• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

DTA- Do you live in Michigan? Would you let me shoot it?!?

DP425

I’d rather be sleeping
Minuteman
Feb 28, 2009
MI
I'm looking for someone in MI, hopefully somewhat close to lansing, who has a DTA rifle and will let me send a few rounds down range. Really want to get just a little trigger time on one before seriously looking into buying.

I'm looking for someone in MI, hopefully somewhat close to lansing, who has a DTA rifle and will let me send a few rounds down range. Really want to get just a little trigger time on one before seriously looking into buying.
I wish I lived closer, I would let you blast away. But never having trigger time before buying it made me a tad nervous until I literally pulled the trigger and bought one. Best decision I have made all year! You will love it

Oakland Tactical has a demo maybe you could try that one. Mike is a vendor on the hide and a great guy. They are in Fenton just off US23.

Rich

We can help you out, we have them in stock and we have a 300 yard demo range.

Well that's perfect! You are also who DTA suggested I contact when I inquired with them about buying direct with a military discount (they stated they do offer one but a stocking dealer may be a better route to go for convenience and what not).

I will be in touch; wouldn't be buying for a couple months if I liked it- I'll have plenty of cash freed up by then. But I'd rather try it out while the weather is still decent!

Just noticed you all have your SOT... You don't happen to deal in SIG IOP do you? I've been eyeing some Sig factory SBRs and as far as I know, there is only one dealer anywhere near me that deals SIG IOP AND class III... and I'd like a different option (I'm not into badmouthing anyone so I'll leave it at that).

Thanks a ton for all the replies! My research has proven one thing- there is no middle ground with this system; you either love it or hate it. Glad I'll be able to check it out first!

Sent a PM to Oakland Tactical

I have two DTA SRS A1s and they are great and very accurate. Fit people with shorter arms and takes a while getting used to working the bolt so close to your face. Good luck!