• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

ELR Bullet drop computer

AJK07

Private
Minuteman
Sep 8, 2013
North Dakota
I am looking at purchasing a dedicated long range computer. I currently have Ballistic AE on iPhone any suggestions appreciated

It may be helpful to let folks know your budget. The software and hardware recommendations can range from $10 to $2000.

I use Field Firing Solutions on a Pharos 565. The program is excellent for ELR, and the Pharos is affordable, yet has bluetooth and an accurate GPS.

Last edited:
I can recommend a Kestrel running Applied Ballistics as well - then you get environmental data + wind + ballistics calculator, then just need to add range. And its usually less expensive than FFS + Nomad or other rugged PDA.

They are both better, far more robust.

I have been running the AB Kestrel alongside Coldbore using a Windows Phone. (CB syncs to a desktop, PDA, and Phone ) and while the Elevation for both are very good, I find the wind calls not matching up as well with the AB Kestrel. Something in its wind calculations are lacking. Both CB & FFS have been used by many ( including me) to distances beyond 2000m with stellar results.

In my opinion, Pesja based solutions beat Point Mass every time.

ELR Bullet drop computer

Nomad (with GPS), running FFS, slaved to a Kestrel and connected by cable to a Vector 21.