• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ever Wonder Why USPS is Going Broke?

Look what happened to the last box I got.
Fuggin Government employees.

20201029_090240.jpg

but.....

When I get a bullet order Im certain they are taking a loss on that one weight wise. Shipping that heavy for less than $25 is a great deal.

If they make money its on volume and the underweight packages. If they dont make money they have priced the Flat Rate wrong.
I wouldn’t bet that they take a loss when someone ships close to 70 lbs in a flat rate. Most shippers pay the most freight based upon cube. That means the cubic space that the freight occupies. I would bet that statistically, the average weight in a flat rate package is more around 10 lbs than not. USPS would know and are likely tracking it.

Reactions: pmclaine
That's pretty cute that you think your clever or funny or whatever you think you are.

He was milking/playing/cheating the system plain and simple by taping the box that way he did.

Either way you want to defend that shit is your decision.
I know plenty of people who like to take everything they can, manipulate the system for their benefit, and stretch things any way possible for their benefit, this isn't that unusual.

And when the flat rate option is changed in the future, I'll wager that greedy crybabies like you all will be posting about why everyone sucks and your still so smart.

Btw read post 70. Or not, I don't really care tbh. You're obviously the smartest kid in the room.

I know the regs there stud, I also know when somebody plays the regs out over a few fucking dollars.

Do you believe that box would have made it whole without the tape? Yes or no

Of course it wouldn't. Common sense applies in life, stupid people are why more rules are created.

Common sense isn't common.
Ethics are even more rare.
I ship a lot in FRB. I place tape on the outside of the box. When I have heavier stuff I use a lot of tape to make sure it doesn't come open.

When I order bulk brass, it comes the same way, a lot of tape on the outside.

The rules were set forth and like others have said, original PO accepted package with no issues. Once it got to second PO, with an anti gun Postmaster, all of the sudden there are issues.

Then on top of that, they are willing to once again ship said package back to sender with package the way it is.

This is a clear case of using personal views as to not do their job.

If you dont see this as an issue, you Sir are part of the problem.

Doc

I also read that the PO was overruled. good deal and glad it got worked out.

Has the USPS never heard of a hand truck.......

Doc

• Haha
Reactions: forrestgump01
This is a post I made from a different board about incompetent in the US Postal service.

“15 days to get my suppressor delivered to Utah from Indiana, sent Priority Mail. 11 of those days were spent shuffling my package back and forth between 2 Illinois locations.

22 days to get a trigger delivered from Canada. It sat in Chitcago for 13 days. Was shuffled between 4 locations when it finally made it to Indiana. It passed within 15 miles of my house 3 times.....

Currently on 8 days and counting for an envelope to get delivered to South Carolina, sent Priority Mail......

This is by far the worst they’ve ever been and as sad as it is they’re still better than those retards at UPS...”

Ended up being 10 days for the envelope to get delivered. On the two items I shipped I paid the premium Priority Mail rate and didn’t get what I paid for. There is no recourse for the consumer to recoup the extra mailing cost that was paid with no better than mediocre service.
How many extra (wasted) man hours were involved in shuffling around these two examples. Now apply that level of stupid to a national level and it becomes crystal clear why they’re in trouble.

Reactions: lash
I ship a lot in FRB. I place tape on the outside of the box. When I have heavier stuff I use a lot of tape to make sure it doesn't come open.

When I order bulk brass, it comes the same way, a lot of tape on the outside.

The rules were set forth and like others have said, original PO accepted package with no issues. Once it got to second PO, with an anti gun Postmaster, all of the sudden there are issues.

Then on top of that, they are willing to once again ship said package back to sender with package the way it is.

This is a clear case of using personal views as to not do their job.

If you dont see this as an issue, you Sir are part of the problem.

Actually, the PO that initiated it created the issue. The OP was caught up in it and really wasn't responsible.

That'd piss me off too. It's very unfortunate assuming he, was held responsible for something he didn't do.

but there's that, and then there is the issue of wrapping an obviously overloaded package in an effort to game the system. Nearly everyone adds some extra tape to seams, flaps etc. Duh. Now, wrapping a box up like the mummy isn't the same thing. This shit isn't hard unless you just cannot accept adult behavior.

I'm a part of the adult world, I don't game anything, I realize that tedious rules, extra costs passed on to the consumer are caused by all those people who think the rules don't apply to them...That THEY are special and can do whatever they feel like.

I feel like I'm talking to a child, explaining that even though there isn't a sign saying it, they should still look both ways before crossing the street.

Have a fantastic day in ignore. 👍

Reactions: ma smith
Welp, I did it. I read the whole thread. That was rough.

Entitled, reconstruct, extortion, policy, and every aspect of this exchange we got wrong, we can’t even acknowledge the proper definitions of words? Not to mention the entire point of the OP which was they’re going to ship the 70 lb boxes BACK... for no money!

Actually, the PO that initiated it created the issue. The OP was caught up in it and really wasn't responsible.

That'd piss me off too. It's very unfortunate assuming he, was held responsible for something he didn't do.

but there's that, and then there is the issue of wrapping an obviously overloaded package in an effort to game the system. Nearly everyone adds some extra tape to seams, flaps etc. Duh. Now, wrapping a box up like the mummy isn't the same thing. This shit isn't hard unless you just cannot accept adult behavior.

I'm a part of the adult world, I don't game anything, I realize that tedious rules, extra costs passed on to the consumer are caused by all those people who think the rules don't apply to them...That THEY are special and can do whatever they feel like.

I feel like I'm talking to a child, explaining that even though there isn't a sign saying it, they should still look both ways before crossing the street.

Have a fantastic day in ignore. 👍
Cool story.....

The animosity around people taking sides in this thread is striking.

There's no reason for the PO to be a prick or even know what is in your box. But as they say possession is 9/10 of the law, and IF/WHEN the PO is holding your box you are screwed so learn how to fight clean and fair, and fight another day.

You can try to get cute today and then tomorrow they will take away FRBs altogether.

Keep in mind also that the main money maker for the PO is JUNK MAIL...

Think about that BS for a second...

You seriously want to make FRB unprofitable, they will cut the service and focus more on money making stuff like junm mail...

Maybe then will you all be happy 😂:(

Its fine to send heavy boxes just don't need to be indiscreet about things for no reason IMHO.

So, you mean someone is obviously gaming the system by shoving more shit into a box than they should.......and you’re mad USPS isn’t allowing it?
Let me guess. You don’t like braces either.

If it meets the rules it meets the rules. No weight restriction means no weight restriction.

Reactions: armorpl8chikn
This is pretty easy. Take your business elsewhere. I'm sure you can find another company that will ship 69lbs for $8, right? I mean, if you can, then they're probably wrong. If you can't, then you probably are.

• Haha
Reactions: lash
Well, that's what you're supposed to do with a business you don't like, right? USPS going out of business and all that...

You seriously want to make FRB unprofitable, they will cut the service and focus more on money making stuff like junm mail...

Maybe then will you all be happy 😂:(

Its fine to send heavy boxes just don't need to be indiscreet about things for no reason IMHO.

Lemme guess......you are a big proponent of registering an SBR instead of building a pistol?

and Lemme guess, you wipe back to front. Let's go as irrelevant as you like.

and Lemme guess, you wipe back to front. Let's go as irrelevant as you like.

I'm pretty sure ol' Joe is sharp enough to wipe in both directions after having wiped front to back on the first pass.

Then there was this fella I heard in the stall next to me once. Sounded like he was trying to buff the dookie on to his crack and cheeks.
I don't think any direction first made much difference to him.

That wasn't you was it?

I can't believe anyone honestly tries to defend the USPS on anything :D :D

Either the defenders work for usps, have family that work for usps or are just plain trolls

Wow, I tossed a frag grenade in the last comment about how irrelevant and presumptuous your last comment was and the whole group so energetically dove on top of it... together

Have fun boys... lol

I've watched USPS employees wrap tape around my packages.

ACME bullets uses wooden boxes that fit inside the flate rate boxes.

Shipper should glue the boxes and see what response they get.

USPS started this with the idea that no one could ever get 70 pounds in such a small box.

I've watched USPS employees wrap tape around my packages.

ACME bullets uses wooden boxes that fit inside the flate rate boxes.

Shipper should glue the boxes and see what response they get.

USPS started this with the idea that no one could ever get 70 pounds in such a small box.
Exactly, as I tried to point out in an above post that was ignored. People would rather deal with feelings and “spirit” than facts. Most specifically if those facts oppose their belief system.

Here are a couple of pictures that I just took of both a USPS flat rate box and an Amazon box, next to each other. I received both of them with product in them. Note especially the big difference in wall thickness between them. In single wall construction, wall thickness and paper weight equals structural strength.

7D5BD15B-7252-4752-8AC3-EEFC6F0E8648.jpeg

CCAC0287-86DC-4517-B065-5D986A51A43B.jpeg

Then notice that USPS does not even meet industry standard and neglects to put the industry ratings on their box. Read the ratings on the Amazon box. 60 lb rating. Do you think that the thinner cheaper cardboard in the USPS box is somehow stronger than that of the Amazon box? Do you think that USPS maybe isn’t meeting the “spirit” of their promise to ship up to 70 lbs in these boxes by purposefully supplying boxes not capable nor rated to do so? I do.

Finally, note that the FRB was shipped to me with outside reinforcement, including both fiber reinforced shipping tape and even strapping tape. How come I was not required to pay additional postage on that package that had bullets in it? Do you think that it could be due to arbitrary made by the OP’s postmaster? I do.

i didnt want to get sucked back in to the thread but i a crack addict lol

we go though A ALOT of corrugated shippers at my company

the strength of a corrugated shippers is listed in the "circle" print with in the second picture posted above

its called the ECT Edge Crush Test, which you can find on the internet as well its not rocket science

if you search youll find the ECT rating as it pertains to capacity

the particular brown shipper above is 29 ECT

these are some of the variables when manufacturing a shipper

the base paper used, recycled or new
thickness of inner out layers
thickness of paper used for the corrugation also called the flute
Spacing of corrugation
shape of corrugation
multiple layers
glue used
and a few more

all of those in combination determine the ECT rating

also let if be known that shipper material/paper is bought price per pound, ton etc before processing the sheets in lay flat form like a printing press. once they are die cut to the proper shape the are sent to the gluing station where the box is glued together etc

utilizing the correct box for the correct item is at times more important than the actual strength

for instance , shipping vitamins think bottles of tylenol

if i have a perfectly fit shipper to the bottle height (1/8" or less), boxes have tolerances as well, i can get away with a 29 ECT as shown above

if i have a product that has a larger gap 3/8" or more i have to use virgin not recycled 32 ECT, if not the pallet will have crushed /distorted shippers and usually product inside after the first bump a truck hits

i also sell ship product capsules/vitamins in bulk form, that is done when the customer want to package it them selves

those boxes are approx cubes, 11" x 11" x 11" depending on the supplier dims change a inch here or there

those are double wall serious shippers, if you need a stool and your carful you can stand on the corners and it might hold you for a bit

with in those shippers we will not put more that 15-16 kilos 35 lbs more or less

the box can physically hold more volume depending on the product but if they are stacked 4 high (regular pallet height when shipping bulk) and a higher weight there will be customer complaints.

nothing to do with the OP's issue just some industry information about shippers