• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

DPMS 308 AR10 Recon 16 inch

Rhinomax

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 28, 2010
Georgia
Anyone have one of these? What kind of groups are you getting. My buddy thinks he is going to buy one and asked me about it and if I have seen any range reports. Not alot out there on it as it is a newer gun. I am going to send him this post. Any help you can give him????

http://i1271.photobucket.com/albums/jj625/Rhinomax79/DPMSRecon.jpg

http://www.dpmsinc.com/308-RECON_ep_93-1.html

He want to put a 6x24x50 Viper PST on it and use it out to 600yards or so. Targets and hunting......

Thx for the help

Re: DPMS 308 AR10 Recon 16 inch

they are crazy hard to get right now... hell, i had an easier time getting my LMT MWS 20" CL in comparison to the DPMS recon .308. Nice rifle for the price point,,,,, that's if you can get one.... damn, you would think dpms would be pumping out more of these... i think they are dropping the ball here and a lot of business is going out the door for not staying on top of things.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rhinomax</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Come on now..... NO ONE??? </div></div>

Get the ORC and work it up to the Recon??

Here is mine before and after

before mods
2012-06-08184459.jpg

after mods
2012-06-23220942.jpg

after paint
2012-06-25171114.jpg

iffy, lol I ain't gonna lie I wish it had a SS barrel. This one has the Bushmaster chrome lined barrel 16". I am actually gonna free float it with a Troy TRX 13.8 rail and see if that helps.

It will shoot from 0.891"- 2.+" these were the first 60 rounds with the last 20 round making up these groups, which came from 168FGMM ammo. I have since changed the trigger to a Gieselle SDE which I think will also make a difference. It is also over gassed. I added a Tubbs flat wire spring and a Tubbs CWS. If I had thought it through I would have gotten and flat wire spring and an adjustable gas block and been done. I figure after free floating it'll be consistantly around 1" moa after break in.

If you could find a recon I'd go for it. DPMS's stainless barrels are usually crazy good shooters. It would be perfect out to 600yrds

I am curious to see what free floating will do for it. If its under 1.5 moa consistently I'll be happy. If not I think I'll be looking for DPMS's MK12 308 barrel.

I am curious to see what free floating will do for it. If its under 1.5 moa consistently I'll be happy. If not I think I'll be looking for DPMS's MK12 308 barrel.

My local gun shop in northern wisconsin finally got a .308 recon in and was able to pick it up and play around with it today. It is actually a rather light .308 AR rifle. In comparison to my LMT MWS I would say it is a solid 1lbs less. Prob starting around the 9lbs range before optics and bipod. There is a lot of rifle and options you get for the $1349 the gun shop was asking for it. I would have no beef getting this rifle especially if you just started out with the AR-10 platform.