• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bruiser_Joe

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 22, 2009
Hell
Emerson Knives | Modern Service Weapons

I remember growing up watching my grandfather pull out his Case pocket knife regularly to do any myriad of tasks. I remember getting my first pocket knife and carrying it with me everywhere I was allowed and some places I wasn’t. A knife in your pocket just becomes part of your routine, just like carrying a wallet or your car keys. Fast forward to joining the military and getting to my first command, I was introduced to Emerson knives. Half my platoon seemed to carry them, all well worn and treated like prized possessions. Of course wanting to emulate my mentors I purchased my first Emerson knife about eight years ago and haven’t looked back. I have been issued, carried and used knives from just about every quality manufacturer out there, each one making its way into my pocket for a short time only to be replaced by an Emerson again.

Known as one of the elite hard-use knives on the market, Ernest Emerson started Emerson knives in 1979 and since the company has grown to its current state. Offering a large variety of different size and style folding and fixed blade knives, Emerson’s style shows their intent for their knives to be used with their black handles and basic finish options. While Ernest still makes full custom knives, the company focuses on their factory offerings. Emerson also runs a training center for self defense both with knives and without. Another thing emerson is known for is their patented “wave” feature, which is a hook on top of the blade allowing for one handed opening when drawing from a pocket or pouch. All their factory offerings feature G10 epoxy handles, 154cm steel blades and Titanium locks. Finishes offered are black and satin blades with most models being offered in serrated and non serrated versions. Recent developments has led Emerson to do a Multi-tool as well called the EDC, adding to their line and offering another great option to the market owned by Leatherman, SOG and Gerber.

I have owned at least six different emerson knives in the last eight years, sadly losing a couple over time. Currently I’m running a CQC7 and CQC8 with black blades on a regular rotation depending what i’m doing. The CQC7 is a medium sized tanto folding knife and the smallest of my Emersons but seems to be the one I tend to carry the most. Their slim profile allows for very comfortable daily carry. This is a big thing for me as many “hard use” knives on today’s market seem to be built so if you attached a chain to them you could use them as a boat anchor. This is not the case with Emersons, even their larger models are slim and fairly light making daily carry painless. I cannot say enough good things about their customer service, always being treated amazingly well. I will never say a company is the ONLY way to go but an Emerson Knife will be a regular companion of mine for the foreseeable future. New “high speed” knives come to the market regularly touting feature or options that nobody even knew they needed. The true test is to put out a product that lasts and built for a very demanding end user. Emerson has been and will continue to be used by the worlds elite military and law enforcement units for that reason.For more information:Emerson Knives Inc. | The Number One Hard Use Knives In the WorldEmerson Knives Inc.

Emerson makes great knives; I wish they would make a Karambit handle knife with a straight edge like their snubby knife blade. That would be the ultimate knife in my opinion.

I've got a Micro commander (sn 009 for those who find that kind of thing interesting) and a folding karambit (also an early one, 269 or something like that). In the little I've dabbled with knife training, not much short of an auto is faster or more of an attention grabber than the wave.

Plus one on the Emerson knife. Don't know what model I have but it's about 12 years old, and performs better than any other knife I have used. It has a single bevel edge, and scary serrations. I am amazed that I can field dress a deer, ribs like butter and even splitting the pelvic bones.
I will always own at least one Emerson folding knife.

I agree, they are very hard to beat for the money. I have owned a few over the years an have never been let down. I also like buying from a company that is headed up by a guy as good as Ernie. I have honestly never met the man in person but from those that have and what I have read he seems like a good shit.

Joe I enjoyed the article as always, good job. Thanks! Stay safe.

Thanx guys gives me something to do when i have have some time. If you like em i'll keep posting em.

i love emersons with the wave feature. its like an auto opener, super fast out of your pocket. i have two the commander and the super commander. i would recomend those, they are pretty middle of the road and work great.