• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Electronic earplugs

gau17

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 20, 2009
Valencia
Has anyone tried SoundGear electronic ear plugs? I'm wondering if they are any good. I have tried custom molded hearing protection before but the seal kept breaking when I tried to get a good cheek-weld. These look like they might provide a better seal.

http://www.soundgearhearing.com/

Re: Electronic earplugs

I would say if it's Starkey it's probably a good product

I have been using the ESP ear pro and it is hands down the best on the market.

I wear mine 4-6 hours a day and on weekends most of the time I have them in for 10 hours plus.

The sound clarity is awesome. The fit is comfortable.

Well worth the price.

I have been considering these for a while. Do you have the analog or digital Ear Pro? Which model? The digitals start at $1600 and the Analog is $900. sounds like you are very satisfied.

I also use the Stealths!!

Stealths for me too. Been using them for two + years.

Something to think about if you go this route: the quality of your molds. I tended to partially dislodge the right ear plug with my cheek weld on some of my rifles. I discussed this with Jack at ESP who advised me to get a new set of molds that included what he called the second bend in the ear canal (apparently that's a little deeper than usual). He rebuilt my plugs with the new mold and Voila all fixed. The plugs never move regardless of what I do and provide absolutely great sound protection. He also advised the molds be made "mouth open" for an optimal fit (your audiologist should know).

Hope this helps. The plugs really are terrific

I thought $800 was pricey for ear plugs. $2,100 is a little over the top, isn't it? I can't seem to find an NRR rating anywhere. How much do they attenuate?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NOMAD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have been using the ESP ear pro and it is hands down the best on the market.

I wear mine 4-6 hours a day and on weekends most of the time I have them in for 10 hours plus.

The sound clarity is awesome. The fit is comfortable.

Well worth the price.
</div></div>

I have tried custom molded electronic hearing protection before. I could not keep the seal when trying to get a good cheek-weld.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Speeddog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He also advised the molds be made "mouth open" for an optimal fit (your audiologist should know).

Hope this helps. The plugs really are terrific </div></div>

I had molds done 3 different times. One of them was with my mouth open.

Gau: talk to Jack.

Per my note above I had that problem with my first set; the new molds that lead to plugs with deeper engagement in my otic canal did the trick.