• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Drank the Geissle Kool-Aid Finally

I am not a basher but I had a Gissele SSA-E on my rifle and didn't care for it. Longer take up and reset. It was on a 3 gun AR so I was thinking of trying one of their 3 gun triggers until I felt one as well. Didn't like it either. Felt like there was drag in the take up. Didn't feel smooth. Ended up selling the SSA-E and got a AR Gold. Like it a lot better. Another trigger I want to try is the Hiperfire. Played with one and it was really nice.

Don't be jumping on me because I didn't like Geissele triggers. Just weren't for me. If you like them then great and run with it. They have a great reputation.

SSA is like mid/low tier as far as Geissele triggers go. Run behind a Highpower or DMR and its heaven. Their Full auto trigger is also fantastic for duty weapons.

SSA is like mid/low tier as far as Geissele triggers go. Run behind a Highpower or DMR and its heaven. Their Full auto trigger is also fantastic for duty weapons.

Didn't know they had different tiers. Figured the SSA-E would be a good representative of their product. Like I said I also tried the Super 3 Gun trigger and didn't care for it. I will try the DMR and HP if I find someone with them in their rifles and give them a fair shake. As I mentioned it was for a 3 gun AR so not sure if they would fit the bill. For a precision rifle I would give them a try.

Didn't know they had different tiers. Figured the SSA-E would be a good representative of their product. Like I said I also tried the Super 3 Gun trigger and didn't care for it. I will try the DMR and HP if I find someone with them in their rifles and give them a fair shake. As I mentioned it was for a 3 gun AR so not sure if they would fit the bill. For a precision rifle I would give them a try.

Yea, the Hi Speed National Match is the trigger that lauched GA into what they are today. They make a DMR variant, a Service rifle (4.5lb limit), and a Match variant:
Hi-Speed National Match - Designated Marksman Rifle (DMR) Trigger
Hi-Speed National Match - Service Rifle Trigger
Hi-Speed National Match - Match Rifle Trigger

The ssa is the semi-auto version of the ssf, which is the full auto trigger that replaced the KAC two stage in the SPR project. I would hardly call the ssa lower tier. It is non-adjustable, unlike the NM triggers, which makes it more suitable for a duty rifle.

Last edited:
Shoot4Fun, listen brotha man, here's the dealie. Your initial comment strongly insinuated that people running geissele equipped rigs were merely riding a wave of popular (and un-proven) hysteria. That sentiment was later reinforced by your subsequent posts. You also implied that many contribute to this false perception by agreeing with the overall acknowledgement of high quality and reliability without knowing these things through real experience. That is most often not the case my friend. I assure you, there are a lot of us who try them all to ensure the best fit to our specific application before we bitch about the things we don't have....

....people who run Geissele triggers know what it's like to run the best. I've literally run them all (check that, I haven't run any of the Jard triggers). I constantly seek opportunity for baby formula coupons in order to swap my JP, Timney's, Wilson's, out for Geissele's. I promise you it's not because they are inferior triggers. If you like single stage triggers you'd likely want to fuck the shit out of a SD-3G or the S3G. I did. Four times actually.

Btw... Anyone who wants the triggers below.... They're for sale;
Timney 3lb single stage flat bow
Timney 3lb single stage Skeletonized
Wilson Combat 3G
JP 3lb Single Stage w/speed hammer

:)

Well I've run Geissele triggers and my experience with them is mostly the polar opposite of your opinion. Maybe it's because I really like single stage triggers, but I don't like Geissele triggers at all for the most part. For instance, I would rank the JP you listed well above any of the Geissele triggers I've tried and that most certainly includes the S3G which I felt like was a comparative POS. For me, my top triggers would rank as follows: 1. AR Gold 2. Wilson TTU Single Stage 3. JP 4. CMC 5. Geissle Hi-Speed. Any of the other Geissele triggers rank too low for me to even mention. They're better than mil-spec but not worth their price. The price bothers me even more when I realize that Geissele acknowledges that he uses cast parts because they are lower cost (note I did not say low quality). So instead of offering a better price point he overprices his triggers which became even worse when he increased his prices.

I do admire that you seem to at least have experience with other triggers which it seems many others do not. It seems to me that others deem Geissele the best without even having tried any others. Given that I do wonder if you're JP was a home installation or installed by JP or another reputable gunsmith.

If you had a single stage Wilson TTU, I'd probably be interested for the right price.

Sorry, but I just have to be the bad guy here. After trying three different units of the same trigger I finally went to a RRA two stage. That cured the doubling issue I kept having. Like I said though, it was a unit that has since been discontinued so maybe I was onto something.
Oh, by the way, I do not and never have worked for a competing brand so my opinion is just my honest opinion based on my experiences alone. I am certainly glad your results are otherwise.

Doubling is caused by a loose grip and not following through, that's to say, not continuing to aim with trigger depressed until recoil has subsided. When any two stage or single stage match trigger is set for a very low pull weight, the shooter must keep the trigger depressed until recoil subsides or doubling will be likely. The RRA trigger does not have as fast a locktime as the GA trigger. The fast locktime is the hallmark of the GA design.

The 2 stage design allows the trigger to hold 4.5 lbs., as required for EIC competitions, yet be pulled with very little pressure. This is why you typically do not see single stage triggers used in such events as setting one of those to 4.5 lbs. would negate its usefulness.

At any rate, the GA trigger was recommended to me by one of the USAMU Service Rifle Section Gunsmiths. He said the fast locktime would help me improve my standing position scores. It did. My average went from 92 to 95 percent. I am a big fan. I have had experience too with RRA, Jewell, and KAC two stage triggers. No problems with any of those. However, if the RRA trigger is set a little shy of 4.5 lbs. on match day, it could make a shooter very anxious while attempting to make the trigger compliant since it is not easily adjusted. The KAC trigger must have Loctite applied to retain its settings and it is difficult to discern whether the desired setting will still be as desired upon Loctite adhesion.

Last edited:
Well I've run Geissele triggers and my experience with them is mostly the polar opposite of your opinion. Maybe it's because I really like single stage triggers, but I don't like Geissele triggers at all for the most part. For instance, I would rank the JP you listed well above any of the Geissele triggers I've tried and that most certainly includes the S3G which I felt like was a comparative POS. For me, my top triggers would rank as follows: 1. AR Gold 2. Wilson TTU Single Stage 3. JP 4. CMC 5. Geissle Hi-Speed. Any of the other Geissele triggers rank too low for me to even mention. They're better than mil-spec but not worth their price. The price bothers me even more when I realize that Geissele acknowledges that he uses cast parts because they are lower cost (note I did not say low quality). So instead of offering a better price point he overprices his triggers which became even worse when he increased his prices.

I do admire that you seem to at least have experience with other triggers which it seems many others do not. It seems to me that others deem Geissele the best without even having tried any others. Given that I do wonder if you're JP was a home installation or installed by JP or another reputable gunsmith.

If you had a single stage Wilson TTU, I'd probably be interested for the right price.

I think results are a good way to rank, from the application requirement. Your appraisal is based it appears on performance within a very limited application. The single stage triggers you mentioned if set at a weight being beneficial to trigger control would not be appropriate for Service Rifle, whether for duty or Service Rifle competition, for a multitude of reasons. The price of the GA trigger is what it is. The market will decide its value. An expensive trigger is one that does not work as required/desired and must be replaced. I have now used my GA trigger with success for about 7 years. It has proven to be the least expensive of all.

Last edited:
Not to add very much but I tried 2-3 other brands before I bought my first Geissele.

I bought an SSA-E for my LWRC. It made a HUGE difference. It was crisp and consistent unlike the other brands. Don't like to bash so I will leave them unnamed.

Just received my 2nd Geissele to use on my MR762. Been waiting for a while due to the price but I know I won't be disappointed.

I think another point in Geissele's favor that is super important is the CS side. They are aces!

BR,