• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Eclipse 2024 ..Let the madness begin!

Maybe Polk county isn’t as sleepy as I thought.
I’ll take your word for it.
They just lost their dollar store, only real place to shop now is chinamart and a small ish grocery store. With any uptick in visitor traffic wanting to buy supplies local, even one store closed will hurt. Let alone a gas station or two.

Not seeing near the amount of people that they claim were going to be here.
Town has “ no trespassing” signs everywhere, the town has about 20 dumpsters and portable shitters spread out all over. Best thing I see is the dumpsters. Got lots of shit in my garage that needs dumped. 😉
If things stay as it looks , there will be some pissed off people sleeping in $ 600.00 a night Motel 6.

I think this applies everywhere. Probably especially in Arkansas.

1712509284375.png

Just got a reminder that our town that is expecting something like 8,000 visitors (something like a peak foliiage day... so not the end of the world).

But... also a reminder that the entire town has 8 EV charging stations.

This is going to be epic! Just like foliage. Because I bet there is a much higher percentage of druid moonbats driving their little electric cars... than there are Giant Mercedes Sedan Old People looking at leaves.

If 1 percent of them has an electric car... then 72 of them are going to be SOL getting charged to go home. I bet the number is higher than 1 percent!

Bah ha ah haha hhaha....

Sirhr

Full blown stupid right there
This is mud season here with no skiing. Nothing but mud and nastyness.

Normally restaurants are shut for spring and hotel rooms are $80 - 150 that would be 300 - 800 during ski weekends or peak foliage.

Even our 'cheap' rooms are 800 or more... Not an Air BnB to be found. People sleeping in their vans.

And we just got notice that there may be a 'gas shortage.'

Bah ha hah hahha... Good thing I have 500 gallons of farm diesel available. Wonder if $50 a gallon cash only is too much to ask? I mean... to get home and all. Seems worth it!

Sirhr

Seems that on April 8 , 2024 theres going to be quite the Eclipse. My humble AO is right in its path.
We will have a period of total darkness for a little over 4 minutes. Towns and people in the path have already started planning , even going to have some folks from NASA grace our presence !! Supposed to be like 30k eclipse watchers coming this way. Local motels that usually cost $80.00 a night will charge $650.00 per night …like a Motel 6 😳 Some nicer motels bumping their rates to the 1K per night range. A buddy of mine has a cabin on a near by mountain has already rented it for 2 days for $ 950.00 …he has 8 people on a waiting list. Even Going to have a mass wedding ceremony at a near by park 🙃.

World has gone totally NUTS !!! It’s official to me now 🥴

Might be a rare occurrence… BUT I don’t understand why anyone would travel and pay exorbitant prices to watch it ?🤔 All the hype and price gouging on , nobody mentions what happens if it’s pouring down and totally cloudy ??

I’ll give (most) members of the Hide a HELL of a deal. Bring Beer and food , you can sit under my Pecan tree for free 👍
Be smart. Rent like 6 porta johns, let people camp in your yard fpr 100 bucks a night or more, and make a small fortune in a days time.

Reactions: Yasherka
A total solar eclipse is a very cool and surreal experience.

It's a bit surreal for the sky to go dark, the temperature to plummet 10+°F, and all the animals to go eerily quiet.

It's a bit surreal for the sky to go dark, the temperature to plummet 10+°F, and all the animals to go eerily quiet.
Good analysis there, Ra.

As long as folks ' credit cards are not maxxed out, I will appreciate their awe-struck-ness. For about 2 grand.

Sirhr

Normally restaurants are shut for spring and hotel rooms are $80 - 150 that would be 300 - 800 during ski weekends or peak foliage.

Even our 'cheap' rooms are 800 or more... Not an Air BnB to be found. People sleeping in their vans.

Bah ha hah hahha... Good thing I have 500 gallons of farm diesel available. Wonder if $50 a gallon cash only is too much to ask? I mean... to get home and all. Seems worth it!

Sirhr
My whole crew went up to Barton to my aunts house for the view. Its the event of the century for them me not so much.

I'm not sure if it's because of the eclipse or the chipotle I ate but I'm pretty sure the corn salsa I just shot out of my ass could have hit a 100 yard target.

• Haha
Reactions: Yasherka
WTaF?

He said they'd prefer people not watch the eclipse alongside a main road or highway.

All law enforcement officers will be on duty, more ambulances will be on standby, and the county hopes residents and businesses will do their part to help prevent any issues.

Meanwhile in my AO in Arkansas... It's FUCKIN' dead!!! So weird!
Well today’s the day , 44* / partly cloudy. On my run this morning didn’t see anything or anyone, more like a ghost town. Few businesses closed yesterday , maybe a uptick
in traffic ??
Thinking it’s been a commercial event more than anything. Can’t believe they have area schools closed. Yawning as I type 🙄

Well today’s the day , 44* / partly cloudy. On my run this morning didn’t see anything or anyone, more like a ghost town. Few businesses closed yesterday , maybe a uptick
in traffic ??
Thinking it’s been a commercial event more than anything. Can’t believe they have area schools closed. Yawning as I type 🙄
Same here, nothing new. A lot of hype but I haven’t seen anything that would indicate a notable rise in the population.

Reactions: Sandhog308

Sirhr
In my past career I would have taken a couple days vacation and my kids and I would be on your lawn.

Now……best I’ll do is unchain myself from my daily hell and go out to look into the directed energy weapon hoping these will save me.

1712574529024.jpeg

I’m sort of glad I didn’t put my “ Free Pap Smears & Piggy Back Rides” sign out.😷

I was looking forward to it , but I can’t afford to go down the hole for nothing.
🫣

I have my glasses ready. I actually have a break between meetings at 3:30, so I'll step outside my door to look up.

I was going to take the 3 hour drive up toe northern NH/VT, but decided against it. I have to be home tonight anyway to sponsor a couple of guy who want to join one of the gun clubs I belong to.

I'm guessing there will also be a mini baby boom 9 months from now

At Cape Canaveral when rockets launch. The sea life surfaces, guess they say they vibrations from the rocket make them do odd stuff.

And here in North Texas where a few million people were expected...

Overcast @ 800ft. Rain expected ~1pm. Eclipse expected ~1:40pm...

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL...

But im still going to my neighbors eclipse party to eat his food and drink his booze.

I have my glasses ready. I actually have a break between meetings at 3:30, so I'll step outside my door to look up.

I was going to take the 3 hour drive up toe northern NH/VT, but decided against it. I have to be home tonight anyway to sponsor a couple of guy who want to join one of the gun clubs I belong to.

I'm guessing there will also be a mini baby boom 9 months from now
The town across from me is having a 200 couple mass wedding today so you may be correct regarding a mini boom. 😜

View attachment 8391223

^^^ this.. get your lazy asses back on the job.

Sirhr
Yep.

I remember there was one in 82 or 83 when I was in second grade. We looked out the window and noticed how dark it had become. My teacher let us know it was an eclipse and we went back to planting beans in milk cartons... Or whatever 2nd grader school crap kids did back then.

Mike

Looks like cloud-out in DFW, but downtown Dallas will have a drone show. Small chance of rain. I have an eye appt right at this time so probably better I can't see the eclipse anyway with dilated eyes.

The town across from me is having a 200 couple mass wedding today so you may be correct regarding a mini boom. 😜

If you are in the middle of the path of totality, the total eclipse will last for about 3.5 minutes. That's about 2 minutes longer than most people need. LOL.