• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

F#ck the NRA

Handloader

Minuteman
Jun 11, 2009
Lewisburg, Ohio
Seriously, does this suprise anyone????

the NRA has taken the position (& continues to take the position) to support that the The United States Undetectable Firearms Act (UDA) of 1988 (18 U.S.C. § 922(p)) makes it illegal to manufacture, import, sell, ship, deliver, possess, transfer, or receive any firearm that is not as detectable by walk-through metal detection as a security exemplar containing 3.7 oz (105 g) of steel, or any firearm with major components that do not generate an accurate image before standard airport imaging technology. The language was additional pork in the most recent Defense Spending bill that removes an eight year sunset on the UDA and makes it permanent.

Last edited:
Tldr:
Reauthorization of the undetectable firearms act (ufa) is up as part of defense spending g bill. Nra is not opposing and says its OK to vote for bill (Defense act)

Defense act has to pass so everyone puts pork(extra shit)

UFA will become permanent instead if renewed every 8 years.

UFA requires guns to be detectable by x-ray machine (~3 oz metal).

Author fears will be weaponized against gun owners.

--------
I agree with Redmanns, can we get a fucking summary at the front before you check your sponsors, do title card, make a pizza and cut the grass.....

I wish we had another choice, to belong to our club you must belong to the NRA. My wife still belongs and the membership is in her name, I dropped mine and let them know it was because of the NRA. I suggested how about another group, GOA, and there are a couple really good specific missouri one......NO, NRA or nothing......ok I choose nothing.

So she has to go if I want to go, she goes anyway.

I shoot more and more in my back yard, the day is coming when I will just say, you know hon, lets just pass on this.

I’m not watching twelve minutes of bullshit to get what I can read in two. Someone post an article please.
Briefly, princess, the NRA has taken the position (& continues to take the position) to support that the The United States Undetectable Firearms Act (UDA) of 1988 (18 U.S.C. § 922(p)) makes it illegal to manufacture, import, sell, ship, deliver, possess, transfer, or receive any firearm that is not as detectable by walk-through metal detection as a security exemplar containing 3.7 oz (105 g) of steel, or any firearm with major components that do not generate an accurate image before standard airport imaging technology. The language was additional pork in the most recent Defense Spending bill that removes an eight year sunset on the UDA and makes it permanent.

Synopsis:
in the late 80s when Glock and other polymer pistols and guns were becoming available, control freaks worried about people being able to sneak a gun through a metal detector security point. So, it required having at least a small amount of detectable metal. This UFA (unidentifiable firearms act) had to be be renewed every 8 years. Now, this time, it is written to be permanent, with no need for renewable.

And this could effect people, especially those who want to 3D print guns. NRA has never opposed it, so this is par for the course.

Briefly, princess, the NRA has taken the position (& continues to take the position) to support that the The United States Undetectable Firearms Act (UDA) of 1988 (18 U.S.C. § 922(p)) makes it illegal to manufacture, import, sell, ship, deliver, possess, transfer, or receive any firearm that is not as detectable by walk-through metal detection as a security exemplar containing 3.7 oz (105 g) of steel, or any firearm with major components that do not generate an accurate image before standard airport imaging technology. The language was additional pork in the most recent Defense Spending bill that removes an eight year sunset on the UDA and makes it permanent.
Did I insult your favorite BoobTube attention whore, is that you yourself sucking cock for likes and subscribes?

• Haha
Reactions: EddieNFL
Synopsis:
in the late 80s when Glock and other polymer pistols and guns were becoming available, control freaks worried about people being able to sneak a gun through a metal detector security point. So, it required having at least a small amount of detectable metal. This UFA (unidentifiable firearms act) had to be be renewed every 8 years. Now, this time, it is written to be permanent, with no need for renewable.

And this could effect people, especially those who want to 3D print guns. NRA has never opposed it, so this is par for the course.

Reactions: Ronws
I wish we had another choice, to belong to our club you must belong to the NRA. My wife still belongs and the membership is in her name, I dropped mine and let them know it was because of the NRA. I suggested how about another group, GOA, and there are a couple really good specific missouri one......NO, NRA or nothing......ok I choose nothing.

So she has to go if I want to go, she goes anyway.

I shoot more and more in my back yard, the day is coming when I will just say, you know hon, lets just pass on this.

Couple of clubs in my AO have NRA requirements. At least one has no rapid fire, no holster use, your booted if you forget to sign in, etc. Pretty sure it's ran for 80-year-old trap shooters. Fortunately, the best range in the area is ran by a no BS guy. Pay your dues and "don't do anything stupid" rules. He does have rules about trauma kits on the range and protocols if you shoot yourself.

I really hope they didn’t actually renew or make permanent the UDA. Not renewing it could have been used as a bargaining chip and renewing/making it permanent WILL be weaponized by our enemies on the other side against us.

I used to be NRA member for one reason only, NRA classification for HP rifle matches. When I let my membership lapse, I found out if you change classification, they still send you a new card.

As such, they will never get another dime from me.

Reactions: gigamortis
Seriously, does this suprise anyone????

the NRA has taken the position (& continues to take the position) to support that the The United States Undetectable Firearms Act (UDA) of 1988 (18 U.S.C. § 922(p)) makes it illegal to manufacture, import, sell, ship, deliver, possess, transfer, or receive any firearm that is not as detectable by walk-through metal detection as a security exemplar containing 3.7 oz (105 g) of steel, or any firearm with major components that do not generate an accurate image before standard airport imaging technology. The language was additional pork in the most recent Defense Spending bill that removes an eight year sunset on the UDA and makes it permanent.

Good to see you see the light. Welcome to the party.

For everyone complaining about ranges requiring nra membership its probably because the only place they can get insurance is through the nra.

The biggest lie perpetrated in the 2A community is that the Second Amendment wouldn't be around still if it wasn't for the NRA.

For everyone complaining about ranges requiring nra membership its probably because the only place they can get insurance is through the nra.
This is no longer the case. NRA dropped policies many years ago. NRA affiliated clubs come from Board Members who don't have the balls to gut the NRA from their Clubs. I speak from experience, as I helped remove affiliation from my Club.

My grandfather was a life member. I grew up reading through stacks of American Hunter and American Rifleman. I was planning to join when I got older but he saw the writing on the wall in the 80's. Told me to look elsewhere. Even then the NRA was nothing more than a corporate cash cow and influence broker.

Nope, just pointing out the obvious. Please forgive my ignorance, princess
You post a video from Google, the most anti-gun, WEF backing, deep state promoting, conservative censoring company of Big-Tech complaining about the NRA, and I’m the princess because I refuse to give them another view and justification for ad revenue and just want an article or press release to read and draw my own conclusions instead?

Who’s the real fool here.

Yep, reported it before, want to shoot at my local, hometown range, send that money into the NRA. I do it every two years, and they have hardly finished keying in the credit card numbers before sending me a noice asking me to renew early. At one time they asked me to give them our entire inheritance. I oft wonder about folks who keep begging for money beyond the normal asking price.

I do shoot regularly at two other ranges, one in Louisiana which is a long ways away but is a great range. Our son and I shoot at a great range in Northwest Florida. That range, Altus, would seem to have bullet magnets in their targets, it shoots so nicely. Prince, it takes some work, but I am getting a handle on how to shoot it.

Oh, NRA, you will get my money in December when my dues are due. Not a Second Sooner and not a penny more. And you can keep those silly ”gifts” which I don’t need and just further clutter up the junk drawers.

Reactions: gigamortis

Sucks to be them. I can understand using them for insurance if that's the only reasonable option, but no need to stick it to the members.

Yep, reported it before, want to shoot at my local, hometown range, send that money into the NRA. I do it every two years, and they have hardly finished keying in the credit card numbers before sending me a noice asking me to renew early. At one time they asked me to give them our entire inheritance. I oft wonder about folks who keep begging for money beyond the normal asking price.

I do shoot regularly at two other ranges, one in Louisiana which is a long ways away but is a great range. Our son and I shoot at a great range in Northwest Florida. That range, Altus, would seem to have bullet magnets in their targets, it shoots so nicely. Prince, it takes some work, but I am getting a handle on how to shoot it.

Oh, NRA, you will get my money in December when my dues are due. Not a Second Sooner and not a penny more. And you can keep those silly ”gifts” which I don’t need and just further clutter up the junk drawers.

Shot at Altus when I lived in the panhandle. Nice range, but hot AF in the summer. Used to be called CORE.

Reactions: Dead Eye Dick
Dude makes it sound like the NRA wrote the bill. As if all the Congress people aren't going to vote for it anyways.

Way too many fucking clickbait gun videos on youtube these days.
I have a hard time sustaining the outrage train myself. And the the pit expects you to follow lockstep in the whargarbl of the day.

I think I'll go for a walk get ice cream and buy ammo

I was a member of a gun range in SE Idaho for 20+ years that had about 1500 members. When first getting the annual membership, they wanted your NRA membership number however if you didn't have it with you or have one, you could still get a membership.

From 2016 to 2019 I was the president of the organization operating the range. Had to renew our liability insurance and it was with a private company, not the NRA. The NRA member requirement was removed from the membership form.

Don't remember the cost for this insurance but do remember thinking the over all cost was really reasonable. As far as I know, in the 25 years the range had been in operation there had never been an insurance claim made by the range or any members. We had many organized shooting events but no range officers on duty at any time.

They have been anti 2A for a long time. I didn’t realize that so I joined in my 20s. Figured it out and let my membership lapse. Kept getting calls from them until I told the guy on other end that wlp is a cock sucker and as long as he and his ilk were involved, they would never see a dime from me. Haven’t heard from them since.

I'm a former NRA member. Just got sick of being constantly spammed with emails and snail mail asking for more money. Always more money....seemed like almost every frakin day (prob only every week).

Got sick of it and....well, fuck LaPierre

I'm a former NRA member. Just got sick of being constantly spammed with emails and snail mail asking for more money. Always more money....seemed like almost every frakin day (prob only every week).

Got sick of it and....well, fuck LaPierre
During the course of work, I was given the responsibility to award contracts to agencies providing services to difficult clients. In return, the agencies were required to allow me total access to their total financial records.

What I found was interesting. The folks making the most profit and or if nonprofit best at keeping their heads above water usually provided the best services to the clients. The folks at one agency that was always begging for money and often teetering on going into the red, had a gorgeous main office with loads of high paid office staff, but provided the worst services and had the least desirable facilities specifically for the clients.

Point, I am always suspicious of agencies, public or private that are always begging for more and more money. If you can’t make it on what other’s are being paid and are making it or doing very profitably, you need to look at what and how you are doing what you are supposed to be doing. NRA are you listening?

Reactions: DocRDS and Baron23