• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

EGW base for my Savage MkII BTVS

Re: EGW base for my Savage MkII BTVS

I need to get off my butt and buy one. Nice pics folks, thanks for posting.

+1...

I stripped 2/4 trying to install my EGW base. Ended up hammering a larger square bit in to get 'em out

what is the thread size for the factory bolts that attach the supplied Weaver bases? I need to get some longer ones to attach a 1 piece base and can't figure out the thread pitch. Thanks

They're most probably 6-48. The EGW one piece mounts should have the correct screws with them. You can buy a package of replacement long screws at Brownell's. (1-800-741-0015. The stock number is 080-574-003AD for Weaver oval head. They're 3/4" long and you can dress them down to the correct length with a file. They come in a 12 pack so if you "screw" it up, you can try again. You said in your header that you have a EGW base but in the body of your message you say Weaver screws. Weaver uses an oval head which is the 080-574-003AD. If you want fillister head, use the 080-574-002AD. They had a free shipping deal going on last week if you order through the web.
grin.gif