• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Eclipse 2024 ..Let the madness begin!

I was in the area of 2017, by the time it got here, I was utterly disgusted by the entire thing. Everyone turned it into a freak show, like people do. I remember the entire office went outside. I was so turned off, I just sat at my desk, the sky went dark, then went light....whoopty fucking doo! Happens every night!

Glad its not in my area! The older I get the more I hate people. You know what else will happen that day, that rarely happens......everything!

I should have just skipped this thread....Im for sure the Debbie Downer in this one. It is a good reminder how utterly impressed people can be, by the dumbest things.

Ok, Ill check out of this thread.....

I was in the area of 2017, by the time it got here, I was utterly disgusted by the entire thing. Everyone turned it into a freak show, like people do. I remember the entire office went outside. I was so turned off, I just sat at my desk, the sky went dark, then went light....whoopty fucking doo! Happens every night!

Glad its not in my area! The older I get the more I hate people. You know what else will happen that day, that rarely happens......everything!

I should have just skipped this thread....Im for sure the Debbie Downer in this one. It is a good reminder how utterly impressed people can be, by the dumbest things.

Ok, Ill check out of this thread.....
Kinda be cool if heavy thunderstorms happen on theses dates 😅

IMG_0117.jpeg

Right now in sw Florida

The 2024 Eclipse is upon us soon. Some towns near my AO are already trying to figure out the best way to make $$$ off of it.
How about renting a “ primitive camp sight” , basically a spot in a hay field for $300.00 a night with a two night minimum ? 🥴 Forget your tent ? Can rent one for $100.00 a night , 2 night minimum. Parking locally …how about $50.00 to park in town ? Local motels …$600.00 + a night 😳
Hope it’s cloudy and/or raining that day.🥱

• Love
Reactions: Jgunner and BCP
The 2017 one was great for me because my house was right in the path of totality, so I got to experience the whole thing in my driveway. My kids school made a day of it with a bunch of activities, lessons, all culminating with being outside to watch the eclipse.

I'm not sure what i'm doing for this one. There's a strong possibility this could be the last one I ever get to see since the next one won't be for another 21 years.

Branden

The 2017 one was great for me because my house was right in the path of totality, so I got to experience the whole thing in my driveway. My kids school made a day of it with a bunch of activities, lessons, all culminating with being outside to watch the eclipse.

I'm not sure what i'm doing for this one. There's a strong possibility this could be the last one I ever get to see since the next one won't be for another 21 years.

Branden
Same here on 2017. I really didn't think much of it until I saw it. Man I'd love to make it for the next one. But I doubt that I will be able to.

Reactions: Sandhog308
I took the day off but it's still up in the air if work is going to close. Apparently my little town (Central Texas) is going to see an influx of fuck stick onlookers.
The school is closed, court house and all county offices are closed. I've heard they are closing to keep people out of their bathrooms. They are telling locals we will run out of fuel and to stock up on gas and groceries the week before.

I didn't take the day off to watch the eclipse, I took off becasue I don't want to deal with the idiots. It wouldn't hurt my feelings if it ended up being cloudy that day. Because fuck em.

I will be in path of totality so it will be convenient for me. Be close to 4 minutes of darkness I hear.
They claim there could be a influx of 500K people to the area which could cause some logistical clusterflucks. People are being told to have supplies and fuel topped off ….my main concern is Beer 🍻
Hear that NASA will be around …free mass weddings , traffic problems…..quite a event 🥳

Reactions: xsn10s
I will be in path of totality so it will be convenient for me. Be close to 4 minutes of darkness I hear.
They claim there could be a influx of 500K people to the area which could cause some logistical clusterflucks. People are being told to have supplies and fuel topped off ….my main concern is Beer 🍻
Hear that NASA will be around …free mass weddings , traffic problems…..quite a event 🥳
Yeah it can be a mess in the popular spots for the locals. I suggest get everything you need a week ahead of time. Try to avoid the traffic and enjoy yourselves.

I drove 550 miles, with my son, to Paduka Kentucky, in 2017, to see the eclipse. IMO, it was well worth the trip. A great dad/son adventure. Traffic was not a problem for us, but I heard it was terrible all around us.

This year, my sister's house is directly under the path. So, I'll leave a couple days early, stay with her, and watch it with my family in the Ouachita mountains. It's going to be a good weekend.

Same here on 2017. I really didn't think much of it until I saw it. Man I'd love to make it for the next one. But I doubt that I will be able to.
Close your eyes for two minutes, you will relive the entire thing!

Reactions: goinghunting
I was in the direct path back in the 80's ? maybe 90's ?
Don't really recall the date, was in socal, was during the workday.....we all went outside to watch.
Meh, there is a strange sensation to it but it didn't seem all that big of a deal.
I'm much more into the surrealism that happens when "greenage" occurs (my southern buddies know that term).

Here's a tip....
Self darkening welding helmet, definitely the ticket.
Can vouch as I had one the last time and it worked so much better than those cheesy little goggle things it's not even funny.

Something for you @Sandhog308 to do...
Send the visitors to drive the old route 23 (pig trail) from the I40 to Fayetteville area for the scenic tour to travel when they leave.
It's a helluva drive :D

The last one in So Cal was in 1979 and I was there for that one. I don't think it was in the direct path as I don't recall it being much of anything. The one in 2017 in Oregon was a completely different experience. We were in the path of totality where it went dark and you didn't need glasses to experience it. Far more dramatic and the natural phenomenon and how it affected light, animals, and insects was amazing.

I was in the direct path back in the 80's ? maybe 90's ?
Don't really recall the date, was in socal, was during the workday.....we all went outside to watch.
Meh, there is a strange sensation to it but it didn't seem all that big of a deal.
I'm much more into the surrealism that happens when "greenage" occurs (my southern buddies know that term).

Here's a tip....
Self darkening welding helmet, definitely the ticket.
Can vouch as I had one the last time and it worked so much better than those cheesy little goggle things it's not even funny.

Something for you @Sandhog308 to do...
Send the visitors to drive the old route 23 (pig trail) from the I40 to Fayetteville area for the scenic tour to travel when they leave.
It's a helluva drive :D
I drive up the Pig Trail 90% of the time I got to NWA. I avoid the Interstates when possible !

Reactions: nikonNUT
Shit is already getting crowded , Woke up at 0400 and noticed some used my drive way as their trash can 😡 I’m in the process of making a gate so people don’t drive up in the drive way to block entry. Either going to paint the 2x4s hi viz yellow , if that doesn’t work , may make some rebar and weld sharpened Road Stars . Hell , flat tires cost a lot more now.
If THAT don’t work , I’ll put a sign saying ” Bawal Ang Pumasok” which means no trespassing in Tagalog , the main Philippine language. If nothing else it will baffle the shit out of people 🥹

Last edited:
I'm going to camp out in from on Sandhogs house since Texas is a no go now.
Come on over !! Russellville and other small towns near by have been invaded.
I made a makeshift fence to keep people out of my driveway. 2x4 painted with hi viz paint stuck in cinder blocks . Working so far !

Just holler , Hiders are welcome 😉 just Message me for the location and password 😆. 🍻 Bring Blue Moon Beer and/or Moon Pies …head of the line 😉

Last edited:
I made a makeshift fence to keep people out of my driveway. 2x4 painted with hi viz paint stuck in cinder blocks . Working so far !

Just holler , Hiders are welcome 😉 just Message me for the location and password 😆. 🍻
I hear Polk County is gonna shut down their gas stations and some restaurants

We’re between Little Rock and Hot Springs so will be keeping in close except to refill food stuffs. Likely sit in the yard a possibly pop a bottle with she who must be obeyed.

Thinking the Aztecs and Mayans may have had a good idea back in the day, but due to lack of virgins, go the opposite way and sacrifice politicians for the eclipse.

I keep hearing all this shit about millions of people showing up, where are they coming from?? I mean I personally wouldn't drive across town to see it. And Murfreesboro is nothing but a tourist town anyway, but as of today no one is here. We are just south of the "perfect" view. I hope they stay the hell away!! I've been hoping for a hell of a storm all day Monday 😂🤣.

I bet every pickpocket in New Orleans is headed to Central Texas. It's going to be dark and everybody will have on blacked out shades and looking up.

Last edited:

Just holler , Hiders are welcome 😉 just Message me for the location and password 😆. 🍻 Bring Blue Moon Beer and/or Moon Pies …head of the line 😉
All I have is some bottles of allocated bourbons. :ROFLMAO: Will probably leave Houston midnight and was thinking either Russellville or Hot Springs.

Some of you old fucks bitching the universe doing something neat isn’t good enough for you Smdh. You don’t have to go out and jump for joy just enjoy a natural oddity and STFU.

to those being invaded, good luck.

Reactions: Jscb1b
I keep hearing all this shit about millions of people showing up, where are they coming from?? I mean I personally wouldn't drive across town to see it. And Murfreesboro is nothing but a tourist town anyway, but as of today no one is here. We are just south of the "perfect" view. I hope they stay the hell away!! I've been hoping for a hell of a storm all day Monday 😂🤣.
I spent two days in M-boro sifting through mud looking for diamonds when i lived in Hot Springs.
Didn’t find anything that remotely favored a diamond. Reading the paper I read about a woman finding a large one the dai left . 😖 I don’t remember much, but I would
dare to declare she probably, cash ,
I hear Polk County is gonna shut down their gas stations and some restaurants
They claim the hoards of people here will use up everything they encounter like gasoline, to keep it clean and s
You do know that is just Coors, right ?
I personally don’t drink Blue Moon nor Coors ….except in an emergency 👎 Just wanted to play on the Moon thing. I usually drink Newcastle or Busch Light as my “ yard or practice beer. 🍻

All I have is some bottles of allocated bourbons. :ROFLMAO: Will probably leave Houston midnight and was thinking either Russellville or Hot Springs.
Russellville would be my choice because Hot Springs traffic is bad on any day , can’t imagine the next few days 😖 Hot Springs has many more things to do and drink ,give them that 👍
Russellville meh ..I stay on the other side of the river , plus Pope county is Dry 🥴
Business that serve beer & liquor are few , maybe 5 of them ? But it is wide open and traffic is better than Hot Springs.
Im staying put at my crib Monday , I live across the street from the Arkansas River. I watched the last one from Mt Nebo. Hear they are restricting access to residents and paid guests ,plus Nebo has some tight zig zags that flat landers ain’t used to. 😳

🍻

Last edited:
We went out to Lamar last night. I was pleasantly surprised that traffic both to and from was relatively light. I expected traffic to be nuts.

Hey Sirh, is that a painting or some digital art because it almost looks like a photo?

The detail, down to the mud spray, the mud spackle left on the ruts, the guy on the cell phone, the mud running down the winshield, the muck floating on the surface center foreground...things even the best artist couldn't capture.

Hey Sirh, is that a painting or some digital art because it almost looks like a photo?

The detail, down to the mud spray, the mud spackle left on the ruts, the guy on the cell phone, the mud running down the winshield, the muck floating on the surface center foreground...things even the best artist couldn't capture.

AI interpretation of eclipse in VT!

I like that it captured the Subarus so realistically!

Not sure who did it. Friend sent it to me yesterday!

Sirhr

Sirhr

Reactions: TexPatriot
AI interpretation of eclipse in VT!

I like that it captured the Subarus so realistically!

Not sure who did it. Friend sent it to me yesterday!

Sirhr

Sirhr
Fatboy in the lower left looks like your typical drunk camper in the park up the lake, down to the buttcrack and lovehandles.

caught an unadvertised sneak peek last nite at 1024pm. not even a ring or shadow, pitch black.

• Haha
I wonder if I can sell my $2.00 eclipse glasses on eBay.

I was in the path of totality in 2017. We got the glasses just because. I wasn't really overly excited until it happened. One of the most amazing things I've ever seen. The bugs and birds going dead silent. Strange light waves reflecting off the ground. It's an amazing event. Stay clear of crowds and enjoy.
Same here. Pretty amazing to see and take it in. But I don't understand why people go nuts over it.