• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

End Times Busted for a Meme

Eh, this complaint looks like it was written by someone just out of law school with an FBI agent that looks like he's mad he got beat up a lot in school.

This does not have any real chance or prosecution -- it's political posturing at best. My guess is there is an attorney behind this who is hopeful of some kind of political future and wants persecution on his or her resume. They'll put on a media show and then beg for a plea deal and if they can't get that they'll drop it quietly on a Friday.

The basic premise of this case appears to be that if you have the intent to influence people to not vote that you are committing a crime, and further this person conspired with others to do this on a large scale. While there is a statute there, which is cited in the complaint -- to argue a meme published by a media personality meets that threshold is more than a stretch.

Focus is given to the persons following and level of influence, suggesting this attorney feels that some speech is protected but speech by those with a louder voice is not.

Should this lead to a conviction, the case would be cited in the prosecution of probably every mainstream journalist leading up to the 2020 election. I don't see this thing getting any traction, really. But, who am I to say...

except it's out of the Eastern District of NY

Assistant U.S. Attorneys Erik Paulsen and Nathan Reilly of the Eastern District of New York, and Trial Attorney James Mann of the Criminal Division’s Public Integrity Section are prosecuting the case.

Hopefully, this case gets shot to hell in court, assuming the judge has an IQ greater than his/her shoe size. When not in Bizarro world, i dont even know if this would even make it to trial. I hope it does, gets burned to the ground, and used as precedent for any future bullshit charges like this one.

1. Kudos for Uranus references . Neil Degrasse Tyson is proud .
2. What in the Retard Kabuki , thalidomide drinkin , I didn't inhale alternate universe . Meme Nazis , Dafug .
And on a serious note yeah I've been telling friends that we may not go full commie but we will sure as hell look like England sooner than later .
Looks like sooner is here .
Skillful use of Uranus . Rock on .

The more they over-reach with their ill focused enforcement "in the name of national security", the more any citizens with a sense of reality will be pissed off. In their new found boldness the new administration and Congress are turning up the stupid while at the same time watching for anyone squirming.

Citizens (myself included) will feel even more threatened by the very system that is supposed to protect individual liberties and freedoms.

As accurately stated by others above, when the media is steered to paint any person, group, etc. as a threatening the country and then have every tentacle of the DOJ work seamlessly with them to remove said person, group, etc. from the equation, we have a serious problem.

Pretty much any hint of someone thinking, speaking or writing any criticism of the system or dissent in general will bring the focus sharply on themselves. In all of their wokeness, the masses are on their way to being programmed to turn in anyone not complying. Who wants to be made an example of?.....

Seemingly they are ramping up the amount of radical executive orders and laws while simultaneously ramping up the suppression of any voices attempting to counter or question. . . . . . Must be what it's like to be gagged and raped. . . . . You have little means to stop it and you sure can't scream for help..

Truly a treacherous slope.

./

Is Mars ready for colonization yet? Earth is done for. :(
This is what our ancestors did to flee the bullshit of European life. They risked the unknown. The true unknown. A sea filled with monsters, dehydration, starvation, and certain death. Despite all of that, they decided to risk it all rather than to continue living in Europe.

Well a Judge just said what Virginia did before the Election was illegal and that they can't "do it anymore"

He waited until after to rule,

Reactions: BLKWLFK9
The left can't meme,So they throw people in jail.

1611786157211.png

The only thing I can think of that might be at play here is that the guy was acting as part of a larger group who were receiving specific direction from some nefarious entity. Historically, the feds don’t like to indict cases that are not slam dunks. This seems like a case that would be easy enough to, at a minimum, hang a jury up, even in New York. The bad thing is that the case will die a quiet death and we will probably never know what comes of it.

Even better, if you did text the number, you got a text back telling you it was not valid.

Going to be interesting trying to show intent.

Section 241, Title 18 civil rights conspiracy statute makes it unlawful for two or more persons to agree together to injure, threaten, intimidate a person in any state, territory or district in the free exercise or enjoyment of any right or privilege secured by the Constitution

Section 241, Title 18 civil rights conspiracy statute makes it unlawful for two or more persons to agree together to injure, threaten, intimidate a person in any state, territory or district in the free exercise or enjoyment of any right or privilege secured by the Constitution
Does it have a private right of action? Or do you need to wait for some gov't hump to bring it on your behalf?

I have no idea, not a lawyer

• Section 241 of Title 18 is the civil rights conspiracy statute. Section 241 makes it unlawful for two or more persons to agree together to injure, threaten, or intimidate a person in any state, territory or district in the free exercise or enjoyment of any right or privilege secured to him/her by the Constitution or the laws of the Unites States, (or because of his/her having exercised the same). Unlike most conspiracy statutes, Section 241 does not require that one of the conspirators commit an overt act prior to the conspiracy becoming a crime.
    The offense is punishable by a range of imprisonment up to a life term or the death penalty, depending upon the circumstances of the crime, and the resulting injury, if any.
TITLE 18, U.S.C., SECTION 241

• If two or more persons conspire to injure, oppress, threaten, or intimidate any person in any State, Territory, Commonwealth, Possession, or District in the free exercise or enjoyment of any right or privilege secured to him by the Constitution or laws of the United States, or because of his having so exercised the same;...
    They shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both; and if death results from the acts committed in violation of this section or if such acts include kidnapping or an attempt to kidnap, aggravated sexual abuse or an attempt to commit aggravated sexual abuse, or an attempt to kill, they shall be fined under this title or imprisoned for any term of years or for life, or both, or may be sentenced to death.

When they were ripping cops for "qualified immunity" my question was why do politicians/DAs enjoy QI when they make an unconstitutional law with the assumption "Well than get your bank account and sue me motherfucker!"

They should be personally liable for civil rights violations but never seem to be.

• Love
Reactions: myronman3 and lash
So, basically the joke is, I’m guessing, that it’s funny that some people are so stupid that they actually think it’s valid to vote via text.

So, if this statute were to be enforced equally, the interwebs could find many other examples of jokes along the same lines involving “rights” that were not prosecuted and clown these people endlessly for the hacks they are

I think the Communists are pissed that by putting the meme out there it prematurely exposed the absurdity of their next election scam.

They have the receipts of both sides doing exactly the same thing

It probably won't matter until he goes to court, but they are locating all the tweets and memes that copied his, and finding some funny ones across the aisle.

I saw one, a Liberal chick dressed in Trump stuff doing the exact same thing, it will turn out to be 100s on both sides.

I don't think this will end well for them, but you really can't say that when they can court shop, easy to find a sympathetic ear today among Judges

Reactions: lash
That is the bitch, the slant on the courts,

But clearly we were being protected just nobody every tried using it that I know of ...

A group like MOMS/Everytown clearly violates this statue

Double injury to the plaintiff if the gov is the other litigant.

They must fight to maintain a recognized right with their money....

Than.......

If they win and there are damages it's their money again in the form of taxes that pays the award.

Carter Page is going to get millions for his rights being violated. That will come out of your pocket, my pocket and even @Maser will be paying.

Reactions: lash
They have the receipts of both sides doing exactly the same thing

It probably won't matter until he goes to court, but they are locating all the tweets and memes that copied his, and finding some funny ones across the aisle.

I saw one, a Liberal chick dressed in Trump stuff doing the exact same thing, it will turn out to be 100s on both sides.

I don't think this will end well for them, but you really can't say that when they can court shop, easy to find a sympathetic ear today among Judges
Dude, look at the Dems advertising in Georgia about voting for Trump for Senate in the runoffs as a write it.

The bottom line is that the rules aren't fairly applied, and that goes quadruple when looking at anything that could be seen as a civil rights violation. But this can't be a surprise to anybody by now. It isn't going to get better, either. The answer, as always, is to channel it into strategy, not stupidity, which we have not proven ourselves good at doing.

My only thinking with this being a Criminal thing

The government has to enforce it, we can't say, MOMS is conspiracying to deprive me of my Constitutional Rights via their Anti 2A campaigns, I think the .gov Types have to go after them

I could be wrong, not a lawyer, that individuals can use this

My only thinking with this being a Criminal thing

The government has to enforce it, we can't say, MOMS is conspiracying to deprive me of my Constitutional Rights via their Anti 2A campaigns, I think the .gov Types have to go after them

I could be wrong, not a lawyer, that individuals can use this
I'm pretty sure that an individual can sue for deprivation of civil rights. I am not sure if the defendants are limited, though. I think you would likely have to find a colluding official. It is hard to imagine a court doing the right thing in such a suit. If one does, it would only be the Supreme Court, after a lot of litigation $$$. Nobody else is going to stick their neck out to create a precedent like that.

^^^ Basically, with such a suit you would need to have air tight everything as far as standing, harms etc, because every court in the nation would be looking to not decide such a case on its merits and to dismiss it because of an ancillary issue.

He created a MEME,

He did nothing but made comical memes that said Vote for Hillary via Text and other stupid shit

He was just a meme machine and they busted because his work went viral
I shared a similar meme in 2016, of course knowing it was a joke. It lied dormant for four years and nobody cared. It was something like "Democrats are encouraged to vote by text and Republicans can go to the polls in order to avoid conflicts."
I reposted it a couple of days prior to the last election and was algo- banned in a split second.

Banning is one thing, but criminal charges is insane.

Reactions: Barneybdb and lash
I shared a similar meme in 2016, of course knowing it was a joke. It lied dormant for four years and nobody cared. It was something like "Democrats are encouraged to vote by text and Republicans can go to the polls in order to avoid conflicts."
I reposted it a couple of days prior to the last election and was algo- banned in a split second.

Banning is one thing, but criminal charges is insane.
Bernie is coming for you... :)

Reactions: Barneybdb
The government doing what they do. Intimidating the populace into compliance. They make the headlines and the citizen empties his bank account to fight for his rights. The government will eventually drop the charge before any solid ruling by the courts.
Ask Gen Flynn how it works. You lose your job, house, cars and probably family and the entire time you are innocent.
It's enough to scare anyone from encroaching the line.
Do you think there's anyone willing to endore what Trump and his family just went through?
So much for a government of the people for the people

Reactions: gunman_7 and lash
Dude, look at the Dems advertising in Georgia about voting for Trump for Senate in the runoffs as a write it.

The bottom line is that the rules aren't fairly applied, and that goes quadruple when looking at anything that could be seen as a civil rights violation. But this can't be a surprise to anybody by now. It isn't going to get better, either. The answer, as always, is to channel it into strategy, not stupidity, which we have not proven ourselves good at doing.

Dems also promised $2000 checks...........quid pro quo no?