• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos early christmas present

Re: early christmas present

what scope? looks like ncstar

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: _Shay_</div><div class="ubbcode-body">what scope? looks like ncstar </div></div>

+1, I just sent one of those back, decent glass but couldnt handle the elevation knob, and how bright the reticle lamp is.

Sweet looking rig though!

the ncstar arent too bad, i bought one off ebay for $60 for my AR. its decent but the elevation knob seems a little wiggly. but its decent. id like to try a facog since i cant afford a real acog

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AXEMAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">the ncstar arent too bad, i bought one off ebay for $60 for my AR. its decent but the elevation knob seems a little wiggly. but its decent. id like to try a facog since i cant afford a real acog </div></div>Man i caint ever read what you say because I caint stop looking at that hot ass chick every time you post! Hehehe nice rig man,i shot my 16" ar out to 600 today,its always fun to shoot the AR.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dgunn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">tacticool </div></div>
You totally beat me to it.

ya the scope is kinda annoying just got it from a buddy of mine going to change it up.

it weights like 10 pounds or so havent weighed it

I like shooting irons sights on my AR15s as well. They work like a champ every time.

I would love to get a gift like that for Christmas!!

Nicely arranged concentric belts of linked something behind your rifle photo reminds me of a song - "I fell into a burning ring of ...ammo" , ring of ammo..." Santa did good.

I don't get it. Did you just throw stuff on the AR just to throw stuff on it?

What is the phone number to your Santa Clause?!?!?

I think a different one visits you than visits me!

Awesome Looking Rifle!

uhh, first NcStar is total shit, and they are blatant copyright violators... even after losing court cases, they continue to do it. DO NOT give them any more money.

second, that looks like a detachable carry handle... take it off and mount a real scope, or use the irons that are on it.

third, are any of the parts actually real or are they all chinese copies... like the PRS stock, the bipod, etc.

fourth, who made your rail? i'm gonna go out on a limb and guess its a chinese UTG rail...

I don't mean to bash, I appreciate that you are anxious to jump into to black rifle world. But remember, AR's are a real weapon system to be used with caution like any other firearm. Adding airsoft quality items is never an acceptable alternative to gearing up for whatever you intend to use it for. Failures of cheap gear can create a dangerous situation, or just generally be a pain in the ass... either one could spoil your range day at the drop of a hat.

I like your enthusiasm for the AR, but my advice it to lurk around and see what the serious members here use on their weapons. Use the google snipers hide search (it works better than built in) and soak up the info like a sponge.

You don't have to be made of money to have a nice platform. You just have to be very picky, and patient enough to save up for it or wait for a sale or a good deal on a used unit here on the board. Don't waste money on cheap shit, save it for better gear.

So you know, here is how mine is built:

*Kit upper m4 from m&a parts
*Troy MRF rail with ergo covers
*Magpul rear BUIS, AR original A-frame front sight.
*a2 stock for storage of cleaning kit & spare parts, also an eagle stock pack (IBA style with loops inside) for ammo, dope charts, etc.
*Magpul MOE grip with the MIAD core that hold the spare bolt & firing pin
*vickers blue force 2-point sling. I used a footman loop on the a2 stock to attach the rear point, but I may go to a QD adapter on the buffer tube.

*i've been using a horus scope, but I'm going to dump it and go to a vortex red dot (cheap & quality aimpoint style optic) and a cheapo magnifier

I consider it an affordable build, it's not got thousands of dollars of crap on it. I'd love to go with a slick stock and expensive optics, but I'd rather spend that money on mags and ammo so I can plink all the time.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bacarrat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't get it. Did you just throw stuff on the AR just to throw stuff on it? </div></div>

I was thinking it fell into a magazine and a bunch of stuff stuck to it.

I admire your enthusiasm, but that rifle has an identity crisis.

If you enjoy it, drive on but the way you have it setup it doesn't look like that rifle is going to do anything well.

It is a fake PRS!
The bipod doesn't look like a Harris either.

Did you build this at a gunshow?
You seriously need to start over.

Since you're new you should definitely keep it simple.
The only reason to keep it as it is would be to "show off" to people who don't know any better, not to seriously shoot.
Is that what you want? (A knock-off display piece)

Keep what is usable and hawk everything else.

This is not a bashing!
It's more of a recalibration.
PM me and I will get you on the right track.

"Made in China" just doesn't mean what it used to....LOL

I'll agree with that Lone Wolf. They have a gun like that in the game Modern Warefare 2. reminds me of the "Bling" perk.

p.s. I liked your site. 8541 tactical. Are u at QTCO now?

take all of the extras off, get a new stock, and go shoot. It will be better that way.

it looks like that lower should have a different upper. Maybe a 20 inch with a bull barrel. you could sell the 16 and get a 20 in.

im going to take all the extras off and re do it probably get an 18 in. barrel and a vlyor EMOD stock and take off the scope and irons and get a eotech red dot

or get a 20in upper and have a long range type ar. that would be cool too.

ya im not sure so if any one has an ar send me some pictures so i can get an idea

i dont understand why people like you get on here and bitch about other people if you dont like it dont look at it

Holy crap!
Try and help the new guy so he doesn't have to re-invent the wheel and now I'm a bitch.
What are you, like 15?

Now I'm no expert with the AR15, but there are many folks here who actually know stuff.
I just tried to point you in the right direction.
Are you amazed that you still have a lot to learn?

What's up with the USMC avatar? If you were a rifleman you'd have a little better clue about long guns. If you were a hog you'd not post pics like those and think they were cool, and if you mean "one shot one kill" you damned sure wouldn't have an "annoying" POS scope mounted half a foot above your bore.

USE PUNCTUATION!

Seriously, take all the stuff off that rifle and START OVER! Get a m4 or a2 stock and run irons for a while.

TAKE EVERYTHING OFF AND GET A FRONT SIGHT! Throw away the scope, it will be useless in about 5 rounds.

im trying to stay out of discouraging you about your gun, but here are a couple things ive seen...

NC Star is on par maybe worse than Counter Sniper (this means they blow ass)
UTG is an airsoft product not meant for real guns that really go boom bang or what ever sound effect you want
Magpul PRS knockoff--again made for airsoft and in complete patent infringement (i wont support anyone who knocks off another product purposely)
Optic mounted ontop of the REMOVEABLE carrying handle, take it off and rock an optic on the rail (thats what it is there for)
Ditch the cool chinese knock off green laser and light, get a surefire or insight if you want a light.

again your money your gun, just some very glaring issues to me. Seems like you tried to fit in by your NC Star is awesome then switching ot yeah the scope is kinda annoying. But again thats on you. Id listen to the advice given here, ditch all the cheap airsoft shit and rock an A2 stock and irons for a while, get good at shooting it before you start slapping all kinds of shit on there

Hogs,
I just wanted to share my thoughts on this rifle of yours, for what they're worth. I would start with deciding what it is that you intend to do with this rifle. The beauty of the AR platform is that given their modular nature, they are adaptable to suit a variety of purposes.

While mine is far from what some would consider to be the "ultimate AR", it is primarily a home defense weapon, but is also very good at intermdediate-range interdiction. I can routinely hit man sized targets out to about 600yds. It's really a pretty simple and straight-forward piece. DPMS "M4" with 16" match barrel, picatinny fore end, vertical fore end grip with "bipod", and Trijicon ACOG. There are a few other mods, but that's the nuts and bolts of it. It's a wonderful rifle in which I have the utmost confidence.
I would recommend doing alot of the things already mentioned in this thread, but more than anything, do some thinking about what this rifle will be used for before doing anything. Think twice, buy once. This hobby is expensive enough when you don't make mistakes in purchasing the wrong stuff for your purposes. Above all, the relationship between man and rifle is very personal, so take this advice along with all others' as just that. The decision is ultimately yours, as are the rewards and consequences. That is all.
cool.gif

url]

Hogs...... I don't agree with your set-up, but I'm not going to sit here and bash you for it either. Just remember you're the one that has to fire that weapon. No one else but you has to live with that weapon. If the way it is set up is the way you want it, then I say go for it man. All I ask is that you read up on the AR15 platform and learn how to maintain it.

Now on the subject of barrels, why not keep the 16 inch upper and buy a 24 inch upper and then just swap uppers.

Wesley