• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Duluth trading pants?

Killswitch Engage

Gunny Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Dec 23, 2008
ohio
Any of you low speed high drag ninjas ever use these pants? I'm really interested in some like the fire hose fleece lined flex for normal winter outdoor shit like sleigh rides with my wife, winter wonderland excursions, traveling to far off mountain areas to view coyotes and shoot them in the face etc etc. what say you?

Last edited:
I've been using thier fire hose pants for several years now. I think they're great, durable pants and being gussetted means they don't squeeze your nuts :) . I wear mine for things like trekking through the back forty in pursuit of birds, mowing down loads of timber to heat the fort, and generally, doing any manly-man activity. It's an added bonus they have a lifetime warranty and they stand behind it. I'd suggest ordering a size or 2 big as they can shrink a little over time in the wash.

I'll second the vote for Duluth pants. Have several pair of the 5 pocket jeans in fire hose material as well as a couple pairs of the cargo pocket work pants. I had to order up 1 size (2") in the waist and if you don't mind a little bunching on your boots, order up 1 size in the length too. They tend to run a little small in the waist compared to your name brand jeans, and the length shrinks a little. I originally ordered my usual size and after 1 washing I returned them a longer length and larger waist.

I have used their replacement guarantee and it's all that - they will replace for any reason, anytime, PERIOD! Just keep your receipt in a safe place in case you ever do return them - this makes it a lot easier.

I can also recommend their fire hose shorts and hanger bender work shirts - also fire hose material.

I just got a pair of the lined fire hose pants and really like them so far. I hate to hear that they will get smaller!

I got a pair of the Firehose Cargo's a couple years ago and love'em. They have held up very well between work and shooting matches but do order a size larger since they do run small.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I wear em for work n can vouch for their durability. Lots of sharp metal and things to snag on, and I do. Little bit of fray, but no tears on the fire hose material. The crotch gusset is nice, but after 8-10 hour days they do start to chafe a bit.
Highly recommend

Any comparison to carhart stuff? Got some of their khaki cargo style pants, like em but keep hearing of this place.

I have used them for 5 years now. VERY nice pants. I now have two pairs. I use them for work (siding installer), hunting, fishing, etc. Just a very comfy pair of pants. And you can stick so much shit into your pockets its unbelievable. And they do honor there warranty. I highly recommend these pants. Now I need to make it down to the Twin Cities and check out there new store that opened up there recently.

Thanks for the advice gents. Will do on the size up and hopefully the fleece lined will alleviate any chaffing.

Better than carhart IMO. They have some great products with an easy exchange process if need be.

I didn't order any last year, but promised myself that I will have a pair for Christmas. Thank you for the reviews and the no BS warranty.

Question, do the belt loops provide enough room to accomodate a 1.75" belt?

Monmouth, Just checked all the Duluth stuff I have. On the work pants a 1-3/4" belt will fit fine. On the 5 pocket firehose jeans, it will be close but should work. I wear a Cabelas last chance heavy duty belt which is just over 1-1/2" and there's plenty of room.

Win.308stealth, Do take a trip down 35W to check out the new store. Was there a couple of weeks ago. Very easy to get to, just 2 blocks east of 35W off the 98th St exit just south of 494. Apparently it is there biggest store to date and they supposedly have everything they carry under that room so a person can see it in person.

I wear their firehose jeans and I like them a lot. The standard 5 pocket ones are heavier than the cargo, and fit a little more snug, but they are tough as nails. I wear the cargo ones too, lots of pockets, looser, and a little less thick, but still great pants. I like to wear them for shooting, the large side pockets are great dump pockets.

I have had several of these jeans. The gusseted crotch and fire hose material are winners. The hose material seems to get more and more comfy as they wear. If you need a lil more durability get the double front version. I would recommend these and riggs by wrangler as the top two work jeans I have used.

I just got a pair of the lined fire hose pants and really like them so far. I hate to hear that they will get smaller!

Every pair of pants I've ever purchased have gotten smaller, especially in the waist. Even those that were guaranteed to never shrink. Too bad they don't have a guarantee that my waist won't grow :)

I'm going for a pair of "Ballroom Jeans" this year.

* Too bad they don't have a guarantee that my waist won't grow :)

Here I was all set to blame the pants for shrinking!

I bought a couple of pairs of the firehose jeans a couple of months ago and I am really impressed with them. I bought one of each style, and I prefer the 5 pocket version versus the work pants for what I use them for. The waist is a little tight compared to other jeans, I will probably order the waist an inch larger the next time I order.

I like the pants, but the zippers are crap for the money you pay for the pants.

Also, Duluth is anti gun if that matters to you. I wasn't too happy when I found that out, but I did buy two pairs of their pants to try out.

They are having a Black Friday sale. 20% off and free shipping for orders over $75

Another comfy set of long wearing pants....ARBORWEAR tree climbers. Unfortunately no longer built in the USA. But gusseted, tough material,etc.

I have used them in construction now for 5 years. Still have the first pair I bought. They used to be lifetime guaranteed but i havent sent a pair back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought a pair of the fire hose work pants last week, primarily due to the info on this post. I've been wanting to try them for a few yrs now.
Ordered UP once size and glad I did. Got them in, washed and dried them and they fit about perfectly. They DO seem to run a bit small versus other pants like Carhart, Arborwear or LL Beans sizing.

FN in MT

[MENTION=4878]aubie515[/MENTION]

Do you have a link to something the company published that is anti-gun? I would love to check into it...

I like the pants, but the zippers are crap for the money you pay for the pants.

Also, Duluth is anti gun if that matters to you. I wasn't too happy when I found that out, but I did buy two pairs of their pants to try out.