• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

elr monsters

badassgunworks

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
Dec 25, 2018
New elr monsters and one old one. cartridges listed from rt to lt 375 Mercenary , 420 Blitzkrieg, 416 colossus and the 458 Goliath the 2nd photo is the Goliath next to a 243 wssm improved. Care to take a guess where the design came from ???? lol. Here in a few weeks we will post all our new elr cartridges and the action that are needed to run them the colossus and Goliath are different in the case head internal design is a pressure and ignition management design that allows for higher pressure and the hotter you run the case the tighter the primer pocket gets. the ignition design allows you to run a standard magnum primer. with no delay in ignition

Attachments

• IMG_0412[1].JPG
    IMG_0412[1].JPG
    338.1 KB · Views: 1,170
  • IMG_0420[1].JPG
    IMG_0420[1].JPG
    298.5 KB · Views: 1,034
Hi,

Ahhh, nice to see pictures to highlight our phone call the other day!!
Looking great and cannot wait for some of the other projects :)

Sincerely,
Theis
more to soon follow. thanks buddy

Finished up the manufactoring of the 408 and 416 colossus 3 builds in the works with pierce 20x actions soon they will be done for testing

Attachments

• 20200314_144353.jpg
    20200314_144353.jpg
    362.4 KB · Views: 436
Last edited:
Also finished up some testing on the 400 warlord. SWAMPLORD will finalize the testing in several bullets and powders to get the most out of it. We hit a home run for sure. Already prelim testing and devlopment shows sd's in low numbers 6 fps on 10 shot strings and velocity 3185 fps with 450 grain badlands bullets g1 HIGHER THEN CUTTING EDGES 550 GRAIN 416 BULLETS so trajectory out performs the 416 barrett all out of a cheytac build this thing is still supersonic at 3500 yards at ko2m location

Supersonic at 3500yds. Jesus
What powder and amount for that speed with the 400Warlord?

Last edited:
Been lurking this thread since it started......can't wait for more updates

Also finished up some testing on the 400 warlord. SWAMPLORD will finalize the testing in several bullets and powders to get the most out of it. We hit a home run for sure. Already prelim testing and devlopment shows sd's in low numbers 6 fps on 10 shot strings and velocity 3185 fps with 450 grain badlands bullets g1 HIGHER THEN CUTTING EDGES 550 GRAIN 416 BULLETS so trajectory out performs the 416 barrett all out of a cheytac build this thing is still supersonic at 3500 yards at ko2m location

A little confused on this...

Are you talking 408, 416?

And this is out of a Cheytac sized action?

Last question, is the case rebated?

EDIT: One more...I don't see a 450gr on Badlands website. Is this a new offering that is coming out?

Reactions: Snipe260
The 400 Warlord uses .408 cal projectile. If I remember correctly it will run off a Cheytac action yes, albeit single shot due to length

A little confused on this...

Are you talking 408, 416?

And this is out of a Cheytac sized action?

Last question, is the case rebated?

EDIT: One more...I don't see a 450gr on Badlands website. Is this a new offering that is coming out?
The warlord is available in both 408 and 416 and yes it is designed as a single shot from a cheytac action yes its rebated a little about thr same percent as a 284 case. and yes badlands just has not updated his web sight yet the 450 grain bullets were designed for us but are available to the public. the 408 and 416 colossus is a different case it requires the use of the 2" pierce action 20x designed for us and the ex-nihilo case the 20x is also made for cheytac and bmg cases

How heavy duty is the 408 colossus? Top cartridge is cross section of prelim manufactured h20 conformation of the colossus prior to final design case head thickness on finished cartridge stays the same but internal shape is changed and of corse the flash while or primer pocket the 2nd cartridge is a 423 dakota from lapua, 3rd is the 33xc from Peterson, 4th 375 cheytac Peterson ,5th is the 585 nyati express from bertram. as you can clearly see the colossus is a whole lot stronger designed to be run way hotter and have longer life then the typical elr cartridge
20200421_003020.jpg

just to ask cause I know nothing about any of these rounds what type of distances are these rounds used for and what type of accuracy might you get with these rounds ?
just saw the mention of 3500 yards

Accuracy is what you make it. Your ability, quality of build inc trigger and scope quality of load devlopment etc. I can make a 7.62x39 in a bolt gun shoot on the .1's so with that. One whole 5 shot groups. As far as distance the colossus is supersonic past 4000 yards. The warlord is supersonic past 3500 yards. And they are the mild conservative cartridges in our lineup.So yes designed for elr shooting.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Dan Warner
have to wonder if all these rounds are based of an old .50 cal when they are going to stop playing in the kidy pond and move to the 25mm or larger
cause if a .50 is fun to shoot these have to be a hoot and a holler .
1593335829999.png

now that's a reach out and touch something round lol . And at 35 dollars per round It's a bargain if you get them before the curve catches up lol .

have to wonder if all these rounds are based of an old .50 cal when they are going to stop playing in the kidy pond and move to the 25mm or larger
cause if a .50 is fun to shoot these have to be a hoot and a holler .View attachment 7361235
now that's a reach out and touch something round lol . And at 35 dollars per round It's a bargain if you get them before the curve catches up lol .
No. None of our cartridges are based off the 50 caliber case. None of out cartridges have parents they are new manufactured designs way higher pressure limits then the 50 caliber.

In case any of you are wondering about the quality of brass life on the 400 Warlord. It has been fired 11 times no annealing and no trimming primer pockets are still tight. Even after the 11th shot was able take the empty put it back in the gun and close the bolt with no effort. My guess is case life will be 15 plus rounds we shall see.

I’m thinking the 400Warlord might be a future build.

what’s the minimum barrel length and optimal barrel length?

Jayzuss; that's ARTY!

Years back, at Cherry Ridge Range in NJ; I used to go on weekdays and have the 300yd range to myself. Well, almost to myself.

There was this one guy who built and was testing has own monster rifle, sometimes. It used a 20MM case necked down to 50cal, and a surplus 50BMG barrel. Or something a lot like one.

Problems.

He could not get it to run anywhere near a full case of powder; nothing was slow enough. Charcoal, maybe?

Muzzle flash was measurable in yards.

Recoil? Oh, My, God, Size. Big guy.

Not accurate. Not even a little. I think his scope was punch drunk.

I would set up on the far end of the line. Had to. It was LOUD! Scramble yer brains, kid, loud.

In distance, there can be safety; not from this one, though...

After a few session, nobody ever saw him again.

Greg

Last edited:
I would like to see how any of these work at an ELR match
It's simple you do the math 3250 feet per second Badlands 450 grain bullet has a b c 1.080 5 shot standard deviation of 0 feet per second. 20 shot standard deviation of 5 feet per second 3/8 Moa 5 shot group at 100 yards. With a bullet that transitions as good or better than any bullet on the market after that the only thing that's left is the shooter in his abilities

Last edited:
It's simple you do the math 3250 feet per second Badlands 450 grain bullet has a b c 1.080 5 shot standard deviation of 0 feet per second. 20 shot standard deviation of 5 feet per second 3/8 Moa 5 shot group at 100 yards. With a bullet that transitions as good or better than any bullet on the market after that the only thing that's left is the shooter in his abilities

have you did a ballistic comparison of the 400Warlord vs 416Warlord?

No not yet have not tested to 416 warlord one is being built by swamplord barrels are on order

Reactions: JB.IC
No not yet have not tested to 416 warlord one is being built by swamplord barrels are on order

You should talk to the guys at badlands about making a .408 cal bullet at or above 475gn just to see how much the BC can be improved upon and also to help with seeing splash.

Splash being the more important part.

For anyone interested in the 408 450gn Badlands bullet that isn’t listed on their website. G7 = 0.532 OAL = 2.310”

Last edited:
You should talk to the guys at badlands about making a .408 cal bullet at or above 475gn just to see how much the BC can be improved upon and also to help with seeing splash.

For anyone interested in the 408 450gn Badlands bullet that isn’t listed on their website. G7 = 0.560 OAL = 2.310”
He already works with the guys at Badlands 😉

Reactions: JB.IC
Reading this makes me want to dive into an ELR build

Any place where I can find consolidated info on these cartridges?

For anyone interested in the 408 450gn Badlands bullet that isn’t listed on their website. G7 = 0.560 OAL = 2.310”
The 475 grain badlands bullet already exist

Correction has been made to the G7 of the 450 Badlands posted above.

Here’s the 475gr Badlands
OAL 2.395"
G7 .563
10.5 twist required

They’re working on it. It’s slow going though. If you need some information, it’s best to call them.

I’ve been talking to them. That’s how I got the info posted above.

Reactions: Geno C.