• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Falcon Menace users a quick question.

Sixpakastan

Private
Minuteman
Apr 15, 2009
Missouri
I just got my scope and got it mounted this weekend have not had a chance to get to the range with mothers day and all.

I noticed when I was playing around with it last night I took the caps off to see how much grease and goop it had under the caps after reading a thread where someone had said cleaning that out made the clicks a little more solid feeling and more audible but there was not that much grease under it and the clicks felt and sounded fine not S&B or USO loud and stiff but I can tell when I click it.

Anyway I noticed my cap was set at line 3 from the factory with the caps on well after taking the cap off and pushing it back on I got it down to line 2, but it still looks like there is a decent gap that "SHOULD" get me down to line one but I'm not sure I want to force any harder than I did to get it down to the second line, anyone else have this issue? short of a board and a few light hammer taps I'm not sure it's gonna sink that far.

Can't wait to get out and do some shooting the glass is crystal clear now that I adjusted the occular a pinch the reticle is sharp and crisp and everything I have been able to look at thru the scope comes into a nice clean picture once I set parralax seems like it was worth the money and now I'm kicking myself for not waiting on the 5-25 model, oh well I can sell this one in the rings for what I paid for it and "upgrade" down the road.

Thanks
Six.

Re: Falcon Menace users a quick question.

On mine it slides down real easy. Keep trying, maybe its finicky on the positioning

Mine went down nice and easy as well. I am thinking the latest batch has a different lube in it. I did the same thing when I got my new scope a little over a week ago.

I have not tracked mine for repeatability, but I must say the glass is pretty damn clear.

seems that the japanese make some fine glass, It makes me wonder why the scope is assembled in the uk.
shocked.gif