• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Dusty Hill , ZZ Top bass player, has passed

NH4X

Master Of Sparks
Minuteman
May 19, 2020
Saw this on another forum a few min. ago..........RIP

I saw them twice. Once at the Greeley Independence Stampede and once at Cheyenne Frontier Days. They are a great band to see live.

I’m from Houston they played around Spring Branch. Teen clubs no alcohol. They played our High School after prom. A few weeks later Thes Hombras came out and they were big time. They were always great guys from the neighborhood.
RIP Dusty

Last edited:
Reactions: Not a Sniper
Watched them live in the early 80s, took my daughter to see them about 5 years ago and currently have tickets to see them next week. One of my favorite bands, like good wine there music has aged well. And good old southern boys.

Reactions: Yasherka
Damn, was considering seeing them in a couple weeks
I heard that their guitar tech has been covering for Dusty for a few weeks already because he had been having hip issues, dont know if his death was related to that or not. So they have been doing shows without him already but do not know if they will continue.
He used to have a house down the street from me, met him a few times, nice guy.

Last edited:
I heard that their guitar tech has been covering for Dusty for a few weeks already because he had been having hip issues, dont know if his death was related to that or not. So they have been doing shows without him already but do not know if they will continue.
He used to have a house down the street from me, met him a few times, nice guy.
Article I read said he passed in his sleep. Lots of good ones rockin away upstairs.

Truly epic musicians, their music with Dusty will live on for decades to come.
Thankfully I have all their original material on vinyl.
RIP Dusty.

Saw them at the Cotton Bowl 1976. Lead-off band was Fabulous Thunderbirds with some guy named Stevie Ray, Then ZZ Top rocked the house for over two hours and handed off the The Rolling Stones! RIP Dusty and thanks for always giving us a great show.