• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

F-18 Crash

Re: F-18 Crash

I would be interested to see where his chute ended up taking him in relation to the fireball.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: flounderv2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would be interested to see where his chute ended up taking him in relation to the fireball. </div></div>

Judgeing from where the seat landed Id guess he got a very tight sphincter. What a way to waste $30,000,000 or so.

Pretty close to the ground there before he got out too.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cleaner</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: flounderv2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would be interested to see where his chute ended up taking him in relation to the fireball. </div></div>

Judgeing from where the seat landed Id guess he got a very tight sphincter. What a way to waste $30,000,000 or so. </div></div>
IMO, you can multiply the bill by 3, at least.

They used to crash these damn thing off the keys all the time. It's funny everyone makes fun of the Coast Guard until we pluck their asses out of the drink...

frown.gif
Skills?

Probably gonna take that outa his paycheck.

I calculate at $250 a month its gonna take him 10,000 years to pay it off....

and the Blue Angels will be flying over Lake Washington within the next 2 hrs...neat that they always schedule it at peak lunch traffic time LOL

Used to work in one of those buildings and those things would come overhead about 300 feet...

This crash tho will be interesting to see what would cause a double flame-out - maybe birds? - no Mccully dead stick landing here...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ArcticLight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

...what would cause a double flame-out...</div></div>

I must have missed that part the first time around. Is that what the story was? Now the site is different without the video and very little story to go along with pics.

the angels were great today! even though it turned a 20 minute trip home into an hour and 15 but my buddy and i went down to our shared dock to swim. were on south mercer island and they love to sneak up through that channel north towards seward park and pop over that hill to buzz all the boaters in the bay there. we got down to the dock and saw one coming around really slow from the south and he leveled off pointing straight at us going north. couldnt have been more than 150 feet over us, you could feel him shake the whole dock.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JpS</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cleaner</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: flounderv2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would be interested to see where his chute ended up taking him in relation to the fireball. </div></div>

Judgeing from where the seat landed Id guess he got a very tight sphincter. What a way to waste $30,000,000 or so. </div></div>
IMO, you can multiply the bill by 3, at least.</div></div>
Depends on the options, but typically $30m-$60m.
Either way, thats a big fuck up

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: flounderv2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would be interested to see where his chute ended up taking him in relation to the fireball. </div></div>

The video I saw showed the pilot landing safely away from the impact site. Ejection seats used since the late '70s are known as zero/zero seats. Zero airspeed and zero altitude. They'll initiate and deploy rapidly while steering away from the aircraft.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SmokinAce</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Video </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Global News - Canwest Television Limited Partnership.</div></div>