• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Relocation - "Retirement" homestead, what state?

Arent these things snow fences? I've never seen them in real life but I've heard about them. They supposedly keep large snow drifts off the road?
In that case, Google in "Interstate Snow Gates, closed....
screen-shot-2022-12-16-at-73548-am.png

Reactions: Maggot
Oh, look our own weed smoking pseudo intellectual urban legend spreader, copy pasta post stealer is trying throw shade my direction. Dont worry dude your bong doesn't judge you.
I was hooping you might not be a completed douchebag, but you proved me wrong. You never post anything of merit yourself, you only manage to shit on those who do. You made it to ignore.

I don't doubt you will continue your stupidity but at least I wont have to see it play itself out.

and rattlesnakes, poisonous spiders, and worst of all the only entertainment is rodeos.
Not quite true. If you go to Norman there are some good music venues, or you can look at the freaks. Then of course there is the twice annual Wanenmaker's Gun Show in Tulsa. I missed the last ne but plan on making it this fall. According to @sirhrmechanic its one of the best around.

WANENMACHER'S TULSA ARMS SHOW​

1690062042424.png
WANENMACHER'S TULSA ARMS SHOW
https://www.tulsaarmsshow.com

History - Since 1955, the Indian Territory Gun Collectors Association has sponsored two shows, typically in April & October, every year. In 1968, Joe ...

Not quite true. If you go to Norman there are some good music venues, or you can look at the freaks. Then of course there is the twice annual Wanenmaker's Gun Show in Tulsa. I missed the last ne but plan on making it this fall. According to @sirhrmechanic its one of the best around.

View attachment 8188324

History - Since 1955, the Indian Territory Gun Collectors Association has sponsored two shows, typically in April & October, every year. In 1968, Joe ...
^^^ The Best Gun Show ever. Only one close is the Vegas Antique Arms show(s) convention. OGCA is a good one, too. But Tulsa is in a league of its own.

Great steaks in Tulsa, too!

Cheers,

Sirhr

View attachment 8188324

It’s pretty amazing…. I was so hung over the last time I was there I didn’t get to enjoy it as much as I wanted too. My brother and I go every year.

• Haha
Reactions: Maggot
I am stuck in WA state which sucks, looking to retire in a year or so and buying a ranch in ID or MT - 500 acres or so .. tired of the stupidity in WA

Reactions: Milf Dots
Georgia itself is like #6 on the most friendly 2A State list. AZ, ID, TX, AR, NH (wild) are the states that are more friendly.
How much more friendly could Kentucky be?

They imported mostly military-age men with "needs". What did they think would happen? Wait until the rape stats go through the roof, esp. blue urban areas. Likely will be unreported. Is that want dems want? Sure, no problem as long they get their votes. They have private security detail of 1M/year now.

Uniontown Alabama !👍
No! AL is closed!

How much more friendly could Kentucky be?
According the the source I linked KY limits their CCW to 21 or older. Which is slightly more restrictive than some other states. KY comes in at #12, so it’s close the top. There are VERY minor differences in like the top 15 or so. A lot are related to NFA items or castle doctrine etc

Washington State Sucks, gun bans, dipshit democrats, high fuel prices, endless taxes...

Hot summers, cold winters, but the humidity aint bad and its where my family is located.
If half of texas moves in to the east side you might get your legislature back.?

Reactions: mkollman74
If half of texas moves in to the east side you might get your legislature back.?
I’ll be really interest to see where Miller v Bonta falls with Benitez, then the appeals court and then SCOTUS. Likely Bruen will change a lot nationwide.

Arent these things snow fences? I've never seen them in real life but I've heard about them. They supposedly keep large snow drifts off the road?
First and foremost they're target backers/stands.

You shut your whore mouth. We're full.

I was literally going to say the same thing.

Land prices have quadrupled in the last decade, motherf@ckers drive down the rural roads at blazing speed while not being courteous, and everywhere we turn some other asshole is telling me how great Texas is...while they're unloading their U-Haul.

On the bright side: the meth heads are really focusing on all the Texicans from the DFW area that don't have a clue about property security.

My girls refer to Texas as "the T-word" now.

Look at Indiana. Milder weather. Good health care. Reasonable gun laws. Relatively affordable property. Just really boring.

and rattlesnakes, poisonous spiders, and worst of all the only entertainment is rodeos.
If Arizona keeps dicking around OKC might be getting a NHL team. Might not be as many fights as some of the rodeos I’ve been to, but entertaining. At least at a hockey game, the chances of some barrel racer’s blue heeler biting the shit out of you is reduced by about 10%.

Do what all the other 60+ year olds do and come on in to Arizona! Super gun friendly, low income tax/property tax/vehicle fees. It gets a little hot in the summer, the mountain winters are a little cool, we have the "occasional" flash flood that kills a few yuppie hikers and our highways are some of those most dangerous in the country (mostly because we're dumb, angry and can't drive worth a fuck) but other than that it's a little slice of heaven.

Your health and your wife's will deteriorate exponentially as you age. A 100 mile round trip for a doctor's visit will make you question your location.

This x 1000. I am older than you by at least 10+ years. As you age, Dr's and medical facilities will become more important. 1 slip, 1 fall, one F'up with a chain saw.... I also am looking at moving. Tired of the heat and worrying about hurricanes on the coast. Big question is do I want to continue to to keep up acreage. It gets harder and harder every year. 6-7 hours in 100 degree heat today and all wanted is a cold shower and a beer.

This x 1000. I am older than you by at least 10+ years. As you age, Dr's and medical facilities will become more important. 1 slip, 1 fall, one F'up with a chain saw.... I also am looking at moving. Tired of the heat and worrying about hurricanes on the coast. Big question is do I want to continue to to keep up acreage. It gets harder and harder every year. 6-7 hours in 100 degree heat today and all wanted is a cold shower and a beer.
Shit. I’m 42 and feel the same. 😂

Do what all the other 60+ year olds do and come on in to Arizona! Super gun friendly, low income tax/property tax/vehicle fees. It gets a little hot in the summer, the mountain winters are a little cool, we have the "occasional" flash flood that kills a few yuppie hikers and our highways are some of those most dangerous in the country (mostly because we're dumb, angry and can't drive worth a fuck) but other than that it's a little slice of heaven.
I learned to drive on those highways

Honestly the suggestion of WV isnt a bad one from what you've listed. It can be very rural, no one really bothers you. The economy there isnt great however and they do get snow if youre higher in the mountains. Crime is about the same as every other really rural place, and theres a big meth problem there due to economic factors. There are several mile long ranges that are within easy driving distance, and it is a really pretty place.

But I would say that it does meet a lot of what you're looking for.
OK, I have to give a little well-intentioned ribbing...:) I keep reading about these "mountains" in WV. If it doesn't have snow on it 365, its not a mountain...

If Arizona keeps dicking around OKC might be getting a NHL team. Might not be as many fights as some of the rodeos I’ve been to, but entertaining. At least at a hockey game, the chances of some barrel racer’s blue heeler biting the shit out of you is reduced by about 10%.
We had a hockey team, we kicked them out. Not cowboy enough.

I was literally going to say the same thing.

Land prices have quadrupled in the last decade, motherf@ckers drive down the rural roads at blazing speed while not being courteous, and everywhere we turn some other asshole is telling me how great Texas is...while they're unloading their U-Haul.

On the bright side: the meth heads are really focusing on all the Texicans from the DFW area that don't have a clue about property security.

My girls refer to Texas as "the T-word" now.
In the year Ive lived in LawtonIve seen the change. Traffic has increased by 50%

Thats not a joke. We should annex Mexico, clean out the Cartels, and make everything south of Guadalajara reserved for those on Social Security. Im taking a spread in the country side around Oaxaca and a small beachfront.
Yeah, because we don't already have enough stoopid and uneducated here already that we need to annex a hundred million more?
But hey, you will have a beachfront to retire on.
Fucking great logic!!

Yeah, because we don't already have enough stoopid and uneducated here already that we need to annex a hundred million more?
But hey, you will have a beachfront to retire on.
Fucking great logic!!
The lack of true logic and understanding in your post is too large to refute so I'll just pass with a "I dont need no siteeeenking HVAC, man"
Beach 1.jpg