• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Precision Rifle Gear Ear Pro: Large Ear Canal (aka Big Ears)

DocRDS

Head Maffs Monkey
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2012
The Great Beyond
Ok you can stop your laughing.

My ear canals seem to be rather large. A lot of plugs don't really fit--they are fairly loose and don't give a good seal.

While over the ear works great, when I need to double plug, its a problem--any one had a similar issue and found good in-ear protection (electronic would be a plus)

3m peltor line of lep-200 or tep-200 with the skullscrew tips can fit huge hear canals.

Reactions: DustBun
Get custom plugs. I'm not sure my ear canals are large, but when I got fitted the audiologist did mention that my canals don't taper down a lot or quickly.

Reactions: Hegre
I also have larger than normal ear canals and was fitted no problem by my local audiologist. Most of them allow revisions too, so if they’re not perfect you’ll be able to have them revised until they do.

Super comfortable and great noise blocking. I honestly forget that they’re there most of the time. Only downside is you’ll find yourself yelling a lot while wearing them.

I love my OTTO's. The foam tips they ship with are huge! Too large for me, I use comply mediums. However, you can replace with any size of tips you want in an instant. Comply tips seem to be the best so far and you can get them on Amazon. Tips that are made for in ear headphones or Professional In Ear Monitors fit right on them. I would recommend you see if you can find the tips that will work. If so, you will really like the Otto's
You could also have a pair of tips molded by an audiologist.

I had some custom plugs made for work. Company came in and did it in about ten minutes. They had some noise cancellation upgrades but once I wasn’t using these for the range, I skipped it, but the technology is definitely out there.