• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Everyone’s go to rings

pewpew300WM

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Dec 31, 2019
West Central PA
I currently purchased an mdt acc chassis to put my rem 700 sendero 300WM in. It will be topped with a razor gen ii 4.5x27x56. I have a 20 moa rail from mdt on the way but I can’t decide on a set of quality rings. Just wanted to see if anyone was running a similar setup and had any recommendations. Thanks.

Nearly the same boat as you, bergara hmr pro with seekins 20 moa rail. I’m waiting on a set of M10 arc rings, which after measuring at a local gun store the low ones (24mm) should work out nicely.

Reactions: pewpew300WM
Arc m10 rings are awesome rings. That said, I strongly recommend you look at all the one piece mounts on the market. In my opinion it’s one less thing to move. I personally use the MPA one piece. Very good mount and it’s reasonably priced. Most the other one piece mounts are good quality too, I just don’t have experience with them.

I currently purchased an mdt acc chassis to put my rem 700 sendero 300WM in. It will be topped with a razor gen ii 4.5x27x56. I have a 20 moa rail from mdt on the way but I can’t decide on a set of quality rings. Just wanted to see if anyone was running a similar setup and had any recommendations. Thanks.

I use the MPA 1-piece mounts. More expensive than individual rings, but less than most other quality 1-piece mounts.

Agreed, Spuhr. It is costly, but dead solid. Buy it with 20 moa built in, and return the rail from MDT so the total cost won't be as bad.

I have always used the Leupold Mark 4 steel rings. They are indestructible and very well toleranced but, they are getting a little outdated in their design (big mounting nuts). For my newest project, I went with a Warne Skyline mount.

Bob

Seekins. I've also used Hawkins and they are high quality. I prefer Seekin's interface to the Pic rail better, though - a solid lug instead of a cross bolt. Incidentally, Vortex's in-house rings are actually Seekins rings.

On the low end side I use burris zee rings. On the middle of the road I use leupold PRW or QRW. On the high end stuff I use vortex PMR rings.

ARC M10's - does everything I need them to and nothing I don't. Very well thought out rings, at a reasonable price for the quality and performance. I love that it's one bolt at higher torque rather then a bunch of smaller bolts at a lesser torque. It's a smart design. Run them on everything from my 6BRA to .300NM.

If I shot with NV and needed to hang some gadgets off my rings I would consider Spuhr, but until then I will continue using ARC's.

I use the MPA 1-piece mounts. More expensive than individual rings, but less than most other quality 1-piece mounts.

I did check them out and for the price they were real nice. I wish the 1.060 and 1.125 came in 20moa.

Agreed, Spuhr. It is costly, but dead solid. Buy it with 20 moa built in, and return the rail from MDT so the total cost won't be as bad.
I got the chassis, vertical grip, 20 moa and some other parts when they had the overstock sale. I don’t think anything is returnable.

I have these and Seekins. Both are excellent but the Burris Signatures are perfect on a rifle that needs some windage or elevation correction before touching the dials.
Same thing I run. Used the Burris rings on my 300 win mag to add extra elevation. I was worried at first with the Burris ring slipping but haven’t had an issue.

I use Burris Signature Zee or Signature XTR rings (especially on non-one piece mounts…I assume the plastic inserts absorb some of the inherent alignment imperfections in that type of setup).

I also use the really high end and nice Tier One rings from the UK. Built-in bubble level, like Sphur. They have picatinny, 11mm dovetail (CZ/Tikka etc rimfire), 16mm dovetail (CZ 527 and others), Blaser, and also Monomounts like Sphur/MPA.

Had all seeking, just got first set of ARC m10 rings and highly recommend. Seem to be easier to mount scope without canting and adjusting over and over again. Love the design and weight.

I've had great success with SWFA rings on several rigs and glass over the years just keep on ripping. Also just put a new set on a 12x just like the others likey

And I just got notice that the ones I had back ordered just shipped! I guess next week I'll be setting up the new Razor I got on Black Friday :)

Had all seeking, just got first set of ARC m10 rings and highly recommend. Seem to be easier to mount scope without canting and adjusting over and over again. Love the design and weight.

This is how you know someone has used M-10 rings. Everyone else just seems to go "meh, that's nice" A sure sign they've never used them. I haven't used "traditional" (read: antiquated design) rings in years. I mean, I don't use a rotary phone, why the hell should I use old 4-6 screw rings, and deal with all the set up headaches? Same with the Spuhr; the wedge makes installing scopes a snap.

Smh...people spend $3k on a rifle and glass, and then bitch about $200 rings. Seriously, you can't make this shit up...penny wise, pound foolish...

This is how you know someone has used M-10 rings. Everyone else just seems to go "meh, that's nice" A sure sign they've never used them. I haven't used "traditional" (read: antiquated design) rings in years. I mean, I don't use a rotary phone, why the hell should I use old 4-6 screw rings, and deal with all the set up headaches? Same with the Spuhr; the wedge makes installing scopes a snap.

Smh...people spend $3k on a rifle and glass, and then bitch about $200 rings. Seriously, you can't make this shit up...penny wise, pound foolish...
Don’t forget there’s only two screw that are the same size with same torque values.
Super simple and not fussy!

Reactions: MarinePMI