• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

DPMS SASS with JP trigger

mike.h.

Private
Minuteman
Jun 13, 2013
petaluma, california
Pick up a DPMS SASS, 18" bull barrel, magpul stock, JP trigger, etc. Took it to the range, shoots well but the trigger sucks. Brought it home threw the gage on it and it breaks at 5 pounds. Ordered the 3.5 pound JP trigger spring kit from midway. After I broke it down, I polished the contact surfaces, and adjusted the set screws according to the instructions and on line video. Instruction recommend the red hammer spring for the .308, so I left it and replace the yellow trigger spring with the new yellow trigger spring that came in the kit. It now breaks at 4.5 pounds. :-( Any suggestions, short of replacing the trigger unit?

CMC trigger. if you want two stage they make several options.

My single stage 3.5 pound trigger measures at 3.12oz on the bottom, 3.5 in the center and about 3.10oz at the top. cant beat an honest company there.

When you get a SSA-E trigger and pull the trigger for the first time you will say DUH and hit yourself in the forehead for not getting it in the first place.

I just cant support a trigger that is not drop safe if you use the wrong lube on it. My guns get banged around and used too hard.

I have JP triggers on a couple of my ARs, but I put a cmc on my 308 lower. It is a two stage with a straight bow. I wasn't sure I'd like a two stage straight, but it only took about three rounds to figure out that it was great. It has about 2 lbs of creep, and it locks up hard, then a very crisp 1.5 lbs to break. I really, really like this trigger. Also being a drop in, you just punch pins out, slide the unit in put the pins in, and go shoot.

The only portion of JP part that goes into that platform is the trigger itself. Which is too bad as nothing is fitted, but they are not going to spend extra time getting those fitted. Having it reinstalled as suggested by their manual should improve it. I had a customer with that same issue coming into my shop and found this out. Reinstalled the whole thing with speed hammer and spring kits and it was closer to my JP rifles.