• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Error with Form 4 - Correction?

mbeavers1

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 27, 2019
Montgomery, TX
I purchased a suppressor in Sept of 2018. The dealer used the Silencer Shop to process the Form 4. I had not heard anything so called to check on it in early November by calling the ATF directly. I was informed that in mid-Oct my Form 4 was "Disapproved" because there were errors and the dealer had not responded to the correction letter. As it turns out, there were two errors: a digital signature error by the dealer and a complete F up by the processor because they did not submit the information for my wife (Authorized Person).

I have been getting the run around by both of these groups with lots of finger-pointing. The Silencer Shop has been the most helpful and actually thinks that this can be corrected by the dealer. Unfortunately, the dealer claims the ATF has not been responding.

I'm at a crossroads since this is my first and its a total cluster. It seems like it may be time to cut bait, go get my money back from the dealer, and start over but I hate to do this since I have waited so long.

Anyone have anything similar like this happen and have any advice? I also have left a message with the ATF Examiner to see if they can tell me anything.

First off fuck the ATF and their bullshit.
second, look into transferring the can to a different FFL and resubmitting the form 4. That will cost you a transfer fee and probably a new tax stamp as well as another year of waiting.
it’s a shame it has to be this way. In Europe you buy cans at the hardware store.

Reactions: Clownbuster
First off fuck the ATF and their bullshit.
second, look into transferring the can to a different FFL and resubmitting the form 4. That will cost you a transfer fee and probably a new tax stamp as well as another year of waiting.
it’s a shame it has to be this way. In Europe you buy cans at the hardware store.
I'd probably just go the refund route. It is a Crux Arc30 and I was just perusing the horror stories that are Crux right now..... so it seems there may be some silver lining!

I'd probably just go the refund route. It is a Crux Arc30 and I was just perusing the horror stories that are Crux right now..... so it seems there may be some silver lining!
Sounds like a plan. Get yourself a TBAC ultra 7 and be done.