• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fieldcraft Evading a Sniper

SNIPER DANCE!!!! I always was tought to do the sniper dance when holding at a static possition or something like that. Basicly do a non-pradictable 2 step or wiggle while you are holding your sector. You will look like a idiot but you more than likely woulnt get shot. or you could just run cuz unless its mark walberg the sniper prolly isnt great at moving target holds. But Im serious about the dance.

Stay away from the cans!

I know I'm new here, and probably going to get into trouble for revealing such a sensitive training video... but here goes.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Tcwz8-EfFYE?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I can believe this lasted six pages. Kansas city shuffle, everywhere you go. Here are some ideas; hoard of topless hookers, donkey show, other sniper team in the area, other dumb civilians running around trying to do what your asking about, midgets in ninja suits, gay pride parade, turned over Budweiser truck, a PIG formation, gnarly beard convention. Past that, you could stop looking online for simple answers to complex questions that are hinged on the specific nastiness of the individual who is hunting you.

All you need is one of these, for when shit hits the fan. You can take those bastards off the roof tops.

image_zps298bcfa1.jpg

Yeah, but what if you run into a sniper that's not very well trained and hasn't heard of the "only shoot important targets" rule? He'll just shoot anything he can hit. Professionals are predictable, but battlefields are full of dangerous amateurs.

Ancient rule: Base your plans not on what you THINK the enemy will do, but on what he CAN do.

This is something that verges on the edge of tall tale or urban legend.

The whole, crawling though a field to only take out officers or try and wait Hitler out, pretty much only happens in the movies. While I am quite aware of things like Hathcock's tale of stalking a general for X amount of days, this type of thing is beyond rare.

Usually you are tasked with an assignment area and either A. given SPECIFIC instructions that can range from not engaging anything at all and recording and/or reporting any enemy movement, recording and/or reporting anything out of the ordinary (i.e. we saw 2 men that were bringing backpacks out of these specific house, they would disappear underneath this bridge that units travel on at times and they returned without said backpack). Sometimes your instructions are more broad as Delta said and can be adapted to what's going on; this may be within your decision making power or may be a simple call home to see if the current situation at hand is more important than what you are tasked with doing.

In Delta's case, he was providing overwatch for either the guys about to get flanked or another element in the area (he didn't say). He was able to make the call to engage these guys because of the result as to what would happen if he didn't regardless if it was a bunch of officers or some random dudes that spent the night at the Holiday inn.

Jesus, did I just write something useful in this thread?? Shit.

Just came across this thread. Don't know if you're still looking for an answer? Mine is not 'smart assed', so you can take it to the bank. Some back ground: Was and still am a sniper.
Did some shooting in that little dust up in Vietnam, old but not out of the game, still hire out as a PMC/PSC when the money is right. Look for anything that looks like it doesn't fit with the surrounding environment (anything that looks out of place). If in a tall grass area, and a breeze, no matter how slight is moving the grass, look for movement that doesn't match.
Too, look for extreme variations in coloring, a gilhie(?) suits coloration might be off just enough that you will notice. Look for light reflecting where it shouldn't. Camo for weapons can sometime be moved enough during moving that it will reveal a reflective surface. Finally(just a bit smat assed) avoid places where you know there has been sniper activity. Military sniper, especially, have a favorite hunting ground. And if you just have some crazed nut or religious fanatic just taking pot shots at anything that moves, lots of luck.

TheGerman, Not urban legend, Carlos Hathcock did do it in Vietnam. Crawled several hundred yards through elephant grass (grows about a meter tall), passed North Vietnamese patrols to
wait several days for a North Vietnamese general to put in an appearance. Iced him at about 600 meters (I think, been a long time since I read about it), ; then unassed the area, again passed patrols looking for him. Read; "One Shot, One Kill The Carlos Hathcock Story". You'll find it interesting, entertaining and informative.

Last edited:
I dont think anyone has mentioned, but maybe take a look at this:

SHTF School | Real Life Survival Experiences

If your not in the military, just a civvie, and something bad pops off, I think there is a lot to be said for blending in and looking like everyone else. Same thing in the woods, blend in and look like everything else. If youre in a group of people wearing hoodies and jeans, and youre the only one camo`d up head to toe, you will probably be the first to die or otherwise be shot at. People will think, oh hes special, hes different, he was prepared, lets kill him and take his stuff.

"Sniper on the eastern front" _the memories of Sepp Allerberger_ by Albrecht Wacker_
(something really interesting about the creative use of an umbrella)
Knight's Cross, 2nd or 3rd best German Sniper,this boy managed to return home alive_

Ok, here's some not-totally-serious but also not terrible advice. If you know you're evading a sniper, he sucks because otherwise you wouldn't know he's there. So:

1. Hide behind nearest hard cover
2. Call for Air Support to deal with crappy "sniper"
3. Wait for Air Support to locate enemy with FLIR
4. Air Support blows sniper up, or calls in artillery
5. Problem solved, carry on.

You don't have air support, FLIR, artillery, or drones? What are you doing in an active hot zone? Go home!

Option 2, for civilians. "A sniper is hunting me, what do I do?"
Answer: "Call 911"

Ok, here's some not-totally-serious but also not terrible advice. If you know you're evading a sniper, he sucks because otherwise you wouldn't know he's there. So:

You don't have air support, FLIR, artillery, or drones? What are you doing in an active hot zone? Go home!

I don't wanna go home, her cookin is a hostile environment, does Hiroshima mean anything to you Well you should of seen my last Sunday Roast, YIKES.

john

It's obvious,,,drink. Drink a lot. Drink until you become invisible. Then,,,don't worry about it. LOL

G5guy

That's rediculas , I'd have to get up to PEE and then he'd shoot me,,

Oh I get it while he 's shooting at me you can sneak off, , So much for safety in Numbers,

John

the topic isn't covered because the people who need to know, get training...

amen

you don't have to worry about evading us. you will never know we're there

Attachments

• SNIPERSCONCEALED.JPG
    SNIPERSCONCEALED.JPG
    61.3 KB · Views: 32
  • SNIPERSREVEALED.JPG
    SNIPERSREVEALED.JPG
    23.2 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:

or you could take that weapon you have and apply some testicular fortitude, a pinch of proper fundamentals and return fire.

I got it, Eureka ??? Take a Naked hooker with you and get her to run in front of him and while he's scratchin his Paralax Run Forest Run.

John

To the OP question I would think you already know the basics of Sniper TTP . If the Sniper does not know you are in his field of fire . Make the most of dead space and get up and move . If out of dead space and you have some cover check your movement to match if limited cover low crawl and watch your slug trail . If the Sniper knows you are there its to late for you .