• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report eBook version of "Accuracy and Precision for Long Range Shooting" now available

BryanLitz

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Applied Ballistics is proud to announce the release of its first eBook. Accuracy and Precision for Long Range Shooting is now available in electronic format for both Kindle and Nook eReaders. iPad users can use the Kindle app to access the eBook.

iPad.png

Since its release in 2012, the hardcopy of Accuracy and Precision for Long Range Shooting has sold over 5000 copies. The book introduces the concept of Weapon Employment Zone (WEZ) analysis. This statistical approach is used to assess how hit percentage is calculated and how it’s affected by uncertainties involved in long range shooting. Many illuminating studies are presented to show what things affect your hit probability at long range. Live fire verification is presented for a number of scenarios.

The Kindle book is available directly from Amazon: Amazon.com: Accuracy and Precision For Long Range Shooting eBook: Bryan Litz: Kindle Store

The Nook version is available from the Barnes and Nobles store: Accuracy and Precision For Long Range Shooting by Bryan Litz | 2940148334149 | NOOK Book (eBook) | Barnes & Noble

iPad users can use the Kindle app to load the book for reading on iPad.

All formats of the eBook are sold for $27.99 (hardcopy is $34.99). If you have a Kindle, Nook or iPad, and are interested in having this valuable resource at your fingertips, you should also check out the various recreational and professional articles for your eReader as well. Visit the Applied Ballistics website to see what articles are available: Home Page | Applied Ballistics, LLC

Bryan:

That is good news. I have a hard copies of both Accuracy and Precision as well as Applied Ballistics. I travel almost weekly on business and having it on my iPad will make for time well spent reading it while sitting in a plane or at the terminal. Thanks.

I never understood spending $28 on an ebook while the print is $35. The book looks good and is on my Amazon wish list but $28 seems a bit high to me for an ebook.

I respect your thoughts about price. Consider the following;

It's cost over $30,000 to create this eBook. Amazon keeps 65% of the sale price. If we sold it for a much lower price, it wouldn't be economically viable to do it at all.

Not all eBooks are this costly to create. Books which have a lot of graphics (like ours) are the most costly to convert. It's not as simple as clicking 'save as ePub' which is why you don't see many such books offered as eBooks, and those that are tend to be more pricey. Some publishers have large and dedicated staff for making eBooks; we developed the capability in-house so we can continue to offer our materials in electronic format.

Again, I respect your opinion, just sharing some things we've learned along the way.

-Bryan

Bryan, is there any way to host your own site to sell the ebook? You wouldn't have to pay Amazon the sixty five percent

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Bryan, is there any way to host your own site to sell the ebook? You wouldn't have to pay Amazon the sixty five percent

Yes, in fact sharing ePub files is easy. We do this with articles currently.

The problem is security. Digital Rights Management (DRM) is the encryption which prevents eBooks from being freely shared, and that's what Amazon provides (security). Without DRM, you can expect to sell about 10 copies of something, then everyone shares it with each other and you can't make back the investment of creating the material and so you can't afford to make new material.

This is usually where a conversation gets heated between freedom of information vs. piracy and generating money from sales, etc. I'm not looking to get into that fight. Again, just sharing what we've learned. We could sell the book from our site and avoid amazon, but without DRM you risk not making enough sales to cover the investment due to free sharing. We've chosen a path and pricing which will allow us (financially) to continue to provide instructional material in various formats in the future.

-Bryan

Brian, did not know that it was that costly to make an ebook, or that Amazon charged you that much. Thank you for going into detail explaining why, makes me more inclined to buy it rather than look at the price and laugh because it's too high.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

That makes sense about the drm.