• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing E-Call Upgrade

YotaEer

Montani Semper Liberi
Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 3, 2019
Pittsburgh
I’ve really gotten into coyote hunting over the last year and I currently use a mix of an Icotec GC320 and hand calls. I’ve had some good luck with the hand calls but the Icotec kind of sucks at higher volumes. I still bring it along to utilize the decoy and mix up calls.

I’m looking at upgrading to either the FoxPro Hammerjack or the Icotec GC500 so I can save money by retaining my current Icotec decoy from the 320. However, I’m worried the GC500 will just be the same thing with more calls and not sound too realistic. So I’m leaning more towards the FP. I know that the shockwave is the top of the line model, buy once cry once etc, but I’m worried it’ll be too heavy as I tend to park as far away as possible and hike a lot to different stands.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Wanted to add that I’m also considering the lucky duck riot and revolt. Any thoughts on these?

I have a shockwave and the weight is negligible. It does sound pretty good, it's loud, and I have killed quite a few with it.
However, a buddy has a revolt and I prefer the sounds that are on his call to the sounds from Foxpro. One major drawback to the lucky duck is the remote buttons are not backlit so night hunting can be difficult.
If I were buying another I would probably go lucky duck....I know I would if the remote buttons were lit

Reactions: YotaEer
I have a shockwave and the weight is negligible. It does sound pretty good, it's loud, and I have killed quite a few with it.
However, a buddy has a revolt and I prefer the sounds that are on his call to the sounds from Foxpro. One major drawback to the lucky duck is the remote buttons are not backlit so night hunting can be difficult.
If I were buying another I would probably go lucky duck....I know I would if the remote buttons were lit

thanks for the response. The price is right for the revolt compared to the fox pros for sure. Everyone seems to like their sound quality too.

I haven’t done any night hunting (yet) is no concerns there. Figured I wait until the new law is passed making NV/thermals legal in PA so I never wasted my money on lights.

-
Remote buttons on Revolt ( not backlite ) . but are they glow in dark buttons ? . even the older Foxpro remotes were Glow-dark before they went backlite .

Been a few years since new, and I been thinking about time to upgrade again and the Luckyduck revolt model been getting pretty solid reviews on the predetormasterscom .
I primarily night hunt, but will sometimes sit threw into first light . have had three Ecalls over the years, and 2 of them been Foxpro . But there are a lot of plus and minus on im mulling threw.
I broke one foxpro, (my fault) and the CS warranty is Solid A+ .
The Revolt does look a lot bigger , and for me the Ecall has to be (smaller backpack ) comparable for my taste .
That Revolt Sound Card looks like a slick option on both storage and backup and easy adding.
People say the sounds are pretty crisp on the Revolt . but the Foxpro has been pretty good to me on calling in the coyotes .

Reactions: YotaEer
-
Remote buttons on Revolt ( not backlite ) . but are they glow in dark buttons ? . even the older Foxpro remotes were Glow-dark before they went backlite .

Been a few years since new, and I been thinking about time to upgrade again and the Luckyduck revolt model been getting pretty solid reviews on the predetormasterscom .
I primarily night hunt, but will sometimes sit threw into first light . have had three Ecalls over the years, and 2 of them been Foxpro . But there are a lot of plus and minus on im mulling threw.
I broke one foxpro, (my fault) and the CS warranty is Solid A+ .
The Revolt does look a lot bigger , and for me the Ecall has to be (smaller backpack ) comparable for my taste .
That Revolt Sound Card looks like a slick option on both storage and backup and easy adding.
People say the sounds are pretty crisp on the Revolt . but the Foxpro has been pretty good to me on calling in the coyotes .
The revolt my buddy has is probably close to two years old now, if I'm not mistaken he got it pretty soon after it came out, so it is possible that they changed it (I just looked it up and it appears to be exactly the same). His buttons are not glow in the dark, they are very difficult to use at night. There is enough ambient light from the display screen to make out the buttons on the face of the remote (but that only works once you 'learn' what buttons are what and are almost able to use them without being lit), but there is nothing to help with the buttons on the sides. Like you, We hunt mostly at night and the revolt hasn't gotten much use because of that.
Between the two of us we have the Foxpro spitfire, fusion, cs24, and shockwave, for NIGHT hunting I would take any of the foxpro's except the spitfire (also not lit) over the revolt simply based on the remote.
I do however think the revolt sounds better than any of the foxpro's. I love the rotating feature, the sound profiles, and the call is extremely loud.

Thanks for all the input guys. I think I’ll be going with the revolt and accept the remote backlighting and size issues in exchange for the increased performance