• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

elr monsters

Chassis body and action less handguard barrel. To give idea of size

Attachments

• 20200902_160311.jpg
    20200902_160311.jpg
    471 KB · Views: 452
Chassis body and action less handguard barrel. To give idea of size
Just AWESOME!!

I am anxiously awaiting results, keep going with leading the way on these new revolutionary ideas.... I am fairly certain we will be looking back on your work and realize you took a different fork in the road of ELR and made history

Reactions: badassgunworks
What else would we expect with someone that has 6 fingers on their left hand ;) Look closely. Yuh know, bigg cartridges and all...

I think the giant Nephilim had the same thing going on :oops: :unsure:
Thats strange how it did that i never noticed it

• Haha
Reactions: steve123
Just AWESOME!!

I am anxiously awaiting results, keep going with leading the way on these new revolutionary ideas.... I am fairly certain we will be looking back on your work and realize you took a different fork in the road of ELR and made history
Strange new and different is kind of the target. Never been known to follow a normal path. Guys like Swamplord and I are always looking to advance the industry i guess thats why we are such great friends .

When is Beagle going to be making this available to the consumer?
Looks like an oversized Competition Machine Chassis ..nice work
What is the weight of that chassis and action setup?

Last edited:
Beagle ?? As in jbrc??? Authorization would need to come from my self sence i am the owner and designer of the cartridge the chassis is built by gary elieso designed for my self and pierce engerneering for the 20x any one could order one threw pierce engerneering or beagle could order one in any saami cartridge. Weight is about 16 lbs

I seen it. Pretty sure it was on YouTube. Can’t remember but the link is on lrh
Thanks jeff..... Never got to see your video interview where can it be seen is it on youtube

Here was a recent one from back in July but it was just a audio podcast interview from precision rifle media

The interview on ELR with Vortex a few years ago - I will warn you it’s 1.5 hours long but good.

Have fun

Reactions: jasent
I figured it was time for a update . Pressure testing and devlopment now on the 416 colossus. we are up to 3312 fps with 525 grain bullets from badlands. still have about 8 more grains of capacity before we are at 100 % case fill. We are using h-50 bmg powder. We have zero bolt lift issues . Once we are finish pressure testing this batch will switch to vv 24n42. My guess final performance levels will be around 3450 fps . We also will be testing rl50 and vv20n29. The 408 colossus is also in pressure test . more to follow. In the next few weeks

When you say pressure test, you are stressing the case, not the action ?

So you are carefully working up loads and checking results on brass, and repeating ?

When you say pressure test, you are stressing the case, not the action ?

So you are carefully working up loads and checking results on brass, and repeating ?

Looking for signs of any pressure that shows up not only in brass but action as well. Action May Show signs of boat lift and the brass may show some signs of expansion our primer slippage. The action was designed to handle up to a 125000 PSI operating pressures. We will most likely run out of capacity before any pressure show up using any of the BMG burn rate powders. The 416 Colossus has considerably more powder capacity than the 416 Barrett

Looking for signs of any pressure that shows up not only in brass but action as well. Action May Show signs of boat lift and the brass may show some signs of expansion our primer slippage. The action was designed to handle up to a 125000 PSI operating pressures. We will most likely run out of capacity before any pressure show up using any of the BMG burn rate powders. The 416 Colossus has considerably more powder capacity than the 416 Barrett
Why not just use a strain gauge method.

Strain gauge is "quicker and cheaper". Still accurate, just not as much finesse.

125,032.175psi VS 125,000 +/- 50psi as a result. In the grand scheme of things, yes one is more accurate, but you don't need to know the length of your pee-pee down to the micron. Plus or minus is fine.

Reactions: jafo96
Action was proofed to 125,000 just not on this cartridge during manufactoring stage
sounds good...just prying for information

do you have access to the software models or access to the process they used to push it that far?

would be cool to see

what bolt face was the testing performed on?

as you already know 125k on a 308 bolt face is not in same universe of 125k on a 50 bmg bolt face

thanks

Strain gauge is "quicker and cheaper". Still accurate, just not as much finesse.

125,032.175psi VS 125,000 +/- 50psi as a result. In the grand scheme of things, yes one is more accurate, but you don't need to know the length of your pee-pee down to the micron. Plus or minus is fine.
wasnt questioning the accuracy of the 2 styles, just what technology was used

Reactions: iceng
Pearce engineering designed the action mark is using if I remember correctly
Correct the pierce 20x was desighed by john pierce and myself designed for the 420 blitzkrieg case (ex-nihilo) rim diamiter cases rim diamiter is .700 in diamiter. That includes 375 Mars, 408 colossus,416 colossus, 420 enforcer ,420 blitzkrieg, etc

Hi,

Actually the strain gauge method is all but useless for anything past 85k; unless you have a different type of system than the most common one of Pressure Trace.

Curious myself as to how it was proofed to 125k without Piezo or strain gauge. Definitely interested to see what kind of dynamic simulation software that was possibly used.

Sincerely,
Theis

Reactions: badassgunworks
Hi,

Actually the strain gauge method is all but useless for anything past 85k; unless you have a different type of system than the most common one of Pressure Trace.

Curious myself as to how it was proofed to 125k without Piezo or strain gauge. Definitely interested to see what kind of dynamic simulation software that was possibly used.

Sincerely,
Theis
I will end up piezo testing myself at some point in time. Its the only method i truse is correct. But in reality it does not matter when your already the fastest 416 on the market with no bolt lift issues who cares and we are not even close to being finished

Last edited:
We went with final load devloped just over 3300 fps was able to just reach 3400 fpsbut started to notice bolt lift showing up using 206 grains of h50 bmg powder load was devloped at 98 degrees in south texas. 17 shot standard deviation of 5fps all 17 shots were touching vertical string was under .750 on the 17 shots first 6 shots were .300. 525 grain badlands bullet

How’s your shoulder feel after 20 rounds of that cannon

Heavy gun also helps. Heavy barrel, heavy stock, heavy scope, brake.. makes for a good range day.

Our latest evolution for the Colossal series cases as a new action that is a repeater and currently designing and making the prototype detachable boxes to run all of the Colossus cases for all of the different calibers

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210704-085304_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210704-085304_Chrome.jpg
    319.1 KB · Views: 167
I figured you’d want to keep the action as intact as possible for max strength and registry.
Don’t think many guys are shooting those cannons rapid fire lol

I figured you’d want to keep the action as intact as possible for max strength and registry.
Don’t think many guys are shooting those cannons rapid fire lol
Trust me it's a very stiff strong huge action

at badassgunworks
Can I shoot the 416 colossus with the 20x action or the 15x action at 3350 or 3400 fps? Or does it stay at a maximum of 3300 fps?

Sorry for my english
Im from Germany

at badassgunworks
Can I shoot the 416 colossus with the 20x action or the 15x action at 3350 or 3400 fps? Or does it stay at a maximum of 3300 fps?

Sorry for my english
Im from Germany
The 416 colossus can be used on both the 15x or 20x. The 15x is a longer action that is mag feed. Velocity depends on your barrel and and how long and what power your running and what bullets. 3300 is on slow end with heavy bullets. High end is well over 3500 fps with longer barrels and lighter bullets. Once all final testing pressure tests and saami and cip is in place the cartridge status will most likly go from propriatory to public . But that will be some time before that happens . Intill then any and all builds must go threw myself and pierce engerneering. As reamers are locked in as propriatory and so is brass. And can not be purchased with out my approval.

At Badassgunworks
Thanks for the answer. 3300 to 3500 fps is incredibly good. I am happy to see what is still possible.

What kind of bipod is on the pics
The upper portion of the legs and pads are from utg pro the lower legs And bridge and joints i made. Its a Frankenstein bipod of my sick design. Very wide very stable in my openion the best folding bipod on the market. I will be building more in the future and marketing them. At its widest point feet are 22" apart

Last edited: