• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Explosion at Hornady

Primer compound is no joke.

The facility is usually set apart and built with the fact an explosion will happen.

I'll get to the Steve H. letter in a moment, but right off the cuff I've gotta say this is the most disgusting comment I've seen in response to someone losing their life in a workplace accident. If you seriously rank the value of the lives of hundreds U.S. workers at a MITUSA company by a vaccination status and think this is the time and place for it you have serious internal shit to think through.

Steve H. Letter:
Most people that don't work in the front office never saw this posted directly and either didn't hear about it or heard about it from co-workers or eventually from the internet. Not everyone has or often gets into their work email. It was up posted for a handful of days until it caught overwhelming flak from outside and was pulled down and retracted. Most people were at least aware of it though.

Nowhere in there does it bind employees to get vaccinated. It was NEVER a requirement to stay employed-- there was never a deadline to get the jab. The HR department never even hinted at that, and when many people asked them point blank about it after this letter came out they were adament that it was not their intent to fire anyone over the vaccination. The letter comes off like "get the jab or your job is in jeopardy", but if you read it with your legalese glasses on, it says there's a tidal wave coming, and the easiest way to get elevated above the tidal wave is to get vaccinated. The tidal wave, if you might remember, was a OSHA rule that was going to apply to EVERY BUSINESS IN THE US with over 100 employees.

Now, everyone I know that read it said, "What the fuck is this?" myself included. I don't know anyone that thought it was a good idea besides Steve H, who I presume wrote it in an excelptionally bad mood after hearing about what OSHA was going to do. The majority of my coworkers are not vaccinated. Everyone has their own line in the sand and thankfully the Supreme Court cut the bullshit down before it was anymore serious of an issue. Frankly, most of us think the letter didn't need to go out, and it should have been reviewed before it did, but I believe this one came straight from the top. People make mistakes, but believe me, we all remember this one.

Think whatever you want about the management, buy whatever you want, but I'll vouch for the fact that the Hornady factory is filled with hundreds and hundreds of excellent red-blooded Americans... veterans, hunters, outdoorsmen... honestly the best group of people I've personally encountered since I was in the USMC. They're not the proper target for your internet virtue signalling, and it's especially in poor taste right now.

That's all I'm saying about it. You can have your 20 page thread without me.

Miles Neville
Project Engineer
Hornady Manufacturing
Prayers lifted for Adriana and family, the two workers who were injured, and your plant.

Primer compound is no joke.

The facility is usually set apart and built with the fact an explosion will happen.
If I'm not wrong this happened at the old Cornhusker Army Ammunition Plant, so it is likely that it is built to handle the explosion. There's a lot of concrete out there with some of the walls being measured in feet not inches.

Reactions: Beefmanne
Post of the Day/Week/Month/Year.

Bunch o Kansas City virtue signaling faggots up in here. I am ashamed to even be associated with the fucks who wrote or liked post 2 or its follow ups. For the "We don't care crowd" You seem to care. A lot.
Most that got the vax voluntarily displayed poor judgement. I wouldn't want to work near explosive compounds surrounded by people with a track record of bad judgement. My original post in post #2 was not intended to be hateful, but a valid workplace concern.

Never forget that those begging for the vax and every booster thereafter wished all of us purebloods cast out of society or exterminated. Sentiment is a two way street, especially when they started it.

Most that got the vax voluntarily displayed poor judgement. I wouldn't want to work near explosive compounds surrounded by people with a track record of bad judgement. My original post in post #2 was not intended to be hateful, but a valid workplace concern.

Never forget that those begging for the vax and every booster thereafter wished all of us purebloods cast out of society or exterminated. Sentiment is a two way street, especially when they started it.
You are a first class asshole. I'll enjoy ignoring you going forward

1697903332234.jpeg

How could we forget something you just entirely made up.

My intent is not to be hateful but a valuable human concern:
Before you were a worthless asshole.

Now you're a fucking psychopath. If you were a dog, you would be put down. The inability to feel empathy for a fellow human being, let alone one who works in our past time, is the indication of a serious mental illness or deficiency. Especially as you dreamed up her participation in a group that did things that didn't happen, whether or not she had the vax.

No one said you had to buy Hornady products.

No one said you had to offer sympathy. You could of just shut your hole and moved on.

But yet here you are, pissing on her grave. "No harm intended"

Again, no intention to be hateful, just a valid concern.

AS they say in Texas: "Bless your heart"
Go walk downrange during livefire. Your cloak of righteousness will protect you

Reactions: Baron23 and Ronws

While I can understand the frustration with gov't mandated, politically motivated jabs not everyone who got the shot wished you ill. Some may not have felt they had much of a choice.

If your going to go into "hate mode" I might suggest directing at those responsible people in the govt, education, unions and some large corporations that were directly involved in pushing/mandating full shot compliance.

Insinuating that some poor gal that died doing her job and deserved to die because someone above her may have posted something sub optimal is rather poor form. Again, I get the frustration but try a bit of empathy.

Bless your heart

Reactions: mtrmn
You folks that have a problem with my post need to do something about your elevated estrogen levels. The illogical emotional outbursts of just a minority few of you here that paint me as some sort of uncaring monster show your disconnect from logic. I'll say it again, you won't find me working around highly volatile ingredients surrounded by a workforce that has a poor track record of judgement.

Still don't like it? You know where the ignore button is at. It has certainly been used on you.

Reactions: XP1K
^^^

I was going to ignore the obvious lack of humanity from your first post as we all occasionally suffer from craniorectal syndrome. However, the fact that you’ve chosen to lean into your position simply reinforces for myself and others the fact that you are in reality, a pice of shit human being.

Reactions: DocRDS and Baron23
1698421013409.gif

OMG, I’ve been following this thread to get information about an actual explosion. This has degenerated into a dumpster fire about the vaccine and a narrative on morality?

Honestly, WGAF?

Here is a pretty decent summary of primer technology and production challenges.

TLDR version: You have to deal with very sensitive, explosive compounds during manufacturing because primers have to be initiated by a relatively small amount of energy from the mechanical firing system of a gun. (If you had more energy available for initiation, from a capacitor discharge circuit for example, then you could use safer, less sensitive compounds but that's not an option for regular ammo primers.)

Here is a pretty decent summary of primer technology and production challenges.

TLDR version: You have to deal with very sensitive, explosive compounds during manufacturing because primers have to be initiated by a relatively small amount of energy from the mechanical firing system of a gun. (If you had more energy available for initiation, from a capacitor discharge circuit for example, then you could use safer, less sensitive compounds but that's not an option for regular ammo primers.)
Had a family friend who worked for a long time in the Ammunition Business. If you work with primers, typically you wear kevlar vests as safety gear (among other things). Static discharge is a real problem. One lady messed up (I forget how) with a tray of primers and he got burns even behind his vest.

Healed fine, but was definitly a scare.

^^^

I was going to ignore the obvious lack of humanity from your first post as we all occasionally suffer from craniorectal syndrome. However, the fact that you’ve chosen to lean into your position simply reinforces for myself and others the fact that you are in reality, a pice of shit human being.
This thread certainly has become a litmus test for those qualified for my ignore list. Keep em coming! I am all for ignoring anyone here incapable of using logic. Don't forget, your ignore button works against me as well. I encourage you to use it.