• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Element optics VS Arken optics

Kms33kms

P=
Minuteman
Dec 31, 2020
Tennessee
I’m in process of building a custom rifle. I understand a lot of people like to spend over $1,500 for a scope , however I find the vortex venom ($499) on my bergara premier to do the job just well. Maybe one day I can afford a better optic , but for now for this custom rifle , I come across a scope earlier I had never heard of , Element optics TITAN ($799) and I had also been researching the Arken EP5 ($569) , I always hear good things about the Arken due it’s low price point , does anybody here have any experience with both of these scopes to tell me which they prefer? Also for around the same price I can maybe even get a Vortex Strike Eagle or possibly a Vortex Viper PST GEN II. So yea for under $1,000 , which do y’all think is best choice of optic for the price?

I’m in process of building a custom rifle. I understand a lot of people like to spend over $1,500 for a scope , however I find the vortex venom ($499) on my bergara premier to do the job just well. Maybe one day I can afford a better optic , but for now for this custom rifle , I come across a scope earlier I had never heard of , Element optics TITAN ($799) and I had also been researching the Arken EP5 ($569) , I always hear good things about the Arken due it’s low price point , does anybody here have any experience with both of these scopes to tell me which they prefer? Also for around the same price I can maybe even get a Vortex Strike Eagle or possibly a Vortex Viper PST GEN II. So yea for under $1,000 , which do y’all think is best choice of optic for the price?
I've never even heard of Element scopes, so no idea... I have had an Arken EP5 for almost a year now. I also have a Strike Eagle 5-25x56, and have done a TON of side-by-side comparison between it and my EP5. I've also compared it to a PST Gen2 5-25x50 at the range, that belonged to someone else.

The EP5 (the one I have anyway 🤷🏼) has better glass than my Strike Eagle 5-25x56 EBR-7C. But they both are great budget scopes. The PST Gen2 that we compared my EP5 next to, was on par with each other optically. None of the guys there had ever heard of Arken, so there was no bias with them. They assumed the EP5 had a similar (a couple of them said higher) price tag than the PST Gen2, because of how the turrets felt, the weight (robustness) and the glass quality of it. When I told them how much the EP5 retailed for, they all pulled out their phones and bookmarked the site.

I have no affiliation with any optics companies, just reporting what happened at the range several months back. Take the information how you will, decide for yourself how to spend your money.

Reactions: Screach and DIBBS
I've never even heard of Element scopes, so no idea... I have had an Arken EP5 for almost a year now. I also have a Strike Eagle 5-25x56, and have done a TON of side-by-side comparison between it and my EP5. I've also compared it to a PST Gen2 5-25x50 at the range, that belonged to someone else.

The EP5 (the one I have anyway 🤷🏼) has better glass than my Strike Eagle 5-25x56 EBR-7C. But they both are great budget scopes. The PST Gen2 that we compared my EP5 next to, was on par with each other optically. None of the guys there had ever heard of Arken, so there was no bias with them. They assumed the EP5 had a similar (a couple of them said higher) price tag than the PST Gen2, because of how the turrets felt, the weight (robustness) and the glass quality of it. When I told them how much the EP5 retailed for, they all pulled out their phones and bookmarked the site.

I have no affiliation with any optics companies, just reporting what happened at the range several months back. Take the information how you will, decide for yourself how to spend your money.
Yea this adds to the several good stories I’ve heard from them , and at the price point I could get a good set of scope rings with it for the same price as the strike Eagle Thanks man

Yea this adds to the several good stories I’ve heard from them , and at the price point I could get a good set of scope rings with it for the same price as the strike Eagle Thanks man
All things being said, the Arken rings are pretty good for the money... But If you want rock-solid...I'd opt for spending a little extra and getting a set of Seekins Precision 34mm rings for about $150. WELL worth the upgrade, because they're precisely built, and built like a tank.

If you're running a short-action, you can get away with the Low 0.92" height rings, but long actions will require taller rings, probably Mediums 1.00" height.

Reactions: Kms33kms
The EP5 is on sale right now and you’ll be able to get that price back out of it if you don’t like it…but I bet you will. I have several and the price range you’re in they’re probably unbeatable. No questions warranty and they pay for shipping so that’s a huge plus. The Titan is a good scope I think but a lot more $. I agree with the Seekins rings. Hard to beat. They’re in the PX frequently for $120

Ok thanks fellas. And yea I use those seekins rings on my bergara premier 6.5 prc and vortex venom scope. Love them

Reactions: FuhQ
I have a little mileage with Arken, but not a lot. I ahve SH4 Gen2 and like it. I have a LOT of mileage with Element scopes and currently have three on hand: 5-24x50 Helix FFP, 3-18x50 Titan and 5-20x50 Nexus. Element scopes tend to track and I know they require their OEMs to stick to tighter mechanical tracking tolerances than most other companies operating in the same price range.

ILya

I have an Element Titan 5-25X56 FFP MIL I bought Used/as new from a member here.
For the dollars, even retail, it is worth it (I paid less).
It is big and heavy.
Not as clear as the Bushnell XRS-2 I bought for the wife but close.
Some seem to think of the Titan as an air rifle scope, probably because it's rated for springers.

My "Clarity" qualifier is I want to actually see an "X "in the middle of the F-class 600yd target, not just where is should be :)

Last edited:
I don’t have any experience with the Element optics, however, I have had the Arken SH-4 for about a year now and it easily out performs my Leupold Mark 4 in every regard save weight. The glass is crystal clear and I was able to spot a majority of my impacts at my last PRS match. I was absolutely shocked at how high quality the glass is and the turrets seem to track flawlessly.

My only complaint is the weight is quite a bit more than other optics I’ve used. They currently have a sale going I believe and I don’t think you’ll find better value for the money in an optic right now. Best of luck man!

0C7A9CC6-FFD1-4EE6-ACD5-11DEC49AE6BD.jpeg

Pulled the trigger on the black Friday deals. Think it'll end up on my Grendel. Looks like a beefed up version of the old Vortex PST scopes.
They are definitely NOT a beefed-up version of a Vortex PST. Not even remotely similar in size, shape, design, etc...

This is going to piss of the haters, and those with shitty reading comprehension... But, having owned 4 of them for over a year now, and a 5th on order... I've spent a LOT of time with Arken scopes. If anything, they are essentially a Chinese-made Nightforce knockoff. And some even have pretty good Japanese ED glass (EP & EPL series) in them.

*** Note *** Before everyone gets their fanboy panties in a wad... I did NOT say they were the same thing, nor did I insinuate they were even remotely on the same quality level. I simply said that everything about them physically, the design, the weight, the robustness, the turrets, etc... REMINDS ME of a knockoff of a Nightforce ATACR.

They are definitely NOT a beefed-up version of a Vortex PST. Not even remotely similar in size, shape, design, etc...

This is going to piss of the haters, and those with shitty reading comprehension... But, having owned 4 of them for over a year now, and a 5th on order... I've spent a LOT of time with Arken scopes. If anything, they are essentially a Chinese-made Nightforce knockoff. And some even have pretty good Japanese ED glass (EP & EPL series) in them.

*** Note *** Before everyone gets their fanboy panties in a wad... I did NOT say they were the same thing, nor did I insinuate they were even remotely on the same quality level. I simply said that everything about them physically, the design, the weight, the robustness, the turrets, etc... REMINDS ME of a knockoff of a Nightforce ATACR.
So In your opinion would you say the Arken ep5 is the best scope and value for all of them under $1,000?

So In your opinion would you say the Arken ep5 is the best scope and value for all of them under $1,000?
No idea on the Element scopes...As I've never heard of them until this thread...

But as far as the Strike Eagle and PST Gen2 vs. the EP5... Under $1,000 in the budget tactical (heavy) scope category... Yeah, the EP5 is probably the heaviest hitter from my experience, when it comes to features, glass, and overall value. And I'm not being biased, I have no affiliation with any company. I benefit absolutely ZERO whether someone buys, or doesn't buy something I recommend or discuss. I also don't recommend things that I either don't own myself, or wouldn't spend my own money on. That would make me a shill or a hypocrite, and I'm neither.

I have a new EPL4 6-24x50 VHR MIL on the way, as well. I'm hoping they will get them shipped-out soon, as it's been 3 weeks of the 2-4 week lead time.

I also just bought a new Zeiss Conquest V4 6-24x50 ZMOA-1 scope with the exposed elevation turret and capped windage turret for my CA Ridgeline .280 Ackley. I found them for a "one time only" sale brand new for $750 (retail is $1,200). I couldn't pass that up. It's more of a lightweight hunting scope, than a tactical scope, so I wouldn't even put it in the same category as what we're comparing here. But if you're interested in one of these for a really nice hunting scope, I can post the link.

Reactions: Kms33kms
It depends on how much you want to spend. Full disclosure, I like Vortex products. The most recent recording breaking shot was with the Vortex Razor Gen III 6-36X56 on a very large and canted rail.

Of the brands you have mentioned, you could see the reviews of Joe Rea (Cyclops on youtube.) However, remember, he is an affiliate of Arken. That being said, they make a decent scope at a very affordable price. You will need Vibra-Tite 122 or VC-3 to keep the set screws from backing out. My turret covers can spin after a while and the techs at Arken suggested that threadlocker.

Well @FuhQ with BF I decided to drop my toe in the Arken pool and ordered a SH4 6-24x40 to give a try. Figured I would try it on a couple recreational rifles and compare it to a few other scopes I have and see how it stacks up. It's all on you so we will see. ;)

It depends on how much you want to spend. Full disclosure, I like Vortex products. The most recent recording breaking shot was with the Vortex Razor Gen III 6-36X56 on a very large and canted rail.

Of the brands you have mentioned, you could see the reviews of Joe Rea (Cyclops on youtube.) However, remember, he is an affiliate of Arken. That being said, they make a decent scope at a very affordable price. You will need Vibra-Tite 122 or VC-3 to keep the set screws from backing out. My turret covers can spin after a while and the techs at Arken suggested that threadlocker.
I googled what set screws you were talking about and it showed tiny little screw on the outside of the turrets. Is that what you unscrew to take the turret caps off? If they held with loctite (or whatever brand) then how would I unscrew them if I needed to take the turret caps off? sory for my ignorance

Reactions: Ronws
Well @FuhQ with BF I decided to drop my toe in the Arken pool and ordered a SH4 6-24x40 to give a try. Figured I would try it on a couple recreational rifles and compare it to a few other scopes I have and see how it stacks up. It's all on you so we will see. ;)
None of my 3 SH4’s are bad. But, knowing what scopes you’re used to, I would have opted for the EP5 with the Japanese ED glass… It is noticeably better in clarity and brightness than the SH4 glass. I feel you would be more impressed with the EP5, honestly.

Reactions: Screach
None of my 3 SH4’s are bad. But, knowing what scopes you’re used to, I would have opted for the EP5 with the Japanese ED glass… It is noticeably better in clarity and brightness than the SH4 glass.

We will see. I wanted to keep it cheap so went SH4. It will be on play rifles so not overly concerned. Won't put it against high end but similar priced optics.

I ordered the sh4 4-16 but I emailed them just now to cancel it. I think I'll probably be happier with the 5-25 for coyote hunting.

We will see. I wanted to keep it cheap so went SH4. It will be on play rifles so not overly concerned. Won't put it against high end but similar priced optics.
You will definitely be impressed with the turrets, ZS, and the overall robustness of the optic. They are built like tanks. If you get a really good one, you’ll be impressed with how smooth the magnification ring and parallax adjustments are for a scope in this price range.

Honestly, I’d say compare the SH4 to scopes in the $750 or less category, and the EP5 to the $500-$1,000 or less category.

Reactions: Rob01 and Kms33kms
I’ve ran the element helix, titan and nexus. I still
Own a titan and nexus. I’ve used 3 different titans, and 2 different nexus and just the 1 helix. These scopes are legit competitors! The helix I think might be one of the best sub 500 scopes. Zero stop, tooless rezero, decent reticle, tracks perfect and glass is decent.

The titan has been bullet proof. I have over 12,000 rounds with the titan. Ran it hard in 22 prs as well as had it on my 260 rem and 6bra for a while. It has tracked well, handled all sorts of conditions including torrential down pour from the outskirts of a tornado during a match and hasn’t skipped a beat. These are great scopes and well worth the consideration.

I googled what set screws you were talking about and it showed tiny little screw on the outside of the turrets. Is that what you unscrew to take the turret caps off? If they held with loctite (or whatever brand) then how would I unscrew them if I needed to take the turret caps off? sory for my ignorance
Yes, those allen-headed set screws. The tech support suggest that Vibra Tite VC-3 or 122 are designed to work with scopes and such. They can hold the screw in the process of recoil. The recommend it over loctite, which can dry and crack. You are going to have screws work loose. Even on ring mounts. Either you have to check torque every time or some kind of compound that holds the set screw in place. So, I am going to give that a try. I have some being delivered but the real test is to put it back on my rifle and run through 49 rounds of 165 grain and then see how it does.

I realize this is an old thread but whenever considering buying Element Optics brand always but on sale like $550 for the Titan 5-25x56, $540 3-18x Titan, $250 Helix 6-24x50 SFP, $318 FFP Helix 6-24x50, $307 Helix FFP 4-16x44, $999 Nexus 5-20x50, $1979 Theos 6-36x56 or even for free or at least half price by agreeing to post a favorable review and shill for the brand that some dealers offer. The Vortex Venom also can be purchased whenever they go on sale for $399 from places like DVOR and Focus Camera or even cheaper if you are in law enforcement or military or outdoor lines of work to join Expert Voice for 40% - 70% off.