• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Eotech Repair Service

AlphaThree

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 15, 2020
I have a 2012 Eotech XPS2-0 that is experiencing some reticle fading/lack of clarity. Eotech said they would repair or update it for $79. Has anyone ever paid the $79 non-warranty fee for service or repair? Did it fix the problem?

I am really looking to sell the XPS in the long run But I want to ensure it’s fully functional before I try to do so.

This is not a Eotech thermal drift recall or Eotech vs Aimpoint question...

I did exactly this about 6 years ago with a 512 model that the reticle was fading out on. Got it back and it worked fine for about 3 months, then the reticle started fading out again. A few months later they started their buyback program so I sold it back to them for full retail, pretty much what I was all in for including the "repair".

I don’t think I’m going to get lucky with another buyback but I’m going to go ahead and send it in. The sight is worth next to nothing with the fading reticle.