• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fieldcraft Evading a Sniper

Maybe active shooter with a long range weapon(s) would be a better way to phrase it but "sniper" seems more succinct.

The "you don't need to know" answers sound a lot like those who want to tell us that there's no need for civilians to own "high capacity clips" or scary looking black rifles....just sayin'

I agree, 100%, either way Its not hard to shoot at long range targets and about 95% of hunters are leathal,

I understand how you feel, I was thinking the same thing as I was writing and thought about the OP question itself. I am just emphasizing that efforts and energy are better spent to avoid becoming so expendable that someone sends a sniper after you, its a fruitless effort in the end if you are standing alone.

Well I have avoided that answer throughout this whole thread and I was hopeing no one would come out with it,
Out of respect for people I refer to as friends and family I am Not Surgesting anything to put anyones life in danger but thats kind of ****ed that Idea, and most here have done pretty much that same dancing around as I have although I have explained some field craft issues regarding self preservation, Whoops you gone Dun it know.

Not Impressed, John

I understand how you feel, I was thinking the same thing as I was writing and thought about the OP question itself. I am just emphasizing that efforts and energy are better spent to avoid becoming so expendable that someone sends a sniper after you, its a fruitless effort in the end if you are standing alone.

My best answer is invest in a pair of Reboks and Run Forest Run.

seriously though, its best not to put your self in that position in the first place, although some think its a glamorous Job/Title these poor guys have enough to deal with on a daily basis.

I agree with you Time would be better spent on becoming better at ones chosen craft or like many have said get some training and become one then you have folks covering your back,
Like most on here we all search for more and more info and thats why we come here, and I love gadgets and the Learning,

John

...my point was about "how evading.." , seein'the bad guys runnin as fast as they can zig-zaggin',until someone of them,better equipped, 88'ed the bell tower...

Yes I understood that, and that also points out what kraigWY said about Napalm, That would defenately stuff your day. and the 88 does'nt leave much for the imagination either,

john

...that must be because when someone, as me, is well over the age of his best zig-zaggin', could become more inclined toward the "Romantic" solutions of "evading"...
(lefty or not)

Yeah,lol my get up and Go forgot to Call and tell me it was Leaving

The only thing Im evading is my Youth

john

I had 5 minutes to kill (punt intended) so I check out this thread. Still going strong, mostly funny stuff, some too serious but altogether "entertaining", except one Jackass who spends his time seating on his ass, thinking he is a "hot shot" because he is pushing on computer keys. Go down range little man and once you are done shitting your pants, you may learn how to show some respect to other people. Yes it does look and smell different at ground level.
Btw, lots of good people on the Hide, snipers or not.

Who ever you are talking about I dont understand what the problem is????

Go down range little man and once you are done shitting your pants, you may learn how to show some respect to other people. Yes it does look and smell different at ground level.
Ombre, this is not directed at you, specifically, but it occurs to me that mentally as well as physically one always fights the last war. So I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with you on this one. Because in this war, between fusiliers and grenadiers, with few exceptions it's not much of a contest.

In an asymmetrical conflict probably the biggest danger is being vaporized unexpectedly while driving around, or talking in a tea room in Samarkand, or even while running a marathon. When I am in hostile territory with guns, and friends with guns, and friends with radios and guns, and friends with armored vehicles and heavy weapons and radios and guns, and friends with combat aircraft and armored vehicles and heavy weapons and radios and guns, I actually feel quite safe... With absolutely no need to shit my pants.

But when at the keyboard of my computer, hooked-up to a satellite link, by myself in a busy third-world market town, well, that's when I begin to get scared.

wow, been along time since this thread was popping lol. So much yummy goodness in this thread.

Graham you have a very good point. As shitty as deployments are we always lost more people coming home to DUI's wrecks then we did in theater. Sad but true. Of course ther are engagments where more marines die, and that really sux. But when you get right down to it, statistically speaking, garrison is much more deadly. I dont know that safe is the word i would use, but it owuld be in the ballpark. Cautiously optimistic.

One thing about evading such people that might help is not carrying so much gear, As in shoot and scoot coz some of that gear is bound to slow you down, should you hide it or dump it, Or worse are they gonna make you pay for it when you get back,lol:mad:

john

I am a computer commando sniper, ombre is mad cause I wear a cheeto bag on my cock as a cock ghillie while deployed outside of my AO(mom's basement, or as I like to call it, my sanctuary of awsomesauce). anyway, I will share the only way to truly evade a sniper, it has been proven to be effective everytime, 60% of the time.

1- admit that your being targeted by a sniper
2- insert a romulan cloaking device up your ass, if you don't have one a dildo covered in tinfoil will work, it disrupts UAV signals, if niether of these are available proceed to step 3
3- cover your ballsack with a liberal amount of peanut butter, this will become important later
4- smear cowshit on your face, if not near cows than dogshit will suffice, if you have 30 cats then that is fine as well, if none of the above are available use your own shit. Ensure you dont get your poo poo platter on your peanut butter balls.
5- find a manequin head and wear it as a hat(see total recall 1 for reference and assistance picking an acceptable head)
6- repeat the phrase "two weeks" over and over while in public

at this point if you havent shaken the sniper than we need to move to force protection level Xray

7- find a dog or coyote or wolf and kill it, eat its heart, and wear its pelt like a cloak ensuring you are on your hands and knees looking like a dog/coyote/wolf (see plains indian hunting techniques for reference)
8- crawl to the Mall of America, if dogs are chasing you stop, wait, and when they arrive allow them to lick your PB balls. this is a good time to upgrade to a fresher dog cloak but beware your Peanut butter will be all used up, proceed with utmost caution.
9- once at mall of america buy a countersniper scope and swap out the dildo in your ass with the countersniper scope. It's a proven fact that just having a countersniper scope inserted to the hilt in your poop chute triples your chance of survival
10- proceed to security either as a wolf or as a 50 year old woman yelling "two weeks" and ask for Gecko45
11- enjoy bisexual love in safety with codname gecko45 as your protector for the rest of your days

if you follow these steps to a tee you might just evade a arfcom sniper

I bring this guy out on missions he takes care of the dogs

Attachments

• sniperkitty.jpg
    sniperkitty.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 29
God Dammit.....I've missed the Hide.....Still laughing

-Pat

I am a computer commando sniper, ombre is mad cause I wear a cheeto bag on my cock as a cock ghillie while deployed outside of my AO(mom's basement, or as I like to call it, my sanctuary of awsomesauce). anyway, I will share the only way to truly evade a sniper, it has been proven to be effective everytime, 60% of the time.

1- admit that your being targeted by a sniper
2- insert a romulan cloaking device up your ass, if you don't have one a dildo covered in tinfoil will work, it disrupts UAV signals, if niether of these are available proceed to step 3
3- cover your ballsack with a liberal amount of peanut butter, this will become important later
4- smear cowshit on your face, if not near cows than dogshit will suffice, if you have 30 cats then that is fine as well, if none of the above are available use your own shit. Ensure you dont get your poo poo platter on your peanut butter balls.
5- find a manequin head and wear it as a hat(see total recall 1 for reference and assistance picking an acceptable head)
6- repeat the phrase "two weeks" over and over while in public

at this point if you havent shaken the sniper than we need to move to force protection level Xray

7- find a dog or coyote or wolf and kill it, eat its heart, and wear its pelt like a cloak ensuring you are on your hands and knees looking like a dog/coyote/wolf (see plains indian hunting techniques for reference)
8- crawl to the Mall of America, if dogs are chasing you stop, wait, and when they arrive allow them to lick your PB balls. this is a good time to upgrade to a fresher dog cloak but beware your Peanut butter will be all used up, proceed with utmost caution.
9- once at mall of america buy a countersniper scope and swap out the dildo in your ass with the countersniper scope. It's a proven fact that just having a countersniper scope inserted to the hilt in your poop chute triples your chance of survival
10- proceed to security either as a wolf or as a 50 year old woman yelling "two weeks" and ask for Gecko45
11- enjoy bisexual love in safety with codname gecko45 as your protector for the rest of your days

if you follow these steps to a tee you might just evade a arfcom sniper

I have searched & cannot find much of anything on this topic.

Maybe some of you who have lived in the line of fire can give some tips & advice on evading sniper & spotter teams in the rural & urban setting?!?

Lie really still, while slowly digging and hole underneath, crying a little might help too.

When I was in the line of fire, the pilot was the one doing the evading if necessary. I just laid down the suppressive fire as he directed. Damn but 200 rounds goes through an M-60 in a freaking hurry.

When I was in the line of fire, the pilot was the one doing the evading if necessary. I just laid down the suppressive fire as he directed. Damn but 200 rounds goes through an M-60 in a freaking hurry.

I dont believe they should be allowed to make Ammo belts with Less than 2000 Rounds, Think I'm gonna write to Congress,

I dont understand why when you just get into the fun the dang thing runs out, thats like putting ya in a room full of Tits and being told to suck your thumb:mad: :mad::mad:

Blessin's john

If you need to evade a sniper......it's too late.

Its alright the Sniper's not back from R"n"R yet, so hes a couple of seconds to Kill, hahahahahaha

sorry I could'nt help myself

John

PS, there is a Manual out there on this topic.

Last edited:
This is actually a legitimate and worthwhile question, and though I may lose my account over OPSEC, I'll take a shot anyway:

You're supposed to run from tree to tree and hide behind it. I know they show it in the movies, usually in comedies and folks make fun of it, but it's actually the doctrine. Believe it or not, Mr. Bean does some mean covert individual tactical movements, and you could learn a lot by watching and imitating his movements --he was actually a former MI5 operative. His signature movements work equally well in urban environments, like negotiating pillars and columns in shopping malls in order to close the distance on tactically adept mall sniper units that, lets face it, can infiltrate and wreak havoc on the local economy.

this is how you evade a sniper in Syria.
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.liveleak.com/ll_embed?f=b21cac17e667" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I have searched & cannot find much of anything on this topic.

Maybe some of you who have lived in the line of fire can give some tips & advice on evading sniper & spotter teams in the rural & urban setting?!?

I know what you're looking for are the little tips and tricks that mil snipers pass along to each other not the actual manual on counter sniper tactics. I'm sorry to say but none of us will tell you. If any of our tricks became public knowledge than they would no longer work. I'm not in anyway saying you are or even know any terrorists or loney bins planning on sniping civys but the rule of 6 degrees of seperation apply here. As far as evading search dogs the same applys. I was told a trick on the day I graduated Sniper school with the warning that I could never tell anyone outside the mil sniper community. Now that I know it I understand. If some of these tricks got to the border we would lose dogs buy the dozens every day.

Try peeing all over the place and make use of the fog/mist, And the fore mentioned hot dog method is my favorite, Damn thats funny,;) theres so many ways around this, some work well some dont, its a good topic just the same.

John

If you persistently soil yourself, and walk around like that for days in the hot sun, no self-respecting sniper will get within a thousand yards of you.

Too Late I dun that, Are your still following me,

That reminds me of something I told my young Son to say to his Mom, Geeezz she went nuts at me, would'nt speak to me for hours, oh well??

John

The only way to evade a sniper is to be a sniper!!!!!!! You can read every manual on the internet, but you still wont be a sniper. I read a book on open heart surgery the other day. Would you like to be my first test dummy? Didn't think so?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Evading a Sniper

The only way to evade a sniper is to be a sniper!!!!!!! You can read every manual on the internet, but you still wont be a sniper. I read a book on open heart surgery the other day. Would you like to be my first test dummy? Didn't think so?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
I'm not sure that I am on board with the equivalence between Sniper and heart surgeon.

Besides, you don't have to be a heart surgeon to evade one.

I'm not sure that I am on board with the equivalence between Sniper and heart surgeon.

Besides, you don't have to be a heart surgeon to evade one.

One Put valves in it and the Other puts bullets in it

Ones over Paid and the other is under paid, lol

John

Close distance and kill the enemy, same as anyone else trying to take you out. If you cant find him, its probably because he already shot you and then it wont matter.

Evading a Sniper

If you cant find him, its probably because he already shot you and then it wont matter.
A minor flaw in reasoning here: If you can't find him then you are still alive, and if he shot you there's a chance that he has revealed his position - which does matter if you are still looking for him.

A minor flaw in reasoning here: If you can't find him then you are still alive, and if he shot you there's a chance that he has revealed his position - which does matter if you are still looking for him.

If youre lucky enough to take one to a SAPI plate then I suppose you have a chance, however my ass will be as flat to the ground behind whatever I have for cover and looking around for the shooter will take second place to my primary thought of catching the next round in the face.

Last edited:
The old joke about you don't have to outrun a grizzly to survive a grizzly attack comes to mind.....you only have to outrun one slower fellow, and the griz will get him rather than you. I guess it might be the same for evading the sniper....all you need is one fellow who is a more obvious target than you are.

The old joke about you don't have to outrun a grizzly to survive a grizzly attack comes to mind.....you only have to outrun one slower fellow, and the griz will get him rather than you. I guess it might be the same for evading the sniper....all you need is one fellow who is a more obvious target than you are.

Lol, that's right, always take your mother in law with you when going grizzly hunting, or if you're down range, make her carry a lonnnng rifle with a scope, or have her wearing a 4 star general uniform; as she will give you orders non stop (doesn't she do that anyway, even without the stars?), body language will save your ass, a pointed finger can be seen easily, even at a mile.

I believe the most effective way to avoid a sniper...and not just any sniper, but the baddest of the bad ass snipers...is quite simple. STAY OUT OF THE SEMI AUTO FORUM!!! :)

I can not believe how many stupid ass answers there are in this thread... a lot of you really show your ignorance. Your mammas should be proud.

All this OPSEC shit and I cant tell you because of this and that is such bullshit.

You want to evade a sniper, be an OBSERVER. There are three key things in a sniper present environment, the sniper, the potential target, and an observer. A snipers strength is also is weakness. It is a game of patience. If you are not the sniper, then you are not the only target. A sniper is an opportunist. He take shots at opportunity that gives him the best chance of being successful.

Situational awareness is key. When you approach any setting you need to evaluate that setting. You need to look for signs of sniper activity. Small holes in walls below the window line, small holes near corners of buildings, large cracks in walls, dark areas behind cover or concealment. If you have a thermal scanner, scan the area. Distance is your friend, the farther you are away from a hide the better your chances are.

If you find heat behind a hole you may have a sniper there. Find a place to conceal or cover yourself and wait. Be very patient and keep observing. A sniper will show his position sooner or later by either movement, sound, or taking a shot.

When you do discover a place that could be a potential hide look at what surrounds it. A sniper will like to take a shot and move. How far can he move? Wherever he has the potential to move is an area that needs to be avoided.

Stay in the urban setting maze and stay close to things that offer cover. Scan the skyline. If you are between two buildings then you have what is in front of you and behind you or left to right to be concerned with. Be mindful of higher advantage points. If you can not see them, then you can not be seen.

Never ever be in a hurry to move if you have not been engaged. Take your time and evaluate your path, evaluate the position 10 feet in front of you at a time.

When a sniper is in a shooting position he can not maintain that position for very long. He has to eat, he has to sleep, he has to piss, has to take a crap, fatigue of sitting in the same position motionless for a long period of time will wear him down and reduce his reaction time. If he is alone you will find him eventually. When a sniper is moving, even to scratch his nose he will not be able to take a shot. It is when you do not see any movement is when he is looking for you.

These are some extreme generalizations but they are key points. The secret is silence, patience, and situational awareness. You have the advantage if you want it, you have his entire field of view to maneuver in and take cover in, he is in a box and that box's position will be given away if he pulls the trigger or you are able to discover him before he discovers you. A hide can be a great place to be and it can also be a great place to be killed if a sniper can not control what is behind him, below him, or any position outside his field of view.

Evading a Sniper

I never thought about putting-up a screen of BS behind which to make your retreat, but I admit the idea does have potential. ?

Last edited:
I never thought about putting-up a screen of BS behind which to make your retreat, but I admit the idea does have potential.

Good one from the one who says much but contributes so very little....