• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Down goes Mosul.

Start looking at Kirkuk, Samarrah and Tikrit to be up for the next news stories. Kirkuk is interesting due to the large Kurdish population and their Peshmerga security forces. Always an opportunity to a fully fledged Arab versus Kurd fight. PM Maliki yesterday said they will give weapons to civilians to go fight - what he means is he will facilitate more weapons for the Shia militias to go fight Sunni's. It is starting to come unhinged in Iraq. In some ways I like the fact that Iraqi ISF is getting their butts kicked as it causes more headaches for the Iranians; but, on the other hand it depresses me about the blood and treasure we spent in that place.

Last edited:
Ive been waiting for this. Its a shame that all you guys fought and died for and all we as taxpayers paid for, was just a waste of time, life and treasure. From the beginning there was little to no chance of success. This was just a matter of time. FUCK.

Just think of this as one continuous fight between the two large faction of Islam - Shia and Sunni, with Shia being directed by Iran and Sunni's by various groups and countries. When Iraq fell, the U.S. opened up the new Shia Crescent running from Iran to Lebanon with Syria in the middle but still needed to run arms and weapons to Hezbollah. What you see now is the Sunni backlash to those events and pushing back against the Shia. The Middle East has always been an area of conflict with Islamic groups as well as Christians and Jews and always will. If the Christians and Jews were to be totally out of the Middle East the Muslims would just fight each other like you see going on today. In the end it is about man's need to dominate other men.

Oh yea, keep looking at Yemen too...it's about to blow again. I love the Middle East - it always keeps me busy!!!

Real nice.
US supplied cash as well.

Iraq city of Tikrit falls to ISIL fighters
Gunmen from the Islamic State of Iraq take city and launch attacks on Kirkuk and Samarra, a day after the fall of Mosul.
The Iraqi city of Tikrit has been seized by fighters from the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant, security sources have said, the second city to fall to the group in two days.

Sources told Al Jazeera on Wednesday that gunmen had set up checkpoints around Tikrit, which lies between the capital Baghdad and Mosul, Iraq's second largest city which was captured by ISIL on Tuesday.

"All of Tikrit is in the hands of the militants," a police colonel told the AFP news agency. A police brigadier general told AFP that fighters attacked from the north, west and south of the city, and that they were from ISIL.

A police major told the agency that the militants had freed about 300 inmates from a prison in the city, which is the capital of Salaheddin province.

Iraqi state television reported that special forces soldiers were fighting to regain control of city.

Meanwhile, sources said the nearby city of Kirkuk, home to Iraq's biggest oil refinery, was also being attacked by ISIL. Fighters had guaranteed the safety of Iraqi soldiers if they gave up their weapons.

In Samarra, south of Tikrit, witnesses told AFP that fighters had arrived in trucks mounted with machineguns, while a policeman said his unit was involved in fighting at the northwest entrance the city.

The fighting comes after half a million people are reported to have fled Mosul since the city was taken over by ISIL on Tuesday.

The Geneva-based International Organisation for Migration said the Mosul takeover had "displaced over 500,000 people in and around the city", a quarter of the city's population.

The Turkish government also said that ISIL had stormed its consulate in Mosul, taking staff and the consul captive.

Al Jazeera's Imran Khan, reporting from Baghdad on Wednesday, said aid agencies were under pressure to deliver humanitarian aid as nobody had expected Mosul to fall quite so dramatically.

Earlier in the day, ISIL advanced into the oil-refinery town of Baiji before Iraq's Fourth Armoured Divison forced the group to retreat.

The group had threatened local police and soldiers not to challenge them and warned the town's most prominent tribal leaders to lay down their weapons.

"We are coming to die or control Baiji, so we advise you to ask your sons in the police and army to lay down their weapons."

And in Sadr City, northern Baghdad, a suicide bomber detonated explosives inside a tent where local Shia leaders were meeting, killing at least 15 people and wounding at least 34 others.
Iraq city of Tikrit falls to ISIL fighters - Middle East - Al Jazeera English

$430 million isn't that much money to these people. Its no different than kidnapping 86 Europeans.
"Senior Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) officials estimate that more than $60m has been paid in terrorist ransoms in the last five years. They say terrorist kidnappings are on the rise in Syria, Yemen, Nigeria and NW Africa.

They believe the number of groups doing it is up and so is the going rate - from $4m per hostage in the Sahara in 2010, to well over $5m today.

They point to recent events in Mali as the clearest illustration yet.

This year's fighting there followed last year's near-takeover of the whole country by al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb (AQIM) - an al-Qaeda franchise grown rich on ransoms paid for Spanish, Swiss and Italian hostages.

When French forces entered caves abandoned by jihadist fighters in the north of Mali, they found a letter from the regional al-Qaeda commander Abdulmalik Droukdal to his counterpart in Yemen, in which he declared that "most of the battle costs were met by spoil from the hostages".
Pointing the finger

European governments never admit to paying ransoms - they are usually arranged through intermediaries - so I asked Aimen Deen: where was the proof?

"I sat with a pilot of a small Cessna [aircraft] who said that the Spanish government handed him over 12m euros in cash in black bags" says Deen.

"He was ordered to go to a specific oasis over Mali with the co-ordinates and drop the bags over the oasis. So that's confirmed to me by a Dutch diplomat who confirmed his colleagues told him exactly the same thing."
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-25359636

Last edited:
Start looking at Kirkuk, Samarrah and Tikrit to be up for the next news stories. Kirkuk is interesting due to the large Kurdish population and their Peshmerga security forces. Always an opportunity to a fully fledged Arab versus Kurd fight. PM Maliki yesterday said they will give weapons to civilians to go fight - what he means is he will facilitate more weapons for the Shia militias to go fight Sunni's. It is starting to come unhinged in Iraq. In some ways I like the fact that Iraqi ISF is getting their butts kicked as it causes more headaches for the Iranians; but, on the other hand it depresses me about the blood and treasure we spent in that place.

Having gone on some ops with the Kurds, and having a Kurd translator in Sadr...I pitty the fool that starts a gunfight with them.
Im a little burdened by this whole ordeal, because as you mentioned in not so many words...the deaths of several brothers seems to go down in value as time goes on. (Not to me, but from a world standpoint)
There are several US citizens who's first names are Colonel and General that should be executed for facilitating the deaths of our soldiers directly. For instance, when we were taking back Sadr city in 2007, General P. was having our 18 man team pay a certain terrorist $50k a month, for no good reason, and supply him with weapons. 6 guys from my unit were killed directly by some of the precision rifles we provided this guy. We passed this info up the chain and were told to shut up and fuck off more or less.

Sounds like Mosul needs some Freedom!

BOOM_zpsaf5dada0.jpg

Having gone on some ops with the Kurds, and having a Kurd translator in Sadr...I pitty the fool that starts a gunfight with them.
Im a little burdened by this whole ordeal, because as you mentioned in not so many words...the deaths of several brothers seems to go down in value as time goes on. (Not to me, but from a world standpoint)
There are several US citizens who's first names are Colonel and General that should be executed for facilitating the deaths of our soldiers directly. For instance, when we were taking back Sadr city in 2007, General P. was having our 18 man team pay a certain terrorist $50k a month, for no good reason, and supply him with weapons. 6 guys from my unit were killed directly by some of the precision rifles we provided this guy. We passed this info up the chain and were told to shut up and fuck off more or less.
I know how it sucks to come to the realization that we are purley pawns being moved on the chessboard. I have been on the receiveing end of that too many times to count.

this is getitng even better: ANKARA (Reuters) - Turkey has called for an emergency meeting of NATO to discuss the security situation in Iraq after militants took 80 Turkish citizens hostage during a lightning advance, a Turkish foreign ministry official said.
Sunni insurgents from the Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) overran the city of Tikrit on Wednesday and closed in on Iraq's biggest oil refinery, making further gains against the Shi'ite-led government.

Wait until the Turks get involved too.

Fear not a trade is in the works. We are going to trade Lexington, Concord, Gettysburg, the Arizona Memorial and the cemeteries in Normandy to get Mosul back.

Despite writing it, I fail to see the humor.

They also seized considerable amounts of US-supplied military hardware.
Real nice.

We don't have to worry about this, because they have this thing called ITAR to prevent such things from happening. That piece of paper keeps everybody safe, and all the friends and allies on the same side. The world is a better place for it, so just relax. All you have to do, is show them that piece of paper.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkGQmCZjJ0k

It is an old video, but Col West gets it, and laid it out.

It is only a matter of time, and they will go down like dominoes. Then we will be faced with a decision of going back and loosing thousands of more US lives, or sitting inside our borders (unsecured as they are), and waiting for the next major attack against the US from staging areas there.

This isn't going away, and it will only get worse globally, unfortunately the sheeple will never get it!

Tikrit is overrun, they are already sweeping towards Baghdad. Iraq is going down fast. al-Assad will be very nervous as well.

Last edited:
Yep. I bet Syria will be soon.
You may be right, however; Syria's president is allied with Russia, to a certain extent. I fear the Russian military/political arm intervenes in Syria, "putting down terrorists". Our liberals will say "well better them than us", the Russian will use Real force, and become the dominate player in the Middle East. I hope I'm wrong, but Putin is no fool, he sees the opportunity.

You may be right, however; Syria's president is allied with Russia, to a certain extent. I fear the Russian military/political arm intervenes in Syria, "putting down terrorists". Our liberals will say "well better them than us", the Russian will use Real force, and become the dominate player in the Middle East. I hope I'm wrong, but Putin is no fool, he sees the opportunity.

I hope your wrong too, Paw, but you may be right. Oil. this could get fucked up quickly.

I wonder if Russia could really get involved in a big operation in the Middle East and keep their pressure on the EU at the same time?

Go back to Col West's history lesson, some people seem to forget that we were not the first to fight in A-Stan!

Russians tried to drop the hammer there, but they ultimately packed up and headed home defeated.

Granted we were helping in that fight, but that also just goes to show how twisted and jacked up that it all really is.

Not sure if ISIS is going to have a legit business front, not sure if they will care to be in the oil for export business? If they are going to do business, then it will be interesting to see who they align themselves with?

Bottom line, Muslim Extremist are going after everyone everywhere. If you check the last 10 years, there are few countries where they have not carried out some form of an attack.

IMHO, WW III actually kicked off years ago, we just don't realize who all of the players are and what is really going on. Times are going to get interesting real soon!

Its crap like this that pisses me off that we lost an opportunity with Russia back in 1991. We had a Marshall Plan for Germany and Japan after a hot war and we basically abandoned Russia at the end of the Cold War. Im not saying we should have "nation built" them but we just walked away after victory sucking up the "Peace Dividend" while getting sucked in the Oval Office.

Russia and the US have many similar aims and despite our failure to recognize it, a common enemy. We are way more alike the people we are trying to make our enemy from the past than the people we are trying to persuade to be our friends in the future. BIG Fn Mistake.

Considering we have spent the last 12 years doing our best to destabilize the middle east and remove anyone who knew how to keep the crazies in line & replace them with weak ultra corrupt yes men.... It would almost seem the whole place going up in flames was the plan from the get go.

Of course the stupid oil rich states who are our "allies" (strangely enough most of the terrorists seem to come from our "allies"... but enough of that) are a bit too happy that we took out their opponents... they of course are a bit too stupid and greedy to look around and see they are also a small rich corrupt oppressive minority riding on the backs of masses who hate them... when it blows the whole place will go up...

The good news however is it looks like we could be self sufficient in oil pretty much right away assuming the next person in charge decides not to screw everything up... so well the whole middle east can go up in flames and we can just sit back and watch & enjoy the show... You know the Russians will love it because then who will Europe have to get all their oil from?...

Israel may have to nuke a firebreak around them to keep the crazies out... but sand.. glass... all the same.

Guess holder is right. Americans have no spine anymore. If I were there, the Cs &Gs would be wearing their penis' and scrotums as ear ornaments ;-) It makes me sad to know that I have been lying to myself saying that the military would never betray our country. After reading your post Delta, I am sure that we are a doomed nation. How can you ever smile again knowing this?

I hope your wrong too, Paw, but you may be right. Oil. this could get fucked up quickly.

If Putin is willing to freeze out the rest of Europe and force them to cook over wood (the whole natural gas monopoly) to bend them to his will, just imagine what he'd do to the circulation of Middle Eastern petroleum products. It's getting down to when, not if.

If Putin is willing to freeze out the rest of Europe and force them to cook over wood (the whole natural gas monopoly) to bend them to his will, just imagine what he'd do to the circulation of Middle Eastern petroleum products. It's getting down to when, not if.

If I didn't know better I'd say you were talking about o and coal. Glad I don't live in yankeeland ;-)

That's going to be one heck of a NEO at the U.S. Embassy in Baghdad...the Mother of all NEO's - I think there are 5,000 in the Embassy or something close to that.

That's going to be one heck of a NEO at the U.S. Embassy in Baghdad...the Mother of all NEO's - I think there are 5,000 in the Embassy or something close to that.
No kidding... I can't tell you how pissed I was my girlfriend got cut from there in April, and how glad I am of it now.

5000? Fewer than 20 MD11 trips. If only we still had our jobs.

See how much 'cheaper' it was to leave all of that military equipment and vehicles behind. It all comes down to the beans.... so blame the accountants.

There are several US citizens who's first names are Colonel and General that should be executed for facilitating the deaths of our soldiers directly.
If I were in charge of the inquiry leading to those hypothetical executions I do not think they would stop at colonel or general.

"It would almost seem the whole place going up in flames was the plan from the get go."

Read Oded Yinon's " A Plan for the Security of Israel". An Arab world that is fragmented and in constant turmoil is part of the plan.

Last edited:
"It would almost seem the whole place going up in flames was the plan from the get go."

Read Oded Yinon's " A Plan for the Security of Israel". An Arab world that is fragmented and in constant turmoil is part of the plan.

The imposition of democracy on a citizenry that had no experience of it would take three generations minimum, more likely five.

Circa 1961, when I was about twelve I traveled in Egypt with my dad, shortly after Nasser took over from the Monarchy. I have several vivid memories of that. One was standing atop the Great Pyramid of Giza. Another was going to the market in Cairo and seeing how filthy it was, and how brutal it seemed. I remember seeing 5-6 old men beating a youngster with canes right on the street. I remarked to dad about it and he said about what I said above. You dont change a whole culture over night or even in a generation.

The idiots, to be left unnamed due to the no politics rule, who got us into this failed to take this one fact into account. To effect a real and lasting change would have taken a fifty year commitment, minimum.

The imposition of democracy on a citizenry that had no experience of it would take three generations minimum, more likely five.

Circa 1961, when I was about twelve I traveled in Egypt with my dad, shortly after Nasser took over from the Monarchy. I have several vivid memories of that. One was standing atop the Great Pyramid of Giza. Another was going to the market in Cairo and seeing how filthy it was, and how brutal it seemed. I remember seeing 5-6 old men beating a youngster with canes right on the street. I remarked to dad about it and he said about what I said above. You dont change a whole culture over night or even in a generation.

The idiots, to be left unnamed due to the no politics rule, who got us into this failed to take this one fact into account. To effect a real and lasting change would have taken a fifty year commitment, minimum.

theres some truth to that. ive always held more to the belief that what it really takes is a populace that wants it. the real problem with making these people "free" is that they never really wanted freedom. they wanted the illusion of it at best but most likely not at all. This is common throughout the history of mankind. And now, when there what 10 million of the motherfuckers, they roll over and hand back over thier shitty little lives to dudes in pickup trucks wearing black bed sheets...

Wow, thats f*(k3d! Do you mind saying what rifles they were? Remington 700-based Im guessing?

What was the reason the terrorist was being paid/armed? They thought he was an ally or something?

Ive been waiting for this. Its a shame that all you guys fought and died for and all we as taxpayers paid for, was just a waste of time, life and treasure. From the beginning there was little to no chance of success. This was just a matter of time. FUCK.
-
Hey look on the bright side . It was a Winning success, if you were winning contract in the war profiteering industries .

Wow, thats f*(k3d! Do you mind saying what rifles they were? Remington 700-based Im guessing?

What was the reason the terrorist was being paid/armed? They thought he was an ally or something?

No it was scoped mosin nagants and Dragonovish rifles, along with glock 19's and some pristine AKM's, grenades, commo, and other gear.
They were supposed to be helping fight other terrorists, but that was a stupid thought from the beginning. There is so much more, but I don't want to get accidentally shot on the way to my daughters T-ball game. I started writing a book and stopped about 30 pages in.

It must be tough living in a time of shattered illusions but better shattered with hope of renewed clear vision than being stuck with your head up your ass until your time on this planet is over.

I would sympathize more but i'm thinking it's time for those whom had it too good for too long to feel how it is when you relax and forget your heritage and roots.

No it was scoped mosin nagants and Dragonovish rifles, along with glock 19's and some pristine AKM's, grenades, commo, and other gear.
They were supposed to be helping fight other terrorists, but that was a stupid thought from the beginning. There is so much more, but I don't want to get accidentally shot on the way to my daughters T-ball game. I started writing a book and stopped about 30 pages in.

So, you guys are ordered to supply these mother fuckers with these weapons. All the sudden, your fellow soldiers start getting hit with 7,62 x 54.

I can't even express how fucked up that shit is.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Certain party from Arizona advocating for troops again. Wants to see General P as well as Mattis back in theatre. Why doesnt this guy get in his deuce gear and go. He is delusional. Why would Mattis leave easy retirement or P his GF to deal with gun dropping Iraqis?

Libya, Syria, the Ukraine, Iraq again - cranky old prick can eat shit. I respect what he once did but that was then this is now.

Last edited:
Its crap like this that pisses me off that we lost an opportunity with Russia back in 1991. We had a Marshall Plan for Germany and Japan after a hot war and we basically abandoned Russia at the end of the Cold War. Im not saying we should have "nation built" them but we just walked away after victory sucking up the "Peace Dividend" while getting sucked in the Oval Office.

Russia and the US have many similar aims and despite our failure to recognize it, a common enemy. We are way more alike the people we are trying to make our enemy from the past than the people we are trying to persuade to be our friends in the future. BIG Fn Mistake.

Agree with you for sure and it's a question I've put to some Russian friends and they feel the same. We both have enough natural resources to take care of ourselves but keep playing politics while we and markets are manipulated for others gain.

I was never .mil, and I don't pry out stories from those who have deployed...but I happily listen to what they have to say. I find it curious and alarming that this is not the first or even the second time I've heard something like this.