• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Extreme Range "Sniper" Handgun???

xphunter

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 17, 2005
Wyoming
I put the word "sniper" in there because of an earlier thread. I am sure not a sniper.
Today I had the time to run out to Mac's Gunworks and shoot his new creation.
Put 25 rounds through it, from the prone position, with my typical one hand hold.
Lawton action, McRee stock, McGowen barrel, Lawton picatinny rail, Mac brake, Cerakote camo, Vortex Razor HD 5-20 Scope, Vortex Rings. All the work was done by Chuck McIntosh. The cartridge is one of Dave Viers. Take a 408 Chey-Tac and partially neck it down to .375 and make a false shoulder, fireform it and you have a 375 Snipe-Tac. Jamison brass, 150 grains of H-50BMG, and a 370 grain Rocky Mountain bullet. What a cool combination.

IMG_5652.jpg

223 Rem, 338 AX (338 Lapua Improved), 375 Snipe-Tac, 243 Winchester

IMG_5655.jpg

Re: Extreme Range "Sniper" Handgun???

No.
I just zeroed it at 300. After that held the top of a round 10" plate at 400 yards and centered on the first shot.
haven't chronographed it yet or anything-Just out having some fun.

Is it just the picture or is the neck on your 375 round extremely crooked?

Doesn't that thing kick like a mule? and what kinds of velocities are you getting out of that short barrel?

Other than that very cool!

Groups are forthcoming.
Today was just getting out to pull the trigger a few times.
It does have some recoil for sure, but it is the torque that I notice the most.
Once I get it chronoed, I will let you know.
Plan on using some Retumbo also.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: xphunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I put the word "sniper" in there because of an earlier thread. I am sure not a sniper.
Today I had the time to run out to Mac's Gunworks and shoot his new creation.
Put 25 rounds through it, from the prone position, with my typical one hand hold.
Lawton action, McRee stock, McGowen barrel, Lawton picatinny rail, Mac brake, Cerakote camo, Vortex Razor HD 5-20 Scope, Vortex Rings. All the work was done by Chuck McIntosh. The cartridge is one of Dave Viers. Take a 408 Chey-Tac and partially neck it down to .375 and make a false shoulder, fireform it and you have a 375 Snipe-Tac. Jamison brass, 150 grains of H-50BMG, and a 370 grain Rocky Mountain bullet. What a cool combination.

IMG_5652.jpg

223 Rem, 338 AX (338 Lapua Improved), 375 Snipe-Tac, 243 Winchester

IMG_5655.jpg
</div></div>

Looking Good !!!! I too, await some groups my friend.

Cheers!!

Am anxious to see how it does against the big rifles on the ultra long range (past 1000 yards) matches. Looks big and nasty but wonder after 40 or 50 rounds at small targets to a mile how much fun it'll be?

Lots of nice work on it though, really sets new limits to what a "pistol" has become.

Topstrap