• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

DTA Turns Down Deal

Aid to Pakistan, is aid to the ISA, is aid to Al Queda. DT did the right thing.

I wonder if this means they'll be able to finally supply existing owners with parts, like the A1 buttpads they've been short for over a year now?

Good on them. If I had an extra arm and leg to give for one of their fine rifles, I would be getting the hazmat packaging ready. I shot next to one at a match; the thing was a laser.

I hope their domestic sales skyrocket due to their integrity. These guys must be pretty decent guys. That's a whole lot of zeros and commas to turn down. Now if only our corporate businessmen that run this country and the politicians they buddy with could only learn to behave like this....

DTA Turns Down Deal

Sorry to interrupt the deluge of fan mail, and I have nothing against DTA, but....

The original post says that DTA 'turned down a deal'. The OP added that DTA turned down a $15 million dollar contract.

But the article says that DTA 'spurned an opportunity' to be on a 'short list': Not that they turned down a contract, but that they turned down an opportunity at what might have eventually become a contract.

The two are not the same. Does anyone know the facts? Did DTA turn down a deal, or did they bow out of being listed on a short list of manufacturers who will be submitting rifles?

Last edited:
Looks like more of the latter. Per this report:
“We did not have a contract to sell guns to Pakistan. We had been approached (along with other companies) to participate in a solicitation for a large contract to supply Pakistan with precision rifles,” Desert Tech’s Marketing Manager Seth Ercanbrack told Dawn.

Evidently still a clever bit of PR and brand-building. (Though I don't see the advantage if demand already outstrips their ability to supply.)

It's still commendable because it certainly could have turned into a profitable contract. I absolutely love my SRS and I'm sure Pakistan would have as well. That being said it absolutely was a decent bit of PR, congrats to them on being in a position to capitalize on that.

DTA Turns Down Deal

Yes: The question I was asking is what, exactly, they capitalized on.

Because turning down an opportunity to be in the running and turning down a fifteen million dollar contract is not the same thing. Especially if they were not the lead contender.

Yes: The question I was asking is what, exactly, they capitalized on.

Because turning down an opportunity to be in the running and turning down a fifteen million dollar contract is not the same thing. Especially if they were not the lead contender.

I agree. How did this information come to light. Did the Pakistani government have a press release?

To me it seems like DTA is tooting its own horn for NOT bidding on a contract.

Personally, I've passed on the opportunity to bid EVERY Pakistani contract EVER. That's billions that I have turned down!

Aid to Pakistan, is aid to the ISA, is aid to Al Queda. DT did the right thing.

Not that it'll make a difference. The CIA will buy the same guns with tax payer money and just GIVE them to Al Qaeda.

I suspect they turned down the 'opportunity' to pay some General Fuckwad a bunch of cash to get on the shortlist to pay another 'general' an even bigger chunk of cash to maybe win the contact. Just so happened that the country in question is barely above the status of pond life in the grand scheme of things and so good PR.

I'll start worrying about what rifles they have when the like of Mark Gordon and Bohem are mysteriously holidaying in that part of the world.

FCPA prevents the ability to offer or to pay bribes.

I hear the law against murder is really taking effect...

Of course such things occur discretely but the world of procurement especially in these countries is rife with corruption.

Who knows, I have as much evidence as anyone else here to go on...

If DTA acted out of concern for the welfare of US soldiers then good for them and I hope that their virtue is the least of their rewards.

DTA Turns Down Deal

If DTA acted out of concern for the welfare of US soldiers then good for them and I hope that their virtue is the least of their rewards.
Allow me to take what you are saying one step further:

If DTA truly acted out of concern for our troops I question their decision-making ability.

Because refusing almost any weapon sale to any country, even to our own country, could be justified on the basis that the weapons sold could one day be used against our soldiers.

Blaming the guns for something that hasn't happened yet is the argument that gun control advocates use to justify why the world would be a safer place if you and I were not permitted to be customers.

FCPA prevents the ability to offer or to pay bribes.

Didn't some companies get nailed around this time a few years ago for the same thing ?

I wonder who is on the short list and will DTS's decision change the minds of the other companies ?

DTA's head guy turned down the opportunity to meet with a top secret General in an unmarked SUV out in an unnamed desert on the Discovery Channel after kicking some dirt on his rifle. I guess not everyone is cut out for the Game Changin' game.

Allow me to take what you are saying one step further:

If DTA truly acted out of concern for our troops I question their decision-making ability.

Because refusing almost any weapon sale to any country, even to our own country, could be justified on the basis that the weapons sold could one day be used against our soldiers.

Blaming the guns for something that hasn't happened yet is the argument that gun control advocates use to justify why the world would be a safer place if you and I were not permitted to be customers.

The gun control gang operate on the premise that guns cause gun violence. That premise is false based on there being a wide body of research evidence suggesting at worst no correlation and at best a negative one.

Pakistan has been proven to have deep issues with corruption and ties with Al-Qaida. So refusing to arm them is not on the premise that doing so will cause them to do ill but rather enable further an already established pattern of treacherous behaviour.

DTA Turns Down Deal

DTA's head guy turned down the opportunity to meet with a top secret General in an unmarked SUV out in an unnamed desert on the Discovery Channel after kicking some dirt on his rifle. I guess not everyone is cut out for the Game Changin' game.
He should have had sex with the General. It works in Homeland.

Last edited:
If I offer to sleep with Bryan at Powder Valley, do I have a better shot at some Varget? No $15M contract, I'm small-time.