• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Dress / gun belt.

Need a nice black leather dress/gun belt.

I know highnoon holsters does some.

Vedder makes some good stuff, I have a handful of holsters from them - no belts, but I have no reason to believe they'd make a bad product.

I wore an Aker leather belt almost daily for several years and liked it.

I’ve used the same Crossbreed Holsters’ black leather belt daily for the last 8 years. Has held up well, carrying a light bearing full size duty pistol any moment I’m off-duty for 6 months a year (switching to a CM9 and spare mag during the warm season for easier concealability). Two of those 8 years also included a casual dress plainclothes work detail for which I wore that belt/light-bearing full-size pistol/2 spare mags/handcuffs during my on-duty hours. Still stiff enough to keep the gun from leaning away and keeps it tight to the body, but quickly broke in to conform to my hips. The holes are getting pretty stretched at this point, but that happens with leather eventually. Will never buy a gunbelt from another company.

+1 for the belt man. Very nice, very sturdy, custom fit for you, I will buy again

Hanks gun belts. I've been wearing mine for 3 or 4 years now daily and packing whenever I can. I got the Kydex insert one, but you could skip the insert if you're not carrying heavy stuff. It's overkill for my LC9S and extra mag I usually carry for sure.

In addition to a Beltman horsehide I also have a Tucker Gunleather belt....

The Tucker is a serious strap of leather, Its beefy. Will work with most guy clothes, wouldnt work with dress style pants its that thick.

My go to casual belt is the Beltman horsehide in 1.5". I also have Beltmans in 1.25" for suit/dress wear.

I only hit the Tucker occassionaly. When you wear the Tucker you know you are wearing a belt, you cant feel the pistol, but you know you are wearing a belt.

Paired up with a Tucker HF1 holster and my 1911 it would be BBQ ready.

Did anyone else read this as a guy looking for a gun belt to go with his black leather dress? Maybe that says more about me than the OP......

Sounds like he needs a "Murse" - Man purse?

+1,000 on Beltman belts
A lot of options, to include user replaceable buckles. Sharp enough to wear with a suit and sturdy enough to not sag or wear out under the load of a full belt kit. I went 1.5 double-stitched with the internal stiffener. You won’t be disappointed.

I recommend square buckle if you have an option.

The oval or round front buckles interfere with a thick belt in my experience.

Beltman. I'm amazed at how well my standard one has held up. Very little scuffing/wear, even where the IWB holster clips hit it.

Beltman

I have three, two of which have been beaten like rented mules and still beg for more.

Kore. Excellent belt with the ratchet buckle. Check them out. You will not be disappointed.

This. I have several and they are the best belt I’ve ever owned. You can easily swap straps from dressy (Leather) to casual (webbed) as well.

Been using Beltman horsehide for 12 years. No plans to change. When I dont need a dress belt and am after comfort the Volund Gearworks Atlas G-hook slim work well for me AIWB than all the others I tried.

Once you've worn a belt with easily adjustable 1/4" adjustments with a simple flick of a lever ( ratchet buckle) you may not ever
go back to a conventional belt.

Has to be leather? How formal?

ffx_proto350.jpg

I wear this everywhere.

VooDoo

Hanks has been a solid replacement for my taticool elite cobra belt for about a year now. Still going strong barley any wear

Ha! Another Beltman user here. Three belts in twenty years, and not because they wore out. I think they shrank. I prefer horsehide. Black is suitable for dress.

I believe Beltmans ownership has changed three times in the two decades I've used them. The new owners have kept the same level of craftsmanship.

Daltech makes great belts with or without steel cores.

I have 2 steel core belts, the oldest is 5 years old, and they are still Just as supportive and stiff as when new.

My black horsehide is worn daily (horsehide does not absorb sweat) but is subject to skin availability.

Best belt for actual use and gun carry in my experience.

I have brown and black 1791 Gunleather belts and I really like them. Super thick hide and reasonably priced. Not much more than a dress belt.

Check out Ernie Hill on FB. Amazing stuff. Been in the leather business a long time. You can get the belt with a built in piece of steel on your carry side for those that carry heavier/more bulky.

I've used "Hank's Gun Belts" for 7 years now and haven't had to replace either of the two I purchased, yet.
Both in black and are worn 3-5 days a week. Still look like new. Mac:cool: