasion back in 2003. They let their homes be overrun. WTF? If these guys can't help themselves, then fuck them.

What is its with Iraqi fighters? It seems the only people who will actually fight are the extremists. They are the only ones with any balls. The Iraqi Security Forces reportedly have thrown down their weapons, thrown away their uniforms, and have gone to their homes. Just like most of them did during the initial invasion back in 2003. They let their homes be overrun. WTF? If these guys can't help themselves, then fuck them.

I think a quote from the Spartans sums this up. A bit of intro:

In the war between the Greeks and the Persians led by Darius, the Spartans had fucked up. They killed the two men Darius had sent to discuss terms of surrender, which was a big no-no as they were under protection like a white flag. For this the Spartans had incurred a curse. Two lift the curse the King asked for volunteers to go die in their place. Two young Spartans of noble birth volunteered. Along the way they stopped and were befriended by one of Darius' generals who invited them to stay and be his subjects and save their lives. Their reply was (paraphrased)

"You say that because you are a slave and have no experience of freedom like we do. If you knew freedom you would bid us to go and fight not just with swords, but with spears."

So the problem with the Iraqi's is that they have no true experience freedom, or democracy, as we do. Thus they have nothing, in their minds and hearts, worth more than their own miserable cowering lives. Nothing worth dieing for so they run away. All our training cannot insitl, in such a short time, that love of freedom. Most of them never fought for it...it was handed to them. Kind of like those who have welfare handed to them never acquire the will to work for themselves.

Their adversaries, the Al Quaida fighters, at least have the hate of their religious zealotry, and the hate of Israel.

The Kurdish Peshmerga, as anticipated, are kicking ass and taking names. Very good chance that they will secure the KRG areas in the North, and may also push into some other areas to build a buffer against ISIS. Theories are floating around that Maliki intentionally made no effort to keep forces in the North because of the stressed relationship with the KRG, so he left the Kurds to defend themselves.

Latest scuttle butt has the Kurds holding the North, Iraqi (& US Forces) holding Bagdad, and IRAN pushing in from the South, with ISIS controlling areas in the West.

Million dollar questions:
- how far will IRAN go, and what will be their ultimate long term plans?
- what will the US do, especially with IRAN in the country?

Very good chance this could turn into a civil war, with the major players (Kurds, Sunni, Shia) trying to carve up Iraq, with the potential to spill into the surrounding countries.

Good news, they are busy fighting each other. Bad news, the extremist are having a field day for now, and they stand a good chance of establishing a stronghold from where they will be able to stage attacks against our allies in the region and ultimately here in the US.

Given the obvious upswing in extremist confidence and capability, and all of the players involved, this could go global on a larger scale pretty quickly.

If this continues to grow and spread, like I said WW III or whatever you want to call it, will be a very obvious reality in more ways than one.

Here comes the, er, cavalry? Iranian Revolutionary Guard heads to Iraq to take on ISIS « Hot Air

1. They will not have the silly ROE's that hindered us.
2. They know how the insurgents fight and what they rely on to be able to fight because they played a significant hand in training and aiding them.
3. They are not there to 'help' I'll wager, they probably have a defined need/objective that won't put them at significant risk of prolonged war.
4. It's entirely possible this is nothing more than posturing to get leverage during the arms talks.

I seem to remember something like this about forty some years ago when Gerald Ford told all of the chicken shit assholes that ran during the war to come on home, all is well. Then the provinces of RVN started to fall and the neighbor Pol Pot came around to help. All was OK and to hell with the money we spent and around 59,000 lives lost. Saigon fell and the NVA had lots of US equipment. No head end people admitted to having made any mistakes.
Now we have this in Iraq.
Nobody reads or studies history, just repeat the mistakes.
Some wise old general said something along the lines of,'To defeat your enemy you must know him."
Here we go on another round and how is A-stan any different? FM

I seem to remember something like this about forty some years ago when Gerald Ford told all of the chicken shit assholes that ran during the war to come on home, all is well. Then the provinces of RVN started to fall and the neighbor Pol Pot came around to help. All was OK and to hell with the money we spent and around 59,000 lives lost. Saigon fell and the NVA had lots of US equipment. No head end people admitted to having made any mistakes.
Now we have this in Iraq.
Nobody reads or studies history, just repeat the mistakes.
Some wise old general said something along the lines of,'To defeat your enemy you must know him."
Here we go on another round and how is A-stan any different? FM

It's completely different because we're actually doing deals with them and will ensure a smooth orderly handover to the Taliban. There will be no fighting this time....

"Iraqi PM Nuri Al-Maliki is to be blamed for the army’s defeat. Did his military leaders fail him? Or did he fail to defend the two provinces when he focused instead on settling political accounts there as his rivals claim? It’s not unlikely. After all, it’s Al-Maliki who dissolved the Awakening Councils — which fought Al-Qaeda following the withdrawal of US troops — just because they are Sunnis! The result was that the ISIL returned and seized both provinces!
Unfortunately, Al-Maliki persisted at settling his political accounts under the excuse of fighting terrorism but he didn’t really fight terrorist groups. He adopted this style during most of his term in governance. He described those who disagreed with him as terrorists, forcing them to either flee the country or submit to him. Therefore, when the battle erupted, his forces witnessed one defeat after the other because he refused the reconciliation of political parties there and because he abandoned the tribes who fought against Al-Qaeda.
The army was thus fighting as a foreign party in its own land.
A few days ago, Al-Maliki altered his rhetoric and called for “uniting efforts to fight terrorism and curb it.” However, his problem is that his statements are not credible.
The battle against terror groups will be long and painful regardless of whether he stays premier or not. He must resolve the anger, which civil and military parties and tribes in Anbar and Nineveh hold toward him. Without their cooperation, he will fail at the war with the ISIL, which will reach him in Baghdad. Al-Maliki let Al-Qaeda grow and expand in Anbar because he thought it would harm his rivals, but he did not comprehend the size of threat which terrorism poses. The Americans have begun to intervene since December when they realized that Al-Qaeda is growing in a manner that threatens all of Iraq’s provinces and when they realized that terrorists are preparing their forces and intending to attack Baghdad!"
ISIL: Iraq under threat | Arab News ? Saudi Arabia News, Middle East News, Opinion, Economy and more.

Churchill said best "History is written by the victors". The US lost the war in Iraq and Iran won it. Al-Maliki protects the Shia and his government and HIS ARMY allow no Sunni participation. He has allowed Iranian arms, fighters and support to flow freely to Syria despite US protests.Iran calls the shots in the Iraq government.

But Iran also likes the status quo. The current borders as they are allow the control of the Kurds which Iran is loathe to concede any autonomy. The five million Iranian Kurds. They also allow the Shia to control the Sunni within Iraq's borders.To keep them subservient to the Baghdad government.

Troops fight hard when they have a reason to fight. Why would a Iraq army or police unit fight for a government that they know to be corrupt. Why would they fight a enemy that enjoys local support.

BBC had reporters on the Kurd border interviewing refugees fleeing into the Kurdish area from Mosul. They had not fled their homes when ISIL has seized control of Mosul.They fled when Al-Maliki said he was going to bomb Mosul.The next day the same reporter was interviewing refugees going in the opposite direction. From the Kurdish area back to Mosul.

When the BBC reporter asked why they were going back. They replied that they didn't think the city would get bombed by Baghdad and they had their houses to look after.They may not like the foreign fighters of ISIL. But they are an improvement on the corrupt distrusted Iraq army and Baghdad government.

"LISTEN: Duke Professor of Political Science and Public Policy Bruce Jentleson on latest in Iraq (interviewed on WWL New Orleans talk radio by Tommy Tucker, on June 13, 2014)

EXCERPTS: We’ve spent years fighting a war there (Iraq), twice as long as WW2 and almost 4 times as long as WW1, spent billions of dollars, a lot of brave Americans gave their lives and fundamentally the government in Iraq under the Shia government of Prime Minister Maliki has continued to alienate the people. You even have some of the Sunnis saying they’d rather go with the militants than the government and that’s a pretty stark comparison that you’re hearing from people on the ground..

The Kurds right now are holding their own. They have a military that goes back to the early 1990s, and not just the US but UN forces helped train them. And they know what they’re fighting for, whereas the military under Maliki, even the Shia, have shown up to work in their uniforms with their civilian clothes underneath and they’re peeling off their uniforms rather than taking up the fight. And some people are blaming president Obama. We spent 8 years trying to train these guys and if they don’t want it, like anything else, you can’t make people want it just by forcing it on them…"
- See more at: Expert Voices: Understanding The ISIS Offensive in Iraq : ISLAMiCommentary

The former US ambassador to Iraq was on PBS nightly news yesterday together with another former ambassador. Both said the same thing. ISIL can't be defeated until the Baghdad government shares power with the Sunni.The Sunni in part support ISIL because they despise the Al-Maliki government.

Today on PBS Nightly news is the Iraq ambassador to the US. Spouting all the usual Iranian...er Iraq line of BS. ISIL are terrorists. Iraq will fall without massive US support including US air-power and new weapons.Iraq will breakup quickly without immediate US support.

Al-Maliki is ready to share power he stated but there was just an election. So "it takes time you know". Ignoring the fact that he assumed power May 20, 2006.

Further reading:
http://www.vox.com/2014/6/13/5803712/11-things-iraq-crisis-isis

Last edited:
I think a quote from the Spartans sums this up. A bit of intro:

In the war between the Greeks and the Persians led by Darius, the Spartans had fucked up. They killed the two men Darius had sent to discuss terms of surrender, which was a big no-no as they were under protection like a white flag. For this the Spartans had incurred a curse. Two lift the curse the King asked for volunteers to go die in their place. Two young Spartans of noble birth volunteered. Along the way they stopped and were befriended by one of Darius' generals who invited them to stay and be his subjects and save their lives. Their reply was (paraphrased)

"You say that because you are a slave and have no experience of freedom like we do. If you knew freedom you would bid us to go and fight not just with swords, but with spears."

So the problem with the Iraqi's is that they have no true experience freedom, or democracy, as we do. Thus they have nothing, in their minds and hearts, worth more than their own miserable cowering lives. Nothing worth dieing for so they run away. All our training cannot insitl, in such a short time, that love of freedom. Most of them never fought for it...it was handed to them. Kind of like those who have welfare handed to them never acquire the will to work for themselves.

Their adversaries, the Al Quaida fighters, at least have the hate of their religious zealotry, and the hate of Israel.

Hate will burn you out. If I fight for the people I love, the land I love and the freedoms I love I may die as well, but I will never die running away.

I've read in places about how this proves the futility of the Iraq war and waste of American lives. I wonder why nobody points to the Kurds as a shining example of how American actions has directly liberated and allowed a group of people who for many years were mercilessly brutalized by the Turks, Iranians and Iraqis to be a free people and a prospering one at that. While there was mass murder in the markets and mosques across Iraq a new democracy was born and thriving up north.

The Kurds deserve their own state as much as the Jews did. Much respect for the Kurds, fwiw.

Oh really? Despite your heroic willingness to sign a petition (no less) backing the killing of all Muslims? Perhaps you don't know the dominant religion of the Kurds...

And how does one 'deserve' a state? What's the criteria and who's the legitimate judge? Don't worry, rhetorical.

Oh really? Despite your heroic willingness to sign a petition (no less) backing the killing of all Muslims? Perhaps you don't know the dominant religion of the Kurds...

And how does one 'deserve' a state? What's the criteria and who's the legitimate judge? Don't worry, rhetorical.

Go fuck yourself.

and with all this going on...still a barrel of oil is $100 dollar bill. Lives lost, regime changes and the price of a barrel of oil is and has been for the last 8 years a hundred dollar bill give or take a few bucks. you gotta love capitolism

and with all this going on...still a barrel of oil is $100 dollar bill. Lives lost, regime changes and the price of a barrel of oil is and has been for the last 8 years a hundred dollar bill give or take a few bucks. you gotta love capitolism

I think it has less to do with capitalism than with, what is it now, 11 nuclear powered carrier groups. One of them always near the Persian Gulf...just in case.

It Hurts me to write this. I feel like a liberal. Tho' I'm 180. I can't comprehend sharia law. These countries live by it. Why? I don't know. Guess a couple of o's and h's dictate.

I hate to side with isis but they are fighting for their beliefs. Imagine if o said we are now under sharia. Your wife or daughter had to stay in a cave?

These countries have been fighting this war for eons. Who are we to make them celebrate Xmas?

Bottom line is we should be thankful we have a choice.

Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) cannot take over the whole country of Iraq. They are on a roll at the moment due to a surprise attack on the Iraqi Security Forces (ISF)...why it was a surprise I don't know, but, the issue is the ISF was having all kinds of probelms in Fallujah and Ramadi and had taken a lot of their forces out of the south to fight. The northern part of Iraq was light on forces and had no capability for reserve forces as it was in Baghdad and in Al Anbar. The battle lines will stabilize as the Iranians and the Shia militias get involved.

I think this will turn into a Syria scenario where there will be constant battles fighting over towns and enclaves. The Kurds will gather some ground in the Disputed Boundaries and get more weapons off the battlefield like they did in OIF. Although Iraq has not wanted the three state within a state solution, the moves by ISIL will draw the boundaries for them. The one item of interest is to see how the Sunni Tribes will react. ISIL is no friends of a lot of the Sunni Tribes, and just like Syria, at some point ISIL will have issues with some of the tribes and fighting will occur. ISIL can't help but to be brutal with their interpretation of sharia and not everyone is a fan of they way they dole out their justice.

And the plot thickens......

----------------------------------------------

ANKARA (Reuters) - Iran could contemplate cooperating with its old adversary the United States on restoring security to Iraq if it saw Washington confronting "terrorist groups in Iraq and elsewhere", Iranian President Hassan Rouhani said on Saturday.

Rouhani, a pragmatist who has presided over a thaw in Iran's relations with the West, also said Tehran was unlikely to send forces to Iraq but stood ready to provide help within the framework of international law. Baghdad has not requested such assistance, he added.

Shi'ite Muslim Iran has been alarmed by the seizure this week of several major northern Iraqi towns by Sunni Islamist insurgent forces and their sweep southward to within an hour's drive of Baghdad, and not far from the Iranian border.

"We all should practically and verbally confront terrorist groups," Rouhani told a news conference broadcast live on state television.

Asked if Tehran would work with Washington in tackling the advances by Sunni insurgents in Iraq, he replied: "We can think about it if we see America starts confronting the terrorist groups in Iraq or elsewhere."

Fighters of the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) are bent on recreating a mediaeval caliphate spanning territory they have carved out in fragmenting Iraq and Syria, where it has exploited a power vacuum in the midst of civil war.

A senior Iranian official told Reuters earlier this week that Tehran, which has strong leverage in Shi'ite-majority Iraq, may be ready to cooperate with Washington in helping Baghdad fight back against the jihadist ISIL rebels. (Full Story)

The official said the idea of cooperating with the Americans was being discussed within the Tehran leadership. For now, according to Iranian media, Iran will send advisers and weaponry, although probably not troops, to boost Baghdad.

NOT SENDING TROOPS

"Iran has never dispatched any forces to Iraq and it is very unlikely it will ever happen," Rouhani told Saturday's news conference.

Western diplomats suspect Iran has in the past sent some of its Revolutionary Guards, a hardline force that works in parallel with the army, to train and advise the Iraqi army or its militia allies.

Interior Minister Abdolreza Rahmani Fazli, quoted by Fars news agency, said: "Supporting the Iraqi government and nation doe not mean sending troops to Iraq. It means condemning terrorist acts and closing and safeguarding our joint borders."

In Washington, U.S. President Barack Obama said he was reviewing military options, short of sending combat troops, to help Iraq repel the insurgency but warned any U.S. action must be accompanied by an Iraqi government effort to bridge divisions between Shi'ite and Sunni communities. (Full Story)

U.S. officials said there were no contacts going on with Iran over the crisis in Iraq.

Rouhani said he was not aware of any American plans for Iraq or whether Washington wanted to help Baghdad.

"If the Iraqi government and nation ask for our help, we will review it. So far there has not been such a request," he added. "We are ready to help in the framework of international regulations and laws."

Rouhani said "terrorist groups" were getting financial and political backing and weaponry from some regional countries and some powerful Western states.

He named no countries, but was alluding in part to Sunni Gulf Arabs who Iran suspects has funnelled support to ISIL.

"Where did ISIL come from? Who is funding this terrorist group? We had warned everyone, including the West, about the danger of backing such a terrorist and reckless group."

Gulf Arab governments deny any role in backing ISIL, noting that the group has long battled Saudi Arabia's allies among other Sunni rebel factions in Syria.

Saudi Arabia last month designated ISIL a terrorist organisation, conveying its concern that young Saudis hardened by battle could come home to target the ruling Al Saud royal family - as happened after earlier wars in Afghanistan and Iraq.

And the plot thickens......

----------------------------------------------

ANKARA (Reuters) -"Iran has never dispatched any forces to Iraq and it is very unlikely it will ever happen," Rouhani told Saturday's news conference.
This is almost a Clinton like answer...please define the term troops? As in no proxies or Qods Force operatives then by all means his answer is correct but what is the definition of is? Politicians are the same the world over...skew words and meanings to what the ture reality and intent is. He is correct in that I doubt you will see Iranian tanks rolling into battle but that doesn't mean there will not be Iranians in battle with other Shia militia elements.

Historically the only time these regions have been conquered and/or had an orderly society has been when they have had a brutal, ruthless dictator. I do not advocate killing just to be killing, however; we stand zero chance of turning the tide against these guys with out examining our ROE. Massive bombing raids, as we did in WWII (we won that that one), along with destroying all wells (water) intercepting all food shipments etc. can defeat this trash. We (America)doesn't have the balls to actually wag a real war. In fact, if we were drawn into a WWII type war today, we'd loose. Drones, will not win a real war. And as we don't seem to ever fight a real govt, how do we know if we've defeated the enemy or not? Would it be when our leader declares victory? Would we take 10,000s of prisoners, just to let them go when we declare victory? Before we start doing something, if anything, we need real Generals, we need to state what will constitute victory, from the outset, throw out almost all the old failed ROE, and bust their asses by the rules they've established. Anything short of this, will be just another round of dead American SMs-for nothing-this is far too high a price to pay so a few politicos can get some TV face time.

Hard to argue with that PP2.

I say we give them 1 month to evacuate. Nuke the place and let whoever wants to occupy have at it;-)

Its crap like this that pisses me off that we lost an opportunity with Russia back in 1991. We had a Marshall Plan for Germany and Japan after a hot war and we basically abandoned Russia at the end of the Cold War. Im not saying we should have "nation built" them but we just walked away after victory sucking up the "Peace Dividend" while getting sucked in the Oval Office.

Russia and the US have many similar aims and despite our failure to recognize it, a common enemy. We are way more alike the people we are trying to make our enemy from the past than the people we are trying to persuade to be our friends in the future. BIG Fn Mistake.

We didn't abandon Russia after the Cold War at all. Far from it. We went in and helped them set up University of Chicago School of Economics-style systems. And now we have oligarchs and Putin.

Sent from 80ms in the future
Much peace
Jimmy

We didn't abandon Russia after the Cold War at all. Far from it. We went in and helped them set up University of Chicago School of Economics-style systems. And now we have oligarchs and Putin.

Sent from 80ms in the future
Much peace
Jimmy

Coming soon to a nation near you........oh wait a minute!

It Hurts me to write this. I feel like a liberal. Tho' I'm 180. I can't comprehend sharia law. These countries live by it. Why? I don't know. Guess a couple of o's and h's dictate.

I hate to side with isis but they are fighting for their beliefs. Imagine if o said we are now under sharia. Your wife or daughter had to stay in a cave?

These countries have been fighting this war for eons. Who are we to make them celebrate Xmas?

Bottom line is we should be thankful we have a choice.

Why do we even care about these places that have been shit holes for eons?

1) Oil

2) Healthy profits for the defense industry establishment

3) Worries about terrorism

1 and 2 are non issue if we appreciate and support the talent we have here in the US. People like Elon Musk, who revolutionizes the energy business (Solar City), transportation (Tesla) and space exploration (SpaceX) without and actually against the old school cronies in Boeing, Lockheed, etc. Despite the growing number of moochers in this country and politicians being in the pockets of lazy CEOs, we are still the best in finding new, better ways to skin a cat - or fuel our civilization.

For 3 I recommend showing two video clips on Al Jazeera. The bombing of Pearl Harbor followed by the mushroom clouds over Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Maybe followed by the words: "If you don't make us bury our friends and family, you won't have to mop up the ashes of your loved ones." In other words, we stay out of this mess like we stayed out of Europe after WW1 until someone is stupid enough to give us no other choice.

LiveLeak.com - Iraqi Special Forces fight ISIS in Anbar province

Iraqi SF fighting ISIS, interesting it shows a "sniper" with a M24 taking some pot shots. Tactics are anything but impressive, glad to see that all of that training we did paid off! At least these guys are fighting and not running.

WARNING GRAPHIC!
LiveLeak.com - Anti-terrorism Iraqi officer killed by ISIS

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=f4f_1398595289

Do a search on Live Leak, and you will find pages of videos of ISIS beheading civilians & soldiers, and even some of them playing with the heads afterwards. That is to make no mention of the mass shootings, crucifixions, and hangings.

How do communicate with those Extremist POS, you don't! Tell them what you want, show them what you want, the only things they understand are violence and complete compliance with Sharia Law, or their own death so they can be with Allah in paradise.

As fanatical as the Japanese were in WWII, they did ultimately come around. IMHO, those lunatics will only rest when they are dead or Western Civilization is no more. Per the good Col back on page 1, they have been doing this for thousands of years, why are they going to stop now?

Hate to say it, but we tried to play isolationist at the start of WW II, and what did it get us, a sneak attack on Pearl Harbor, and ultimately many years of war. Would things have been different if we would have jumped in harder and faster at the onset?

So what is going to happen if we (or someone else) does not take decisive action in the black hole that is Iraq/Syria?

Granted, the extremist are like whack-a-mole, if they get crushed there, they will try to regroup and grow somewhere else (they already are!). But can we really afford to let this go on, without having to really pay for it down the road?

EDIT - and by the way, here is the future!
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=118_1380116591
Why play Cowboys & Indians, when you can play Behead the Infidels!

Last edited:
Why do we even care about these places that have been shit holes for eons?

1) Oil

2) Healthy profits for the defense industry establishment

3) Worries about terrorism

1 and 2 are non issue if we appreciate and support the talent we have here in the US. People like Elon Musk, who revolutionizes the energy business (Solar City), transportation (Tesla) and space exploration (SpaceX) without and actually against the old school cronies in Boeing, Lockheed, etc. Despite the growing number of moochers in this country and politicians being in the pockets of lazy CEOs, we are still the best in finding new, better ways to skin a cat - or fuel our civilization.

For 3 I recommend showing two video clips on Al Jazeera. The bombing of Pearl Harbor followed by the mushroom clouds over Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Maybe followed by the words: "If you don't make us bury our friends and family, you won't have to mop up the ashes of your loved ones." In other words, we stay out of this mess like we stayed out of Europe after WW1 until someone is stupid enough to give us no other choice.

I'm almost at a loss for words. Please correct me if I'm wrong but your post seems to be a contradiction. I don't know elon musk and could care less about your touting "green". We are not in a place to explore the failures of your leader. Drill baby drill!

As for #3, I agree (hence the contradiction perception) Don't think a prius will create a mushroom cloud;-)

Sad part is we shouldn't be messin' with them and their religion or oil since we have plenty. Worse is that o is on their side and even tho' we have no choice there will be no action. Choom ganging it in the oval;-)

Interesting post LRS. I'd feel better if you didn't capitalize sharia.

I'm almost at a loss for words. Please correct me if I'm wrong but your post seems to be a contradiction. I don't know elon musk and could care less about your touting "green". We are not in a place to explore the failures of your leader. Drill baby drill!

As for #3, I agree (hence the contradiction perception) Don't think a prius will create a mushroom cloud;-)

Sad part is we shouldn't be messin' with them and their religion or oil since we have plenty. Worse is that o is on their side and even tho' we have no choice there will be no action. Choom ganging it in the oval;-)

Interesting post LRS. I'd feel better if you didn't capitalize sharia.

We should drill because we need oil for pharmaceuticals, plastics, etc. However, burning oil in cars, furnaces, and power plants is an unnecessary waste if there are smarter ways to heat houses and to get from A to B. Energy policy should be a rational, technical issue and not a political one. BTW, Obummer is NOT my leader.

Please read up on Elon Musk and treat yourself to a test drive of a Tesla S (named twice "best car" - not just best electrical car -in 2013) and do not condemn technologies just because your political opponents also see value in them. BTW, the Tesla is neither the typical lame Detroit clunker the rednecks drool over nor one of the Japanese/Korean eco-toys the Lefties adore. It is what a modern American car should be and could have been years ago if GM did not decide to crush their offering in reverence to the oil establishment.

The only way our way of life can survive the overwhelming demographic odds is by relentless innovation and not by subsidizing industries whose time has passed. People like Musk not only push the technological boundaries but also shake up the lame and shady deals of the old school military-industrial complex. Despite massive interference form the usual suspects, NASA awarded SpaceX several multi-billion contracts to supply the Space Station and to launch satellites. They simply could not ignore the better value proposition. He also created a ton of excellent jobs that have a future in a global, technological economy. He came to the USA from South Africa because he identified the USA as the place where the action (still) is. And he was correct in his assumption.

As consumers we should not tolerate the crap that is being offered from companies who buy politicians to protect their outdated product lines rather than invest in innovation. As constituents we should not fall for the hollow promises to "save jobs" or guarantee a "living wage". There is an abundance of technical, medical, and social challenges remaining in the world that represent a vast potential for innovation and healthy returns.

Now back to the scheduled programming of the never ending mess in the Middle East...

Last edited: