• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Eclipse April 8. Totality will last 4 min 27 seconds.

Im2bent

Old Salt
Minuteman
  • Jun 30, 2020

Reactions: diverdon
    It's going to take place literally right over our house. We're part of the Ouachita Mtn range in SW Arkansas, and they think that some are going to want to be 4k ft higher to the action being in the mtns.

Getting here requires 60 miles of twisty, 2 lane roads thru the mtns no matter which direction you go. We've been warned to stock up on everything and plan to go nowhere for 3 days surrounding the eclipse.

Gonna be a clusterf*ck for first responders. Roads chocked full of cars and campers.

Prices for hotel rooms are insanely crazy and all have a 2 night minimum. People will spend thousands to see a 4 minute event.

These same people would think I'm crazy for spending 5 bucks on a fishing lure.

We won’t be at the exact center of the path of totality, but very close.

Close enough to take the week off work and maybe have a party/bbq...maybe do some human sacrifices, LoL

Last edited:
    Reactions: jrassy
    These same people would think I'm crazy for spending 5 bucks on a fishing lure.
    You are.
    Everyone knows a decent lure these days costs like $10 or so.
    Sure you can get cheap ones at Wally World for $5 but the hooks pull out if you catch anything decent.
    Don't even get me started on the big salt water shit that goes for $30-50 for a single lure.
    Did I mention my Penn International reel was over $700 ?

Shits outta hand.

Reactions: Mcrider55