• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

F---Frigidaire

When I last looked there was only 3 companies world wide who made home appliances.
Yup, serious.
Maytag, Kenmore, Frigidaire, all made in the same place in Chiwanistan by real Pakiwanis.

Just type the model number of said appliance and then item needed into google (example: 1Adgelk342 thermistor) and it'll find em all over the world.
Just before I decided to retire I worked for A&E for about a year.
A&E means appliances and electronics and it's a subdivision of Sears and the only profitable arm Sears has had for 20 years.
They give you a van, a cell phone, and a laptop and you work out of your home....drive to customers homes and fix their shit onsite.
The job wasn't bad but having to deal with Sears sucked.

You'll usually find a white sticker with model and serial number of that fridge just inside the door somewhere along where the door seal rides.
It's a simple fix.

BTW, those appliance extended home warranty things are a stone cold ripoff.
I know, I was paid very well when a customer on my route bought one.
Yeah, I've done the search with the model # etc. and no luck for just the thermistor, you have to buy the whole ice tray assembly and even then it's not necessarily a guaranteed replacement part.
As one long time member on this site's tag line says "univeral means it don't fit anything".