• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

F T/R Competition F Class results from hilltop

Hilltop Shooters

Private
Minuteman
May 9, 2013
Another fine day for shooting at Hilltop Gun Club.

Todays results. 300 yard F Class shoot.

1. Alan 198 23x's
2. Geo. 198 22x's
3. Kevin 192 17x's
4. John 191 19x's
5. Eli 187 14x's
6. Darrin 165 8x's
7. Dan 161 7x's
8. Chris 146 4x's

Next month, June 28. Come have some shooting fun with us.:cool:

Explain to me how someone can shoot 20 rounds, get a score of 198 AND 23 X?

Explain to me how someone can shoot 20 rounds, get a score of 198 AND 23 X?

Denys, they are shooting 40 rounds for score. The bull is 1 MOA worth 5 points,,,40 x 5 is a perfect 200.

Last edited:
Denys;

Good question, and the basis of the answer may be that Hilltop may be shooting something that might be better named FV300.

Some years back, STP and I put together a local club event at Odessa that we called FV200. It uses the F Class target MOA/Dimensions, and attempts to use as much of the F Class rules as possible to eliminate confusion, but we put it together deliberately using the older V style target scoring. This was done deliberately to make it into something that would not be confused with F Class.

But it has also become popular with other clubs in this area, with target adaptation to accommodate other distances. We even changed ours to FV250 when our range became 50yd longer.

Although I created the target format, I pose no restriction nor claim any credit. What the other clubs do is their business. I prefer it be referred to as FV followed by the distance, but I neither have any control over that, nor wish any.

Greg

And I just assumed it was a shoot-off due to the tie. Not having ever seen one, I was thinking that the subsequent shots did not add to the total score but were just used to break the tie. Off to the rule book.

This is interesting. Using 15.13(a), if there were a partial or complete score shot, how would that be reported? What would the reported score look like?

Because they are not using the F-class targets, these scores could not be reported to the NRA. I'm not even sure what targets are being used here and what the dimensions of the rings are.

But let's say they were to use real F-class targets, they would all be reported to the NRA under F-Open (for National Records purposes) and you would specify 40 rounds in the report.