• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

DTA SRS Gen2 purchase help

brutus895

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 14, 2009
Columbus, OH
I'm probably crazy for even asking if this deal is good or not, but it's a bunch of money and need reassurance. A member at my range is offering me his DTA SRS Gen2 set up 338LM. He wants $4800 and is including 2 mags, Atlas Bipod, DTA monopod, DTA rings with reducers. Condition looks solid and has less than 200 rounds down pipe.

Also is it tough to pick up a 308 conversion without a long wait? Thanks.

That's a good deal. While DTA is slammed with sales, .308WIN conversion kits are about the most abundantly available gear they sell. You may have a longer wait for a 6.5x47 or a .260REM kit, but they tend to have plenty of .308WIN and .338LM barrels. All it takes is a phone call.

Thanks for the reply Dogtown. Gonna see if he can budge on price a little or throw in some brass. It was pointed out to me that this is the price of a new one minus the wait.

Thanks for info on conversion, the 22" 308 will be my first purchase.

That and you get a few extra things like the monopod, bipod, extra mag and rings (that's easily another $600 or more)

I just picked up a DTA SRS with a 308 conversion. Looking at the prices I was quoted I think you could get new for around what he's asking even with the extras. I would definitely see if he has a little wiggle room in there.

Going out on a limb, does the SRS he's offering have FDE stock panels and an FDE painted receiver? The whole package sounds a helluva lot like mine that I sold a few months back. Just for my own curiosity. I think it'd be kinda neat to see what she's been up to.

That's a pretty good deal though, I'd snatch it up. If I remember correctly, that's a few hundred lower than what I sold it for.

ETA I deleted all the correspondence for it so I've got no clue where it went to, but Ohio does sound familiar.

ETA 2, If that one's my rifle, PM me, I can confirm with S/N. If you buy it, I've got something for you.

Last edited:
Contact Mark at short action customs about getting a 308 conversion. He is getting a shipment in real soon.

I picked up my DTA with monopod, operators kit, bipod, 2 mags in 308 for 4700$ BNIB 2 weeks ago. I think you can work him down a few hundred. This is a gen2 milled out for the cheek piece. Make sure that one is milled out too else I'd guess it will cost an extra couple hundred to mill it out if you want to upgrade to the cheek piece.

Last edited: