• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

East Texas gun range recommendations

Smitty192

Stand-up Philosopher
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 23, 2017
Deep East Texas
Just moved to East Texas (Nacogdoches). Looking for recommendations for a rifle range.

Thanks

I used to shoot a lot of USPSA at Angelina Rifle and Pistol, just north of Lufkin. Don't know what they have for rifles but worth checking out. Also to the south of you there are a couple ranges near Navasota and Bryan/College Station but I don't know if they have memberships available, Also there is a newish range at Terrell that I think goes to 1 mile.

I used to shoot a lot of USPSA at Angelina Rifle and Pistol, just north of Lufkin. Don't know what they have for rifles but worth checking out. Also to the south of you there are a couple ranges near Navasota and Bryan/College Station but I don't know if they have memberships available, Also there is a newish range at Terrell that I think goes to 1 mile.
Thanks for the info. I've talked to the people that run the range in Terrell. It's on my list. A bit of a drive, but doable. I'll look into the other ones.

Northeast Texas Tactical in Kaufman county goes to one mile.

Though not really in East Texas I have been a member here for a bit and really enjoy it. Great facility and staff. Must be a member to shoot on the long range line which is out to 1250 but my lrf places it closer to 1277. Another bonus is open 7 days a week not just weekends, so you can go mid week and avoid the weekend crush.

Another option that is likely closer for you.

Revised: Any ranges in East Texas that will allow 338 Lapau Magnum shooting? All of the ones I've seen have a .30 cal size limit.

Thanks

CSAT is in Nacogdoches.

Not sure on availability of public access, but it's a cool spot.

Reactions: Smitty192
I meant to add Red River Firearms West is a long way from Nacogdoches.

There is another one near Cresson, West and south of Fort Worth.

I'm in Nac too. Angelina Rifle and Pistol club had a 100, 200 and 550 yard rifle range. No steel. But place to hang paper. About $100 a year to be a member.

CSAT has steel out to 1000. Not a member there, just get invited by friends. Really nice range overall.

I'm in Nac too. Angelina Rifle and Pistol club had a 100, 200 and 550 yard rifle range. No steel. But place to hang paper. About $100 a year to be a member.

CSAT has steel out to 1000. Not a member there, just get invited by friends. Really nice range overall.
Thanks for the information. Can you bring your own steel at Angelina Rifle?

Didn't know CSAT was open to anything other than his courses.

I don’t know if they allow 338LM, but Medow Ridge in Nac has a pretty good range. They have steel out to 500 and they staff are awesome to deal with.