• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

DPMS 308 REPR

Re: DPMS 308 REPR

It is lighter than the SASS and it has a Kreiger barrel. Unfortunately, they used the same ugly ass Yankee rail, and just milled it out to reduce weight. The Kreiger barrel is probably the reason for the price spike.

It does have a 20 MOA cant in the upper which is nice. It includes an ambi safety and mag release. They had it last year at Shot, and it is still just a proto. I don't know if it will ever hit the market. They did release the MK12 308 which has promise though...

Hey everybody,
I am new to the forum. I however did spend a good portion of "work" today trying to answer this same question. According to what I saw on the spec sheets some of the differences from the REPR to the SASS are:

REPR
-AAC Flash Hider/Suppressor Adaptor
-Remonite Coated
-No BackUp Sights
-9.5 lbs. Empty
-Coyote Brown Teflon Coating
-Removable Trigger Guard
-Two Stage Match Trigger
-Hogue Rubber Grip

SASS
-Panther Flash Hider
-Mangonel Front & Rear Flip-Up Sights
-11.5 lbs. Empty
-Black Teflon Coating
-Integral Trigger Guard
-JP Adjustable Trigger (4.5-5 lbs.)
-Panther Tactical Pistol Grip
-9 Wide Rail Covers

Hope this helps. I have been researching for days the next .308 rifle I will be purchasing. I am debating between one of these DPMS rifles, DS Arms FAL, Springfield M1A with Troy MCS, and anything else in between.

The REPR upper receiver is also a different alloy. It is "extruded, hard coat anodized 7129-T6 aluminum". It also has a removable trigger guard. It least that's what it says in the description page before the spec page of their website(conflicting data).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYshooter338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LWRC wont be to happy when they see what DPMS named their rifle.... </div></div>Same thing I'm thinking.

Thirds on that. I clicked on this thread thinking it was about the LWRC rifle...

Why would they go do that?

I have read in other forums that REPR is the military designation for this type of rifle. The LWRC used to be named the SABR until recent. Considering the DPMS was designed for the military for their SASS solicitation (came in 2nd to the KAC M110) it is possible that the DPMS REPR was designated thus before the LWRC.

Search rapid engagement precision rifle on google. Apparently the marines are looking for a mk 11 and m24 replacement under that designation.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: A Good Old Man</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Search rapid engagement precision rifle on google. Apparently the marines are looking for a mk 11 and m24 replacement under that designation. </div></div>

I somehow seriously doubt they will stray away from Knights Armament in that semi auto department....

They should test the LWRC REPR. I love mine, its running like a well oiled machine right now. I have the 16" version and I ring still at 600 with it all day along.

Look up three posts
confused.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HiTechTactical</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> They had it last year at Shot, and it is still just a proto. I don't know if it will ever hit the market. They did release the MK12 308 which has promise though... </div></div>

I just received the new DPMS catalogue a few weeks ago and the REPR is in it.

LWRC said that they had a trademark claim (or something simlar) with the SABR name. Don't know how true this is, but one of their guys at SHOT Show told me this.

Hence the change to REPR.

I wopuld think the LWRC is the way to go.

How does the new MK12 hold up against other ~1500.00 308 gas guns?

Having purchased a REPR earlier this year (January 2011) and having spoken to DPMS about the rifle several times during the purchasing process, I can attest to the fact that the rifle DOES NOT have a Kreiger barrel.

did they tell you who they ended up going with for the bbl?

i also spoke with dpms yesterday to see what the difference was beteween it and my sass. the barrell is not kreiger it is dpms all the way. it is a lighter 308 weapon system with different coatings for durability and maintence, it is lighter, it has a different design in rails and guards, and the barrell is different with a special treatment to extend the life and take a lot of rounds before it needs replacment.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: spts05</div><div class="ubbcode-body">the barrell is different with a special treatment to extend the life and take a lot of rounds before it needs replacment.</div></div>

Chrome lined? I'd be interested in what that "treatment" is..

The bore is coated in a mixture of chrome and Countersniper unobtanium.

Seriously though, I need to know about this...I may just trade in my SASS. I like the AAC mount, trigger, and lighter weight of this one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: twadsw01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Having purchased a REPR earlier this year (January 2011) and having spoken to DPMS about the rifle several times during the purchasing process, I can attest to the fact that the rifle DOES NOT have a Kreiger barrel.</div></div>
Just curious, which trigger did yours come with ?

I can't remember the exact model, but it was JP trigger that came with mine. They even included the JP factory manual with the rifle.