• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Falcon 5-25x50 FFP Blurriness

Crowmosly

Private
Minuteman
Feb 12, 2010
Guthrie,Ok
I just recently purchased a Falcon 5-25 FFP and I really like it so far. I have a question for fellow owners... At higher powers the image gets pretty fuzzy... So much so that I thought it was picking up reflection off of my barrel.

What's weird is that when I raise my head up just a little bit, the milkiness goes away and I can see the target clearer... but it begins to darken around the edges and the reticle begins to distort... So... the question is... normal?..or do I need to strip the krylon off and send it back? Thanks guys.

Re: Falcon 5-25x50 FFP Blurriness

To be honest, thats just the way the falcons are. I had one a while back and it did the same thing. I sent it back only after the mag ring torqued the glass inside the scope sideways...

At 25X the exit pupil is only 2mm. That's going to make the eyebox very tight, so head alignment is critical. Also the edge-to-edge clarity suffers at the higher mags. It's a sub-$500 scope....

Okay, I guess I'll keep using it and see if I can get my cheek piece set perfectly. I love the scope otherwise, tracks great, reticle is very usable, knobs are good, and it seems durable. I didn't want to spend a ton of cash and I really wanted FFP so... yep... thats why I bought it. We'll see if I can stand it...

I have been behind multiple 5-25 falcons and they all had this problem. Just how they are. I usually never shot mine above 20x for this reason.

Mine is the same way and I have to have my head just right or it blacks out at the higher magnifications. Seems to track correctly but we'll see when I take it to 1000 yards soon.

i'm looking to buy a horus falcon, but the website has them listed @5x20 and $1350, and this thread lists them at 5x25 and "sub $500" what gives? old model/new model?
I haven't found any reviews, anyone have any opinions? I'm looking at the falcon over the HDMR for the IR

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: daniel crocket</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i'm looking to buy a horus falcon, but the website has them listed @5x20 and $1350, and this thread lists them at 5x25 and "sub $500" what gives? old model/new model?
I haven't found any reviews, anyone have any opinions? I'm looking at the falcon over the HDMR for the IR </div></div>

You've got your wires crossed.

Horus (Scope Company) Falcon (Model of Horus Scope)

Falcon Optics (Scope Company) 5-25x50FFP (Model of Falcon Scope)

Not related.