• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Factory ammo question( dont know which thread to leave this in)

Noles77

Private
Minuteman
Mar 12, 2018
South carolina
Ruger RPR 6.5 bone stock, spuhr and SB PMll... what are your suggestions on case factory ammo between Prime and Desert tech in thus all factory platform guys? Thanks in advance

I have, i kinda cheated and didnt group and went straight to 800 but i was kinda looking into ammo by the case and the best value? The ELD did do really well at 800 though i just didnt group at 100

It shoots desert tech pretty solid i guess im just looking for broad spectrum knowledge on the ammo. Ive seen in Franks vids a few times that DT seems to shoot a tad tighter than prime but its only for paper punching and working on the fundamentals

It shoots desert tech pretty solid i guess im just looking for broad spectrum knowledge on the ammo. Ive seen in Franks vids a few times that DT seems to shoot a tad tighter than prime but its only for paper punching and working on the fundamentals
The reason for the ammo that is! As cheap and accurate as i can

I have always had the best luck with 140 ELDM'S and DT ammo. My guns do not like Prime ammo.

My .308 rem 700 eats prime but i guess i need to just eat the caje and buy a box of each and group them! I have a class mid may and need ammo is the reason for the season as far as the question goes

Check out Eagle Eye Precision.

Their stuff shot great out of my 308. I can't say how their 6.5 is but I was getting 10-12 SD.

I'll be surprised if you find a better factory load than the Hornady 140 ELD-M, when you consider both grouping at 100, and ES/SD which will affect vertical at distance.

Reactions: Jeffd
The #s favor the 140 ELDM, but the RPR I had shot 120 AMAX very accurately, at the expense of longer range.

It didn't group 140 AMAX or the ELD. Each gun/barrel is different

I'm a newbie shooter with less than 100 rounds down range. I have been shooting this stuff:

https://www.hornady.com/ammunition/rifle/6-5-creedmoor-140-gr-eld-match#!/

And it's doing this at 100 yards:
100YardsandaNickle.jpg

So until I get experience and start loading my own this Winter I'm sticking with the Hornady 140 gr. ELD Match ammunition and keep the brass to reload.

VooDoo