• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

DPMS Oracle, opinions

kill_goose

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 8, 2010
MT
So after hearing the douchebag in the last debate admit he wants to reinstate some sort of "assault weapon" ban, ive been tossing around getting an AR.

Never been a fan of them, dont really "want" one, dont "need" one, but, dont like the idea of not being able to get one if I choose.

Looking for something light, short, and cheap. The only use id get out of it would be a "truck gun" for coyotes of opportunity off the road, as my bolt guns are just to damn long and un-maneuverable with cans on them to get out quick with.

Id really like to not spend over a grand on the whole rig (rifle, mounts, glass), and the Oracle looks like about the only choice to do this with.

Looking at a DPMS Oracle for this. Wondering what the scuttlebutt on them is.

Thanks

Re: DPMS Oracle, opinions

Handled two of them. They're not bad, by any means. For that price, the S&W M&P15 Sports are nicer, though. Overall fit and finish is better, and you get a melonited barrel, front sight base, and MBUS rear. Throw a Bushnell TRS-25 on there, and you've got a great system.

I was thinking about one as well, but going the next step and getting the MOE Warrior, somewhat better looking ( less minor crap to buy later ) and just throw a low cost red dot or acog on it later if I want.

Even tossed around the idea of there Tac 2 Model, Im not a fan of the sight but I guess it doesnt matter really if it shoots, I spose you could take it off and throw a flip up on top of the rail

I know you said you didnt wanna spend over a grand, but wanted to share what Ive been thinking.

edit: http://www.dpmsinc.com/MOE-WARRIOR_ep_91-1.html

Im sure someone has them cheaper then the MSRP I checked buds and didnt find anything

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mav68erick</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was thinking about one as well, but going the next step and getting the MOE Warrior, somewhat better looking ( less minor crap to buy later ) and just throw a low cost red dot or acog on it later if I want.

Even tossed around the idea of there Tac 2 Model, Im not a fan of the sight but I guess it doesnt matter really if it shoots, I spose you could take it off and throw a flip up on top of the rail

I know you said you didnt wanna spend over a grand, but wanted to share what Ive been thinking.

edit: http://www.dpmsinc.com/MOE-WARRIOR_ep_91-1.html

Im sure someone has them cheaper then the MSRP I checked buds and didnt find anything
</div></div>

I looked at the MOE too. Quite a bit more just for magpul plastic and an AAC can adapter.

I found a place selling the Oracle for $629. So I jumped on one.

Buying a gun you don't want as some sort of political statement seems kind of dumb. This sort of nonsense and hysteria is the reason firearms and ammo prices have skyrocketed over the last 4 years.

Obama couldn't get an AWB passed if he was president the next 8 years. Gun control has become a third rail in American politics and congress would never pass it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Snyper762</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Walmart down here sells oracles for 599 every day. </div></div>

I wish our walmarts still sold guns.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Randoman5</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Buying a gun you don't want as some sort of political statement seems kind of dumb. This sort of nonsense and hysteria is the reason firearms and ammo prices have skyrocketed over the last 4 years.

Obama couldn't get an AWB passed if he was president the next 8 years. Gun control has become a third rail in American politics and congress would never pass it. </div></div>

Thanks for the input, im oh so much better off now after hearing your opinion which was so pertinent to the question asked!

Thanks again!

You'll do just fine with a budget one to earn up to the platform. When I got out of the airforce the first time I swore I'd never buy the ar platform. But I realized its good qualities and use the about of out of mine now. Enjoy your nee riddle and stock up on good mags!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Snyper762</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You'll do just fine with a budget one to earn up to the platform. When I got out of the airforce the first time I swore I'd never buy the ar platform. But I realized its good qualities and use the about of out of mine now. Enjoy your nee riddle and stock up on good mags! </div></div>

I hear ya. After 12 years in the military I definitely never thought id even be thinking of getting one!

But, a long bolt gun with a can on it isnt really conducive to bailing out of the truck quickly on a road dog either!