• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Experience with Arcteryx Khard 30 or 45 Backpack?

nickw

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 15, 2003
Western MA
Anyone running the Arcteryx Khard packs? Love the organization with the modular pouches this pack offers. Also like the fact the pack doesn't scream tactical.

Youtube vid of the Khard-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5GpyIxS4MY

Youtube vid of the Khard being used as a bailout bag with HS D3
TMG - Haley Strategic/Extreme Gear Labs D3CR (VOCR varient) & Arc'teryx Khard System - YouTube

I'm currently running a Maxpedition sitka gearslinger for my truck emergency gear...medical supplies, snacks, water, lights, extra mags, utility tool, larger knife, gloves, etc. I also run a Eberlestock X3 low drag for my precision rifle. I find the X3 heavy although I love it for the range with my precision rifle gear. Thinking of getting the Khard 30 or 45 and combining gear from my maxpedition and X3. Would stow rifle in a rifle case and deploy as needed. Due to the modularity of the Khard I could configure based on need. I'm an LEO so like having a go / emergency bag in my truck, but also want to use pack for precision rifle comps.

Any input would be appreciated.
Best,
Nick-

I'm a big fan of the Khard and have been running them for the better part of a year. I bought both the 30 and 45 to give them a try and ultimately kept the 45 for the long haul. It just had more room for my gear, especially when I added internal pouches from time to time. It also comes with the kidney pads, that definitely make long rucks with a decent weight more comfortable (I'm pretty sure they're an option for the 30). Overall extremely versatile with easy access to just about any portion of the internal volume. My poor old Kifaru Express gets much less use now.

I've got a Khard 30 in whatever they're calling grey these days. It's good, it's my daily carry. I like the modular nature of it, but it can be a little ungainly trying to get just one specific thing out of the bag if you need to. It splays open pretty easily for quick access, which also means depending on how it's loaded it's kind of floppy when opening up. If you have something with a little mass in a pouch at the top, if the compression straps aren't connected at the top, it will unzip the whole bag down the middle.

the side pockets on them are super useless. I have the 30 and 45. Pretty awesome other than that. I'd consider buying the non-leaf "Miura" instead 'cos it doesn't have the daisy chains and shit all over it. No compression straps tho

Last edited:
I've got a Khard 30 in whatever they're calling grey these days. It's good, it's my daily carry. I like the modular nature of it, but it can be a little ungainly trying to get just one specific thing out of the bag if you need to. It splays open pretty easily for quick access, which also means depending on how it's loaded it's kind of floppy when opening up. If you have something with a little mass in a pouch at the top, if the compression straps aren't connected at the top, it will unzip the whole bag down the middle.

Thanks! I was a little concerned about this. Wondering how hard it would be to get an item from a modular pouch without opening the entire pack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk