• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Everyday Carry Blade

dhutch

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 14, 2010
Frisco, TX
What do you fellas use as your every day carry blade? I have the luxury of wearing a uniform everyday, so I can get away with fixed blades on my riggers belt.

Personally I use a Tom Halloran D2. Not sure he makes this model any longer, but I love it.

IMAG0003.jpg

IMAG0002.jpg

Re: Everyday Carry Blade

I have several knives that I can carry for specific purposes- hunting, fishing, etc. but the one that is always in my pocket is my Swiss Army knife. It is just to useful to not have.

Jim

Benchmade 615 mini-rukus. Sent it off today to get resharpend

Look at Burt Fosters "Dark Side" in his available section. Nice damascus small fixed blades.

I carry my CRKT or my Benchmade auto for daily use.

A taiwan Benchmade Mel Pardue design.

http://www.benchmade.com/products/10210

Ive carried it for I dont know how long now, atleast 6 or 8 years. I have abused the shit out of it, used it to jump start tractors, dig mud out of bolt holes and it still kicking. I have thought about sending it in to be sharpened but I am affraid since its a discontinued knife they would want to keep it since its so beat up instead of just sharpening it. The pocket clip is loose and the apint is worn off of it and the handle is beat up but I have a lansky sharpener and put an edge back on it when it needs it.

i carry emerson, its the only folder i carry.

also have a leatherman surge and wave i have in my rigs, and a stider tanto i have for work but thats more of a prybar then a knife

Surefire EW-08, just got it a few days ago, like it!
ew08a.jpg

Kershaw Leek non serrated, great little knife for everyday carry with open assist.

I carry a number of different knifes depending on what I am doing but I always have a Leatherman with me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: John H</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Kershaw Leek non serrated, great little knife for everyday carry with open assist. </div></div>

Used to carry a Spyderco Delica until I found the stainless non-serrated leek. I lost my last one while hunting and almost cried. Got another right away. Love my Kershaw.

Microtech UDT (underwater demolition team)
A very sturdy auto that has served me well for since 2001. Elegant in its simplicity. Anyone looking for a carry tool, I collect high end knives and I would carry no other.

Emerson Carambit with the wave option, 2nd carry is Emerson Commander with the wave option. I'm spoiled on Emersons Carambit, it's amazing on the cutting power that the point has and the shape works to your advantage. It's ultralight, gives you an awesome grip with your finger thru the handle.
...............SmokeRolls

Emerson super-7 with the wave. It carrys very good in the pocket for a big folder and the wave feature I can get it into the fight faster than any of my automatics.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dhutch</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What do you fellas use as your every day carry blade? I have the luxury of wearing a uniform everyday, so I can get away with fixed blades on my riggers belt.

Personally I use a Tom Halloran D2. Not sure he makes this model any longer, but I love it.

IMAG0003.jpg

IMAG0002.jpg
</div></div>

Jesus christ son. THAT is your daily carry blade? you live in college station not the boonies of montana. A bit unnecessary I'd say, and probably illegal

Benchmade folder here. free lifetime sharpening and tuning

TOP's Scalpel, left side on the belt sideways for right handed draw. It's a wicked little blade 1/4" thick and holds a nice sharp edge for utility which it mostly sees as well as being there for defensive purposes which it has not been used for at this time

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I carry my Strider SnG when not at work and my Benchmade CQC7 at work.
P1010074.jpg

There's another thread like this you might want to check out
http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1845577</div></div>

1+ on the strider. I have the tanto blade RW-1, and I have dug arrows out of wood with it on numerous occasions.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: YourMotherTrebek</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dhutch</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What do you fellas use as your every day carry blade? I have the luxury of wearing a uniform everyday, so I can get away with fixed blades on my riggers belt.

IMAG0003.jpg

IMAG0002.jpg
</div></div>

Jesus christ son. THAT is your daily carry blade? you live in college station not the boonies of montana. A bit unnecessary I'd say, and probably illegal

Benchmade folder here. free lifetime sharpening and tuning</div></div> LoL it's not as big as it looks. And I only carry it when I'm in my ACU's. Otherwise I carry my benchmade autostryker.

CRKT M16-14 with tanto point. my lansky keeps it sharp. i have dogs. they like a can with the kibble. i used to get the solid loaf style of dog food. its a pain to get out of the can. one day it dawned on me ... equalize! so i started poping a hole in the bottoms and the chunk slides right out. 2 cans a day, everyday for ... geez 10 years i bet. tips still good, takes an edge fine

ZT 302 I always have a leatherman in my bag though. Love the Leatherman's

I carried the Swiss Army knife....the "Tinker" model for probably 15 years but a couple of years ago switched to the "Spartan" model because it has a corkscrew instead of a phillips driver. I buy it 4 or 5 at a time and when one gets worn out, breaks, confiscated by airport security, or I lose it, I just grab a new one. They're just a tool for me...I don't get attached but, I'd be lost without one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: YourMotherTrebek</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dhutch</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What do you fellas use as your every day carry blade? I have the luxury of wearing a uniform everyday, so I can get away with fixed blades on my riggers belt.

IMAG0003.jpg

IMAG0002.jpg
</div></div>

Benchmade folder here. free lifetime sharpening and tuning</div></div>

Texas law says the blade needs to be 5.5" or less for carry. I always carry two. Kershaw Blur (daily use) and a Cuda Dominator (weakside).

EESE Rat 3 - Great carry knife and not quite big enough to raise any eyebrows, but big enough to be very useful.

Also the Kydex sheath that it comes with is amazing. I carry it inverted at 4'oclock if I'm not packing, or 2:30 if I am.

rat3.jpg

One of my favorite carry knives is the small Spyderco Merlin, of the all metal version Harpy. Great blade with lots of cutting force with the curved blade.

Cut

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dareposte</div><div class="ubbcode-body">EESE Rat 3 - Great carry knife and not quite big enough to raise any eyebrows, but big enough to be very useful.

Also the Kydex sheath that it comes with is amazing. I carry it inverted at 4'oclock if I'm not packing, or 2:30 if I am.

rat3.jpg
</div></div>

How do you like their blades? I was interested in picking up one a while back but held off because of my Tom Halloran.

Depends what you are using it for.
When I was in the Army I had 4 knives I deployed with and usually took two with me when on missions. I had 2 Randalls, model 14 and model 18 of which one of these usually went with me. The other two were a Fairbairn fighting knife and a Kukuri.

Now as a civilian I carry a Microtec OTF.
I have yet to see a good fighting knife that would double as a survival/camp breaking knife.