• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

DTA SRS 338 with glass finally

Guns4570

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 14, 2005
Kansas City MO
Picture016.jpg

Received the Heritage from Scott at Liberty Optics. Now maybe I can get this going. Dillon 550b has a new caliber to load.

Re: DTA SRS 338 with glass finally

Very nice! I should have a similar setup next month
smile.gif

Looks great! I can't wait to get my SRS (and optics for it). Congrats. You'll have to let us know how it shoots.

Awesome!

Please let us know how it shoots. With load data if possible.
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LongrangeHawk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Good looking rifle! How much MOA is built into the picatinny rail?</div></div>

Zero....you order the scope mount w/ 20, 30 or 40 moa.

Going back and reading threads about the SRS over the last year or so, that question came up and word is it's quite smooth and comfortable to manipulate.

Looks nice. Would like to see the range report on that.

Bolt operation is dream in my mind. Took about an hour to retrain the hand to come back but its really easy to manipulate. Since the bolt handle is at the front of the bolt its much closer to your hand than it appears.

Now that is bad a$$. I really like this set up, looking forward to the range report.

Heading to the range to sight in....will report back. Finally a couple hours to get some heads down shooting whoohoo.

Damn that Srs looks beautifun!! perfect combo Steve,congrats.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bill Stoffels</div><div class="ubbcode-body">and the results from the range are ??????????????????? </div></div>

Yes, results please.

Guns4570,
Great looking rifle you have there. I messed with one for quite a while at the shot show the past couple of years. I really like the concept of a nice compact long range rig. My only concern was the trigger just didn't break quite as clean as I like and seemed to have a quite a bit of over travel. What is your impression of the trigger?

Oneshot

Ok guys, just cleaned up the SRS. I only broke in the barrel today so 15 shots down the tube. Initial impression is its going to be way too much fun to own. This much fun isn't taxable or illegal is too cool.

The rifle will shoot 1/2" no problem once I get the vision problem solved. The muzzle break on the 338 barrel....the SRS hardly even moves. I have shot 308s and been punched harder on the shoulder.

My only problem getting every last minute of accuracy from the gun isn't the trigger..actually I like the trigger the way it is, my problem is the Premier Heritage and my progressive lenses giving me fits. Its not the scope..but the lenses in my glasses aren't giving me solid clear view. When I go for a cheek weld..its clear but when I pull the gun in things move and get fuzzy. So I am going to need single vision lenses for shooting I think. Any one else have this problem with progressives?

So A+ for design, shootability and the coolest damn rifle I have owned to Nick at DTA. I spent 2 hours explaining what I had to every guy that drove up and parked at the range this afternoon. Sheesh...I feel like a rockstar that can't play a guitar..LOL. Just funning...I really love this gun though. Single lense shooting glasses here I come.

Hell, I was having so much fun with the 338, I forgot to swap the barrel to the 308 and break it in. Ok....good reason for some more range time in midweek.

How are you suppose to clean the barrel from the breach on this rifle?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 338LM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How are you suppose to clean the barrel from the breach on this rifle? </div></div>

you take the butt pad off and remove the bolt

Thanks for the range report. Please keep us posted when you get to go out and play with it again.
smile.gif

Cleaning the rifle could not be easier. The butt pad is retained by a simple tab on the underside. Removing the whole buttpad is a 3-5 second affair. Out comes the bolt, in goes the little bore guide and cleaning commences. Simple and effective.

Barrel changes are so easy I am still trying to convince myself that that is all there is to it. My rifle is a twin to 4570's. I have only shot the 338LM conversion thus far, but plan to slap the little barrel on and break it in this weekend, if I have time. So far, this platform is impressing the hell out of me. To have a LR precision rifle that is this compact and balanced is a great improvement IMO, and the fact that it is a switch barrel is just icing on the cake.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Guns4570</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Will be changing glass and retesting the SRS. </div></div>

Are you going to keep using the ExRings on there or go back to the DTA Mount?

That is interesting 4570. So you own 2 chassis'? One of the biggest draws for me was the fact that I only needed one, LOL.

What gives? Did you want different colors or something? More power to you, either way.

Nice stick, I love the looks of those. Too bad they dont make one for us lefties....
frown.gif

Hydro...I wanted one trigger system and multiple barrels. So I traded my other GAP to a guy that didn't want his due to him being a southpaw. So we are both happy. The 2nd one is going to be my elk rifle too. I figure with where I hunt for cow elk by the time we get our crack at them in late November..they are pretty skittish and the shots can be way over 500 yards..so the 2nd 338 pushing either a Nosler 225-250 gr Accubond or the Barnes Tipped TSX at 225 will be good load for the job.

I'm sure they're absolutely awesome rifles, but I'd like the look of them a whole lot more if the grip was the standard AR15 arrangement (customizable) instead of being integral to the receiver.

I just really don't like finger grooves on any of my weapons (they never happen to line up with my fingers). Besides that, I really don't care for the look of that grip in general.

Anyone else feel that way?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: linebaugh500</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm sure they're absolutely awesome rifles, but I'd like the look of them a whole lot more if the grip was the standard AR15 arrangement (customizable) instead of being integral to the receiver.

I just really don't like finger grooves on any of my weapons (they never happen to line up with my fingers). Besides that, I really don't care for the look of that grip in general.

Anyone else feel that way?</div></div>

Aye, it looks kind of weird and I have also thought that I would prefer an AR-type mount so I could pick one of any number of currently available grips, however I can't argue with the results. Weird or not it seems to work for me and I am able to reliably get setup for a straight pull with it.

After using the grip, I prefer it over any AR grip I have tried. It fits my hand well. My favorite AR grip is the MIAD, but now I wish I could get the DT grip for my ARs.

Really works well.

I've just swapped my .338L for the .308, and found less than two inches of adjustment necessary to zero at 100m. Wow !

Optic is a USO Canadian T-PAL mounted in the 20m DTA mount. Seems only the DTA mount is going to be high enough, so buy one with your rifle.

In .308, this rig fits in the same case as my AR SBR ! I am completely thrilled with the DTA. Coyote population is suffering.

I have the .300 conversion as well, but have not tried it out yet.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Guns4570</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My only problem getting every last minute of accuracy from the gun isn't the trigger..actually I like the trigger the way it is, my problem is the Premier Heritage and my progressive lenses giving me fits. Its not the scope..but the lenses in my glasses aren't giving me solid clear view. When I go for a cheek weld..its clear but when I pull the gun in things move and get fuzzy. So I am going to need single vision lenses for shooting I think. Any one else have this problem with progressives?</div></div>

Yea, Progressive lens make scope shooting a bitch. I have the same problem when I try to sight in using my regular glasses. My shooting glass are single vision just for that reason.

Great new stick you have there. Best of luck with it.

Bob

Guns,
nice looking plattform.
it looks like a bolt version of the RBF 7.62 carbine on steroids.

take a look
IMG

Mine has arrived as well...just waiting on the magazines...

SRS.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dogtown</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mine has arrived as well...just waiting on the magazines...

SRS.jpg
</div></div>

I like it. Looks just like mine! haha